ADVERTISEMENT

Holstein Starting

Don't think Pitt is likely to show a lot in its first game. Would be happy if they can competently execute the game plan without too many penalties/mental mistakes and the offense at the pace that Kade Bell wants. Do those things and you can compete with plenty of more talented teams. And if we have better talent than expected perhaps we outperform this year. It feels easier to be pessimistic, but going to remain optimistic as we wait and see what tomorrow brings.

I’m probably staying the obvious. Our floor is higher with Yarnell but our ceiling is higher with Holstein. You can count on Yarnell to play mostly mistake-free football and keep us in a lot of games.

Holstein has every physical attribute but a bit of a project. If he figures it out, he’s basically a Josh Allen-type of college football.

I think it makes sense to play both on Saturday. We can see how Holstein plays in an actual game. If he’s clearly not ready then start Yarnell against Cincinnati.

I’m probably staying the obvious. Our floor is higher with Yarnell but our ceiling is higher with Holstein. You can count on Yarnell to play mostly mistake-free football and keep us in a lot of games.

Holstein has every physical attribute but a bit of a project. If he figures it out, he’s basically a Josh Allen-type of college football.

I think it makes sense to play both on Saturday. We can see how Holstein plays in an actual game. If he’s clearly not ready then start Yarnell against Cincinnati.
If we have Josh Allen in holstein we are winning the natty this year

Narduzzi's limited response to Peak's Hammond question was kind of telling. It was very short with no elaboration or praise like he gave Reid and Davis. Don't know what's going on, but something isn't right.
Ask Ollison about Narduzzi ‘s silly doghouse

10 TDs vs 9 INts with a 58% completion rate -
I mean compared to Phil and Christian - sure
Slovis was pretty remarkable in his decline.
His (college style) QB rating over five years.:
- USC 167.6
- USC 144.1
- USC 132.7
- Pitt 127.1
- BYU 122.1

His completion percentage went down four times in a row as well.

Anyway..Holestein may be playing in an offense that takes better advantage of his strengths.

Reactions: PittPharm2002
10 TDs vs 9 INts with a 58% completion rate -
I mean compared to Phil and Christian - sure
Slovis’ performance wasn’t much of a drop off from Kenny’s first 4 years. He had a bad stretch in the middle of the season but he wasn’t nearly as bad as he’s made out to be.

And of course just the other day he said pretty much exactly the opposite.

It's almost as if he says whatever he thinks he needs to to make himself not look like an idiot.

It's almost as if he says whatever he thinks he needs to to make himself not look like an idiot.

And, in so doing…..

Because it was so pathetically obvious that Jurko couldn't play football it was painful. HE COULDN'T COMPLETE A SCREEN PASS, FOR PETE'S SAKE.
I get your point. But I also get the logic of starting Jurkovec. Of the 3 QBs Pitt had on roster going into last season, at their particular stage of development, PJ replicating his level of play from 2020 & 21 was the ONLY chance Pitt had of posting a winning record last year.

That's not QB mismanagement. That's program mismanagement.

And, in so doing…..
Or maybe he just say shit, cause like every other the coach, they dont want to answer stupid questions. Like really, you dont think he is involved with those decisions? He hates talking to the media.

And because he doesnt answer question like media and fans want him to, then he's acting like an idiot, or some other non sense.

Coaches are not stupid. You dont answer questions to answer them.

Or maybe he just say shit, cause like every other the coach, they dont want to answer stupid questions. Like really, you dont think he is involved with those decisions? He hates talking to the media.

And because he doesnt answer question like media and fans want him to, then he's acting like an idiot, or some other non sense.

I think every coach hates talking to the media. I mean who are you messenging to? Your fanbase? Your team? Staff? Opponent? Just how transparent and honest are you wanting to be in those situations?

Way too many landmines.

Coaches are actually pretty stupid .
Duzz is probably below average on that scale .

It’s why he’s writing himself notes mid game and always needs to see the tape .
He honestly can’t process and retain relevant info

Coaches are actually pretty stupid .
Duzz is probably below average on that scale .

It’s why he’s writing himself notes mid game and always needs to see the tape .
He honestly can’t process and retain relevant info
Its funny how people went to college and then call others who went to college stupid. How in the world can a millionare who leads 80 or so young men who also are in college?

I wish I was as stupid as all those coaches.

Its funny how people went to college and then call others who went to college stupid. How in the world can a millionare who leads 80 or so young men who also are in college?

Same here.

I've also never heard of note-taking to be cited aa a character trait of stupid people.

Reactions: Dan1911

Because there are plenty of really dumb people in college .
He got a degree to be a gym teacher and a masters in sports studies .

You simply needed to take low paying jobs for a long time and advance .
Helps if your dad was a college head coach to help give you connections

Or did it ?
Senior RB suddenly ineligible ?
He did something that's completely beyond the control of the coaches. There's speculation as to what exactly - there is a prevailing theory though that some with insight are reporting - but it certainly doesn't appear it's the "in the coaches doghouse" variety. NCPitt likely just doesn't want to post what being speculated on the free board. But, if what's being speculated is true, it's entirely on Hammond.

A prominent player isn't just ruled ineligible for an entire season for no apparent reason. You know better than that. Narduzzi can be a dunce for sure but in this case it seems he was protecting a player and the privacy of said player.

Last edited:
I didn’t expect he’d get the first start but am pretty excited to see what he can do, especially in the new offense.

I admit I know nothing about him - but a former top 50 /Bama recruit that is still young is intriguing. Yarnell scheduled to play too.

I am literally shocked by this.

I think after last year, Narduzzi is completely different. He allowed that sh!tshow to last too long, and now he is gloves off. new OC who is all passing, and now this.

I am literally shocked by this.

I think after last year, Narduzzi is completely different. He allowed that sh!tshow to last too long, and now he is gloves off. new OC who is all passing, and now this.

I like Yarnell in a “capable backup” role. Not saying he isn’t capable of more, but that’s the vibe I get. High floor, low ceiling. So I like getting Eli reps early. If he flops, you still have that capable backup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT