ADVERTISEMENT

Hinson to Lakers

On a two way. Rockets also were interested.

He got a 2 way? That's AWESOME. He'll play games in the NBA next year. Good money too. I think. They keep changing those contracts. Anyone know?

I hope BballinsiderfromPepperdine is in attendance at the Staples Center next year to take in his biggest L yet.

Breaking News: Hinson still awesome! SMF still a loser.

Was hoping he’d be a Sixer with lots of roster opportunity, but glad he’s getting he’s earned, even if it’s with LeBum.

Reactions: PittInMissouri
He got a 2 way? That's AWESOME. He'll play games in the NBA next year. Good money too. I think. They keep changing those contracts. Anyone know?

I hope BballinsiderfromPepperdine is in attendance at the Staples Center next year to take in his biggest L yet.
Yes, also mintz undrafted. Can’t win them all…

The two of you both took more Ls than the rest of the board combined but also both had an uncanny skill of changing the original prediction to try and get out of actually taking the L.

Good money but significantly less than had he another year of college eligibility. I wonder if Lowe is making more.

Its funny because it used to be where getting that 2 way out of college was life-changing money. Now, for some of these guys, its taking a paycut. For Hinson, not sure if he made that much this past year, probably not but probably not far off. But if you have eligibility left, its pretty stupid to declare for the draft unless you have a good chance of going 1st Round. Lots of money to be made in college basketball.

Last edited:
I know nothing about LeBron's son ... what position does he even play? Can Hinson beat him out? Or will nepotism prevent it?

I know nothing about LeBron's son ... what position does he even play? Can Hinson beat him out? Or will nepotism prevent it?
They don’t play the same position. Bronny is an off-ball guard, not a wing.

The Lakers rookie that Blake would need to beat is Dalton Knecht, and I think Blake’s got a shot to do that.

Bronny isnt as good as Ish Leggett. That said, you can throw him or Ish in an NBA game for a few minutes and it will be fine.
Bronny is the new GOAT of NEPO BABIES, what other 6th man at a 15-18 college program that averaged 4ppg get's drafted to the NBA? :) Hinson is 6 inches taller, averaged like 18ppg in the ACC, is a top 3-point shooter, please nobody here tell me they really believe Bronny is better than Blake?

They don’t play the same position. Bronny is an off-ball guard, not a wing.

The Lakers rookie that Blake would need to beat is Dalton Knecht, and I think Blake’s got a shot to do that.
Knecht is an off ball guard too, and a really good one with an all around skillset. Hinson will not “competing” with the Lakers first round pick for a roster spot any more than he’ll be competing with Lebron for one. As for Bronny, he wasn’t drafted to actually get on the floor for the Lakers. He was drafted with essentially a throwaway pick so the Lakers could make history by having the first father/son roster duo in NBA history.

It’s an interesting question as to whether Hinson is better off with a 2-way contract tying him to one team, or whether he would have been more likely to make a roster as a G league free agent that any team can sign at any time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT