ADVERTISEMENT

Hornibrook - Transferring

Another entry into the Portal.
This Portal thing sounds a bit "sketchy." Who knows where you might end up?
Playing with VInce Lombardi at Fordham?

7539571358_38f098272d_h.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PittCity
Great OL and RB’s should make it easier for him, he’s just not that good.

He might be more effective if he moved down a level.

Well, he's from West Chester, so Villanova is certainly in play. Maybe even Rutgers (I don't know what rules the B1G has about transfers within the conference).

Amazing that Chryst has never recruited a HS QB of note as a HC or OC.

He hasn't played a down yet, but Graham Mertz is the crown jewel of their '19 class. Mertz stepping foot on campus could have something to do with Hornibrook's transfer too. Most think he could be a day 1 starter.

But I do agree with your sentiment, outside of R. Wilson (grad transfer) where does Chryst get his rep as a QB guru?

Reactions: pittdan77
I really really like the transfer rules opening up for college kids. And this is someone who, if I had my choice, would end free agency in pro sports. I’m a Steeler fan and FA has taken away some of my favs in 90s.

A rule that really helps kids who have earned it in the classroom.

He hasn't played a down yet, but Graham Mertz is the crown jewel of their '19 class. Mertz stepping foot on campus could have something to do with Hornibrook's transfer too. Most think he could be a day 1 starter.

But I do agree with your sentiment, outside of R. Wilson (grad transfer) where does Chryst get his rep as a QB guru?
Fred's grandson?
c98739a46d49dbc7a9e1ae096847f08c--william-frawley-tv-movie.jpg

Well, he's from West Chester, so Villanova is certainly in play. Maybe even Rutgers (I don't know what rules the B1G has about transfers within the conference).
I don't know what rules the B1G has about transfers within the conference...probably have a rule against it but the powers that be probably just chuckle and say, "hahaha, what the hell, its Rutgers, what difference would it make...If someone wants to go to New Jersey (on purpose?) let em go"

I don't know what rules the B1G has about transfers within the conference...probably have a rule against it but the powers that be probably just chuckle and say, "hahaha, what the hell, its Rutgers, what difference would it make...If someone wants to go to New Jersey (on purpose?) let em go"
Are the rules the same for Grad Transfers? The ACC has rules like that, but they didn't apply for Cam Johnson because he was a grad transfer.

Are the rules the same for Grad Transfers? The ACC has rules like that, but they didn't apply for Cam Johnson because he was a grad transfer.
The Cam issue was before the transfer rules changed. Now you can transfer anywhere as a grad transfer, even in conference, and you cannot be held out. In Cam's instance, at that time most conferences in most of their sports did not allow a transfer in conference even for grad transfers without sitting out a year. The ACC had that rule for football at the time, but not for basketball. That's why there was the argument about it with him. Now it doesn't matter as the NCAA has solidified new transfer rules across the board.

81qWEe2cvjL._SL1500_.jpg

If the guy stinks, let him transfer inside the conference to his heart's content! If the fools will take him. Hell, let him transfer every week, to the next opponent we play!

But if he's any good, obstruct it as hard as possible! There are plenty of great Non ACC schools out there. He'll still get a free ride and great experience. Beating up on US just shouldn't be part of that.

It's not personal, it's business. And if "Back To School" taught us nothing else, it's that the Business of America is Business. And, that there's nothing better than good old fashioned business. Except maybe a little monkey business! And, what's a bath without some bubbles? Hey Bubbles, get over here!

By having really good offenses and winning a lot of games

Have you ever been inside the home when he was recruiting? Have you ever seen him interact with coaches in a one on one situation?
I heard him speak on multiple occasions. I had all the proof I needed to know he was a lousy speaker and an average at best recruiter.

Chryst is proof that sometimes ... not all, maybe not even most times ... the head coach himself can be almost superfluous to success. Definitely seems that way wth Chryst and Wisconsin. Admin support, alum support, system, and yeah, schedule, can sometimes make most of the dif.

I'll say this that i was bummed when that guy fled us, along with Chryst. But doesn't seem like it was much of a loss after all. Unless of course he ends up HERE as a transfer at some point, certainly not implausible...so maybe i should have waited to conclude that... nah...

By having really good offenses and winning a lot of games
Like he did at Pitt?

QB play hasn't exactly defined Wisconsin football or its success. By my count they've had one good one in the entire Alvarez era, and he was a finished product when he got there as a one year rental. The typical Wisky QB is a classic game manager type.

I give PC credit for knowing what to do with Wilson for the one year he had him. It was a perfect fit for both parties. Best offense in school history.

Then right back to 3 yards and a cloud of rubber pellets throwing only as necessary.

This Mertz kid he has coming in looks like the real deal. Watched him in the AA game and he was impressive. It will be interesting once Mertz gets his shot to see what PC does with him.

I'm dead serious he wouldn't even be 3rd string if he came here. Not in our young QB room.
LMAO.

If healthy, he'd start from game 1. No doubt in my mind.

And not because he's some world beater-but because he'd be the best QB in the room the minute he stepped into it. Read into that what you will.

it's not an impressive group we have there.

I heard him speak on multiple occasions. I had all the proof I needed to know he was a lousy speaker and an average at best recruiter.
Our current guy is not exactly an oratorical giant himself, nor has he acquitted himself as any better of a recruiter.

In case this isn't obvious to some of you, Pitt is a tough sell.

Our current guy is not exactly an oratorical giant himself, nor has he acquitted himself as any better of a recruiter.

In case this isn't obvious to some of you, Pitt is a tough sell.
Did I suggest the current guy is a good recruiter? Pitt’s a tough sell when you can’t sell or deliver on the field results. There aren’t ANY insurmountable inherent issues holding Pitt back,

Reactions: pittdan77
Did I suggest the current guy is a good recruiter? Pitt’s a tough sell when you can’t sell or deliver on the field results. There aren’t ANY insurmountable inherent issues holding Pitt back,
It's just 35 years of persistent bad luck I guess.

LMAO.

If healthy, he'd start from game 1. No doubt in my mind.

And not because he's some world beater-but because he'd be the best QB in the room the minute he stepped into it. Read into that what you will.

it's not an impressive group we have there.
All your posts are badmouthing Pitt players and program. Screw off. Hornibrook is god awful and cant throw the ball with any zip at all. Your take on him is atrocious. Wisconsin won game sin spite of his awful play.

Hornibrook is not good. Wisconsin fans, ( I know a few), wanted him gone.

All your posts are badmouthing Pitt players and program. Screw off. Hornibrook is god awful and cant throw the ball with any zip at all. Your take on him is atrocious. Wisconsin won game sin spite of his awful play.
Most of my posts are simply responding to people who post stupid and/or uninformed nonsense on this board. Stuff like:

I'm dead serious he wouldn't even be 3rd string if he came here. Not in our young QB room.

Hornibrook is a decidedly mediocre P5 QB. What we presently have is worse than mediocre--or maybe you didn't watch a game last year. Patti hasn't taken a college snap. George Jr. is a piker. Beville will be a true freshman and is unlikely to get on the field for a year or two. Who knows how he will do at this level. Pickett-well, let's just say he hasn't shown himself to be a P5 level player to this point. He wasn't just bad last year--he was god awful.

And you're saying a guy who's 26-6 as a starter playing at a much more successful program wouldn't even have a seat in our QB room.

Hornibrook is not good. Wisconsin fans, ( I know a few), wanted him gone.

Crazy, because many of us on this board stated the same thing while resident PC fanboys praised this QB recruit that he took with him to Wisconsin.

In 20 plus years of major college football he still hasn't recruited a good QB.

So your answer to both questions is “No”. I would not consider Bill Belicheck or Nick Saban good public speakers either. There is no correlation between public speaking and winning football games.

So your answer to both questions is “No”. I would not consider Bill Belicheck or Nick Saban good public speakers either. There is no correlation between public speaking and winning football games.
Both speak circles around Mumbles and secondly, last time I checked, Belichek need not worry about recruiting... does he?

It's just 35 years of persistent bad luck I guess.
It’s 35 years of indifference, dumb decision making and incompetence... hire a good HC for starters. Guys have mountains of evidence as to why Pitt FB has been average or worse for 40 hyears and just ignore it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT