ADVERTISEMENT

Home & Home with Western Michigan

state govt has enough issues on their plate, they don't need to get into scheduling college football games.
C'mon. PA govt is a joke. Pretty much everything else they spend time and money is worthless or counterproductive, so this would automatically be a boost to their value. Unless you want em debating the state insect, or sending the cro-magnon Lt Gov on a COUNTY BY COUNTY tour to push legalizing recreational pot... which im personally fine with, believe me (automatically would prevent several Pitt star player suspensions in the future)...but his own boss said "nada" to...

C'mon. PA govt is a joke. Pretty much everything else they spend time and money is worthless or counterproductive, so this would automatically be a boost to their value. Unless you want em debating the state insect, or sending the cro-magnon Lt Gov on a COUNTY BY COUNTY tour to push legalizing recreational pot... which im personally fine with, believe me (automatically would prevent several Pitt star player suspensions in the future)...but his own boss said "nada" to...
With his tattoo's and style of dress, Fetterman looks like a guy who should be running a Tilt 'a Whirl somewhere, but he's actually a very educated and interesting person.
Did some good things for Baddock, and that is a tough act!

With his tattoo's and style of dress, Fetterman looks like a guy who should be running a Tilt 'a Whirl somewhere, but he's actually a very educated and interesting person.
Did some good things for Baddock, and that is a tough act!
True and not an intent to disparage that aspect. I'll add my disdain is non partisan. The rep from Cranberry is a dangerous whack job and should not be holding public office.

Reactions: FreeportPanther
I think that is the only way we get a government mandated series. Pitt,PSU, and Temple all get 1 and 1 with each other over 6 yrs, then repeat the cycle.. It is fair and predictable for the 3 AD's in building their own OOC packages.

I think that is the only way we get a government mandated series. Pitt,PSU, and Temple all get 1 and 1 with each other over 6 yrs, then repeat the cycle.. It is fair and predictable for the 3 AD's in building their own OOC packages.

And it should be that way. I'd also add in the other sports. Have like a "Keystone Cup" competition. Donate a portion to PHEAA or whatever. Like Pitt basketball would play at Penn State and home with Temple and the next year it would be reversed.

The state should require all the in state FBS football and D1 basketball schools getting state money to play each other annually. Like most other states with that situation do.

Which states actually do that? Ohio most certainly does not. Michigan does not. Illinois does not. California does not (Cal and UCLA wouldn't have enough spots available on their schedules if they did). Alabama doesn't. Texas doesn't. Which states actually have laws like that?

Which states actually do that? Ohio most certainly does not. Michigan does not. Illinois does not. California does not (Cal and UCLA wouldn't have enough spots available on their schedules if they did). Alabama doesn't. Texas doesn't. Which states actually have laws like that?

Just Kentucky I think. Manchin (I think he was gov. than) mandated that WVU and Marshall schedule a series but that didnt last.

However, Pitt and PSU are the only 2 P5 programs in different conference that dont play regularly. This is besides Texas where A&M doesnt play any of their former B12 mates due to bad blood.

SC/Clemson
FSU/Miami
UGa/GT
Lou/UK
Iowa/ISU
Utah/BYU (BYU is essentially a P5 team)
ND/Purdue
Colorado/Colorado St (they arent even P5)

I mean think about that. Why is Pitt/PSU the outlier?

Just Kentucky I think. Manchin (I think he was gov. than) mandated that WVU and Marshall schedule a series but that didnt last.

However, Pitt and PSU are the only 2 P5 programs in different conference that dont play regularly. This is besides Texas where A&M doesnt play any of their former B12 mates due to bad blood.

SC/Clemson
FSU/Miami
UGa/GT
Lou/UK
Iowa/ISU
Utah/BYU (BYU is essentially a P5 team)
ND/Purdue
Colorado/Colorado St (they arent even P5)

I mean think about that. Why is Pitt/PSU the outlier?
Not sure if u meant FL/FSU.....but FSU/MIA is in the same conference

state govt has enough issues on their plate, they don't need to get into scheduling college football games.

The state is currently debating whether public high schools should compete in the same classifications as private high schools so I think they could easily make room

The state is currently debating whether public high schools should compete in the same classifications as private high schools so I think they could easily make room

They shouldnt but I'd throw charters in there as well.

There should be 4 class for schools which have geographic boundaries and 2 classes for schools which do not. Have a Tournament of Champions at the end like NJ does

Exactly. The state legislature should mandate a football and basketball series between Pitt, PSU, and Temple. PSU road games generate a lot of money for the local economy. Better for the state for PSU to play road games in Pit or Phi than Syr, Blacksburg, or Morgantown.

PNC Keystone Series

Year 1
PSU @ Pitt

Year 2
Pitt @ Temple

Year 3
Temple @ PSU

Year 4
Pitt @ PSU

Year 5
Temple @ Pitt

Year 6
PSU @ Temple

So in a 6 year span, teams each other home and away once.

In case you haven't noticed, state government has no ability to make PSU's administration do anything. They are completely powerless against them, so far as the current rules that are in place. They can't threaten to cut funding, because they hardly give PSU/Pitt/Temple anything anyhow, and it's believed that current PSU administration would rather go private than hand over any more authority over to the state.

Wolf suggested a few years ago that he'd be willing to think about changing the way the school operates, but nothing ever happened. Too many big money people don't want that to happen.

At any rate, it's a pipedream and fool's gold to think that the state legislature could get involved. They can't, and they know it, so they won't risk the embarrassment.

Many, many people would be happy to change this, by the way. But thanks to the almighty dollar, it will never happen. PSU administration is extremely corrupt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT