ADVERTISEMENT

Holy Cow! UCLA Wins, 45-44!

Dr. von Yinzer

Chancellor
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2010
I have no idea what happened?

I started off watching both of tonight's games but I tuned out of the FOX game when it was "clear" it was going to be a blowout. At my last look the score was was 38-10, Texas A&M.

I've been watching the West Virginia/Virginia Tech game ever since and it was a great football game. Virginia Tech had to make a goal line stand at the end to win.

However, in the meantime, apparently UCLA came all the way back and somehow won, 45–44.

Amazing turn of events. I just wish that I had watched some of it.

Reactions: Chad40301
I wonder if this is one of those system things where Texas A&M was throwing it and throwing it and throwing it some more all while running up-tempo all the time; and it bit them in the behind?

Maybe it was the old Todd Graham/Iowa deal? I have no idea – I didn't see a single second of it in the second half.

I wonder if this is one of those system things where Texas A&M was throwing it and throwing it and throwing it some more all while running up-tempo all the time; and it bit them in the behind?

Maybe it was the old Todd Graham/Iowa deal? I have no idea – I didn't see a single second of it in the second half.
A&M played smash mouth with that huge line. Rosen was just sick 2nd half.

Plus the A&M starting QB got hurt so they had to play a freshman who struggled

Great comeback by a great QB. His receivers were very good and the D stepped up from the middle of the 3rd until the end. A&M put Rosen on the turf a lot but he hung in.

44-10.... in the third quarter! There is seriously not even enough time for that comeback. Unreal. That's gotta be worse than our bowl meltdown against Houston a few years ago.

34 pt comeback? That has to be a new comeback record. I think Frank Reich and the Maryland team of the mid 80s had a 32 pt comeback against Miami.

44-10.... in the third quarter! There is seriously not even enough time for that comeback. Unreal. That's gotta be worse than our bowl meltdown against Houston a few years ago.
It's true we can always find a PITT comparable to almost any football disaster?

34 pt comeback? That has to be a new comeback record. I think Frank Reich and the Maryland team of the mid 80s had a 32 pt comeback against Miami.
in college football the prevent defense doesn't work. Clock stopping when you get a first down opens up the middle of the field. You don't need timeouts. Wvu moved the ball 55 yards in a 1:30 minutes with one timeout and they were tackled a few times in bounds without getting a first down. No lead is safe because you can score in a minute without timeouts.

I hate that rule. It's a bad rule that should've been changed years and years ago.

The biggest comeback was Michigan State coming back from 35 down against Northwestern about 10 years ago.

in college football the prevent defense doesn't work. Clock stopping when you get a first down opens up the middle of the field. You don't need timeouts. Wvu moved the ball 55 yards in a 1:30 minutes with one timeout and they were tackled a few times in bounds without getting a first down. No lead is safe because you can score in a minute without timeouts.
clock stops for the chains and starts again. this is not 1978.

I have no idea what happened?

I started off watching both of tonight's games but I tuned out of the FOX game when it was "clear" it was going to be a blowout. At my last look the score was was 38-10, Texas A&M.

I've been watching the West Virginia/Virginia Tech game ever since and it was a great football game. Virginia Tech had to make a goal line stand at the end to win.

However, in the meantime, apparently UCLA came all the way back and somehow won, 45–44.

Amazing turn of events. I just wish that I had watched some of it.

Someone clued me in via text that UCLA was mounting a comeback. So I got to see their last 3 scores. Amazing.

Last night was a really fun night of college football. It was as good as it gets.

More impressive to come back against A&M than us because they are a serious program; but on the flip side, Houston stunk, so maybe it was more impressive they were able to pull it off.

One other thing, UCLA's absolutely gorgeous sweet uniforms should tell us all we need to know about which direction we should go. Because our "throwbacks" are the only unis to challenge their's.

I was going back and forth between games, but it appeared A&M was gaining a ton of yards on the ground. They started trying to throw the ball with a new QB, the clock kept stopping, and they opened the door for UCLA to comeback.

They stopped feeding their two backs who were killing it. Don't be fooled by the rush attempts in the 4th quarter, a few were sacks. They had this weird concept of, let's not milk the click on O, but let's play prevent D.

What's crazier is, A&M had no turnovers during the collapse

They stopped feeding their two backs who were killing it. Don't be fooled by the rush attempts in the 4th quarter, a few were sacks. They had this weird concept of, let's not milk the click on O, but let's play prevent D.

What's crazier is, A&M had no turnovers during the collapse
I mostly only watched the wvu game because well, it was 44-10 at one point. You said there were no turnovers and there was one possession I was curious about, did a&m miss a field goal in the game?

I mostly only watched the wvu game because well, it was 44-10 at one point. You said there were no turnovers and there was one possession I was curious about, did a&m miss a field goal in the game?

Yes. They were up 44-31 with 4:40 left. It was a 43 yard fg. It would have been a 34 yard fg, but their qb was sacked on 3rd down

Yes. They were up 44-31 with 4:40 left. It was a 43 yard fg. It would have been a 34 yard fg, but their qb was sacked on 3rd down
Yeah at that point I saw a&m driving late and figured they would score a TD and finish it. Even a fg would've been enough really. So I was extremely surprised when all of a sudden ucla went up 45-44 as I had figured a&m could've found a way to get something, and certainly couldn't have actually given up 2 TDs on top of that.

Sounds like another Air Raid loss. You throw, throw, throw on every down and you stop the clock with every incompletion and even with some completions.

Also, in order for that offense to work you have to run it at a fast tempo. That means that your time of possession is atrocious, which makes it a terrible four minute offense.

AM is not a serious program,they just recruit pure and simple,which helps being in the SEC,their coach is horrible and is about to be fired

AM is not a serious program,they just recruit pure and simple,which helps being in the SEC,their coach is horrible and is about to be fired
They draw good crowds. That's about it. Other than that they're just like any other school that's not your traditional power and annual contender.

They have one of the most loyal and supportive fanbases in the country, and are located in a state that has a ton of talent. They should be a Top 15 program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT