How are these not...

FieldHouse12

Freshman
Oct 11, 2012
The full time unis ?
pitt-panthers-brian-oneill.jpg

DJUABDRXoAQZ01O.jpg:large

Last edited:
Because Nike has not made them yet. Next season they will be full time colors. Apparently Nike is not ‘agile’.

Idk if they can be full time,doesn’t pitt have to apply a year or so in advance of the jerseys they are going to wear

They will be after this season, almost positive will be waiting for them to redo the Pete floor , and gaurnteed you it will be royal blue and yellow court switching the colors full time. Remeber nike started a study last summer with the school in regards to summer. I can gaurntee you a decision has been already made and just not announcing yet. The administration already knows the answer and what's coming. Just have to be patient.

They will be after this season, almost positive will be waiting for them to redo the Pete floor , and gaurnteed you it will be royal blue and yellow court switching the colors full time. Remeber nike started a study last summer with the school in regards to summer. I can gaurntee you a decision has been already made and just not announcing yet. The administration already knows the answer and what's coming. Just have to be patient.

I hope the study tells Pitt more that just this, as we already know these units are better. But knowing Pitt they gave Nike 500k to tell them just that.

I was at the big unveiling at the Pete 2 years ago. I remember them saying that the new unis had a 3-year contract with Nike. There were no throwbacks that night. They were unveiled later. A poster said earlier this past season that we are obligated to wear all the combos through this season. Next year will be the long awaited return. I doubt there will be any official announcement until next year in order to be able to sell off the non "throwback" gear.

I'd like to be able to say it's because those colors are ugly, but even though everyone knows that it won't stop us from eventually wearing them.

I'd like to be able to say it's because those colors are ugly, but even though everyone knows that it won't stop us from eventually wearing them.

I just found out that a co-worker of mine took some kids from his team to one of the football camps a couple weeks ago. They all were allowed to take pictures in the UPMC facility with trophies and there were uniforms there to try on. All the new uniforms were still nicely piled up and everyone was putting on the "throwbacks" for pics. My co-worker is a giant throwback proponent and took the opportunity to chat up one of the staffers who was there about going back full-time. He also suggested that after they make the permanent switch, that they should have a real throwback game or games every year with the "real" colors. The staffer laughed and said that they get that comment often.

Yup

But how can I wear those colors to non Pitt events? People will think I am dorky. Just give me the plain tan and blue. :cool:
You never wear bright colors? Those aren't bad colors to wear anywhere. I'd where them with my new cargo athletic shorts.

Totally agree. I really like Seattle’s bright green, sea blue, and silver.

Not everyone likes the bright colors, especially older fans. Having both as options makes more sense. Plus it makes the throw backs more special when they wear them. The mix now is good. The blue on blue we wore for 42-39 are my favorite. Reminiscent of a blacked out look.

I was in the 5th grade so I missed that game, sweet uni's .
Pitt spanked Ohio State.

Pitt spanked Ohio State.
that '88 team was too talented to be 6-5. that team was the epitome of Gottfried era, great talent, some great wins but way too many head scratching losses. I didn't mind losing to a major harris wvu team the next week but they lost to cuse that year, BC and NC state who I don't think were any good and of course Notre dame..

Pitt spanked Ohio State.
I was there that night, half the place was RED, Primanti's was filled with Buckeye fans after the game, we did spank them, I think it was 42-10.

Reactions: PittCity
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT