ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Panthers

casdas

Prep
May 29, 2001
Is it true that Carnegie Tech kicked y'alls butts?

Pitt05.jpg

And that Panthers are always stumbling around drunk on "Old Panther" (whatever that is)?

Pitt04.jpg

Just kidding. Old decals are great! Hope it's a great game and good luck to you guys, except for the final score. No lightning delays please.

Is it true that Carnegie Tech kicked y'alls butts?

Pitt05.jpg

And that Panthers are always stumbling around drunk on "Old Panther" (whatever that is)?

Pitt04.jpg

Just kidding. Old decals are great! Hope it's a great game and good luck to you guys, except for the final score. No lightning delays please.
Those are awesome...wish CFB used those exclusively.

Reactions: casdas
(ESPN 30 for 30 VOICE)

What if I told you that 1960 team started 0-2-1, and would only lose one more game the rest of the season?
Pitt was one of the first and only schools to be playing national schedules. Also going coast to coast was unheard of back in the day. Pretty sure Pitt had a schedule once in that era which had UCLA , USC and Washington.

(ESPN 30 for 30 VOICE)

What if I told you that 1960 team started 0-2-1, and would only lose one more game the rest of the season?
Ok PHATWOOD, now I will tell the rest of the story. Without searching the record for 1960 and if I recall correctly Panthers final record was 4 4 3. The Pitt vs Msu was the game of the week and the final was a 7, 7 tie. I think there was but 1 game schedule for tv on a Saturday during the season and it was advertised as the game of the week, may have been ABC.

Without searching the record for 1960 and if I recall correctly Panthers final record was 4 4 3. The Pitt vs Msu was the game of the week and the final was a 7, 7 tie. I think there was but 1 game schedule for tv on a Saturday during the season and it was advertised as the game of the week, may have been ABC.

Close, 4-3-3. Beat Miami, West Virginia, Syracuse and Notre Dame, tied with Michigan State, TCU and Army, lost to UCLA (8-7), Oklahoma (15-14), and the nitters (14-3). I have an old media guide here that shows all the national television games that we play up to that point and the Michigan State game was, indeed, on ABC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT