ADVERTISEMENT

Article Hokies can't spook Panthers; Pitt sweeps VT on Halloween

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
Pitt volleyball must have had some trick-or-treating plans to get to on Sunday. It only took the team an hour and 18 minutes to dispatch the Virginia Tech Hokies for Halloween, its second sweep of the weekend.

One odd development from today's match: Leketor Member-Meneh's injury(?) situation.

Here's the excerpt from my recap today:

"Missouri transfer Leketor Member-Meneh didn’t appear in her usual starting role for the Panthers on Sunday. She spent the first game on the bench in her warmup gear due to an apparent injury, but did team exercises in between points. Valeria Vazquez Gomez, coming off a great third set against Wake Forest, received her fourth start of the season in Member-Meneh’s absence."

"After a significant warmup, Pitt head coach Dan Fisher subbed Member-Meneh into the match in the second game. But within minutes of her entrance, the 5-foot-8 outside hitter landed awkwardly on an attacking attempt, and had to be helped off of the court.

ACC Network broadcasters reported Member-Meneh told coaches she “just needs some tape,” but she wouldn’t return to the court for the rest of the match."

One odd development from today's match: Leketor Member-Meneh's injury(?) situation.

Here's the excerpt from my recap today:

"Missouri transfer Leketor Member-Meneh didn’t appear in her usual starting role for the Panthers on Sunday. She spent the first game on the bench in her warmup gear due to an apparent injury, but did team exercises in between points. Valeria Vazquez Gomez, coming off a great third set against Wake Forest, received her fourth start of the season in Member-Meneh’s absence."

"After a significant warmup, Pitt head coach Dan Fisher subbed Member-Meneh into the match in the second game. But within minutes of her entrance, the 5-foot-8 outside hitter landed awkwardly on an attacking attempt, and had to be helped off of the court.

ACC Network broadcasters reported Member-Meneh told coaches she “just needs some tape,” but she wouldn’t return to the court for the rest of the match."
Is there any opportunity for post match q and a with Fisher and the players like in football and basketball to get more information ? If not the SID needs to step it up. This program has been ranked for quite awhile and people are interested.

Lockwood has been out for a couple weeks and was dressed out yesterday but didn't play.The injury originally looked like a bad ankle sprain but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Lockwood has been out for a couple weeks and was dressed out yesterday but didn't play.The injury originally looked like a bad ankle sprain but I could be wrong.
She was in a boot and crutches before, but seems to have transitioned to just an ankle brace. She still had a pretty severe limp when she walked out to the huddle after the win on Friday. I'd be surprised if she makes it back this season.

Lockwood made her return on Tuesday against American. Played in all three sets, had an efficient five kills on six attempts

Reactions: Pitt MD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT