ADVERTISEMENT

How many are left?

Houston needed OT to beat 16-loss Texas A&M. They lost to Iowa State by nearly 30 two weeks ago. Duke has one of the most talented rosters in the nation. Hardly a given Houston wins.
Houston did their best to try and choke away the game to Texas A&M. They find ways to lose this time of the year.

Last edited:
Correct. It affected Pitt differently than every other program. They just landed their best class in 2020, then landed Santos who obviously ended up developing and Jamarious Burton.

Losing an AA with 26 mins left not valid for Houston losing by 3.

Going through a pandemic like everyone else, relying on a guy who stole a car and overate, relying on a guy who beat a woman… all valid excuses. I mean cmon what are we even doing here
Good teams lose AA’s whether to foul trouble for 20 minutes, or to injury. Happens all the time. And they find a way. Not sure why the urge to defend Houston. They didn’t get it done and neither did any team in their league. The B12 Massively underachieved…or maybe massively over seeded because they gamed the system so well.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Well, most of the other teams had injuries throughout the year, I guess.:)
Pitt fans have gone from cooky to insufferable over not being in the tournament.

Why do we not see constant whining from Seton Hall fans who beat UConn and Marquette?

Let it go and move on to next year. My god

Reactions: pittjas
Yeah Paul Zeise is one of the people giving Pittsburghers a bad name with his crying during the tournament. It’s insufferable baby shit
So it’s cool for you to cry about Houston losing because a player got hurt, but it’s not okay for Pitt fans to stick up for their team not getting a bid because of a BS media narrative that the ACC wasn’t a good conference.

So it’s cool for you to cry about Houston losing because a player got hurt, but it’s not okay for Pitt fans to stick up for their team not getting a bid because of a BS media narrative that the ACC wasn’t a good conference.
I didn’t cry at all. I made one comment and you went off the deep end equating it to Pitt’s season somehow. Guess why? One of our mental health’s has been affected by this tragedy of being the 3rd team out. I’m fine with it. On to next season

I didn’t cry at all. I made one comment and you went off the deep end equating it to Pitt’s season somehow. Guess why? One of our mental health’s has been affected by this tragedy of being the 3rd team out. I’m fine with it. On to next season
You’re fine with it because it gives you an additional bullet in your passive aggressive anti Capel arsenal. :). Happy Easter.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
You’re fine with it because it gives you an additional bullet in your passive aggressive anti Capel arsenal. :). Happy Easter.
I don’t have the slightest clue of what that means as I have praised Capel multiple times for his best coaching job this season. I’m fine with it because they were in until a weird set of circumstances happened. The opposite of last year. When you’re on the bubble a lot, this stuff evens out. Ask Keatts, Clemson etc. the only team that seems to get consistently left out is Wake lol.

You guys are way too sensitive and the twitter crying 2 weeks after selection Sunday has been embarrassing

Reactions: pittjas
I don’t have the slightest clue of what that means as I have praised Capel multiple times for his best coaching job this season. I’m fine with it because they were in until a weird set of circumstances happened. The opposite of last year. When you’re on the bubble a lot, this stuff evens out. Ask Keatts, Clemson etc. the only team that seems to get consistently left out is Wake lol.

You guys are way too sensitive and the twitter crying 2 weeks after selection Sunday has been embarrassing
Fair enough. Guess I just read the one thread of yours pointing out another Capel missed tourney hours after the selection show and assumed you had an agenda. Glad you don’t.

I’ve done my share of whining about the missed tourney (because of the injustice) but honestly I’ve taken a lot of heat here because I have stated through the years that I think the tourney is a fake barometer of success and unless you’re built to compete for a FF, then who cares if you squeeze in by a game on selection Sunday or miss out by a game on selection Sunday. The season is still the same.

We can point to our loss vs Missouri, or our unfortunate OOC SOS which wasn’t our fault. Other teams have blemishes too. It’s just that our blemishes were used against us while other teams blemishes were ignored because of flawed perceptions about their league or their resume. Pitt was better.

If Pitt had a guy that was never on the roster for this year and beat a woman they would’ve went undefeated? Ok. Pretty similar parallel to an all American getting hurt with 26 mins left and losing by 3 imo.

This tournament and Pitt being left out has wrecked Pitt fans brains

Using the same logic, if Illinois doesn't play a rapist- they probably miss the tournament. I think Pitt is OK with their choices but Illinois is in the B1G which is just a gross collection of people.

Using the same logic, if Illinois doesn't play a rapist- they probably miss the tournament. I think Pitt is OK with their choices but Illinois is in the B1G which is just a gross collection of people.
1) it’s disgusting TSJ played
2) he won an injunction to play

Not really that hard to make. Houston was in control and up 20-12 when the injury happened.

Stop the count, stop the count. I mean the game...

That's not either team being "in control" or any indication of where the game would of gone.

The final score was a one possession game. I think it's fairly reasonable to think Jamal Shead is at least that much of a difference maker.
The tizzy this board went into when I made the obvious observation that it was the difference in the game to defend dear old Duke? (Why they need defending or anyone would as a Pitt fan, I don’t know) to make sure they claim some conference supremacy is very Penn State football esque. Strange behavior from Pitt fans last 15 days.

Then they’ll say no excuses etc etc and post 1000x about a guy who had more criminal charges than minutes played at Pitt with hypotheticals

Reactions: TD_6082
The tizzy this board went into when I made the obvious observation that it was the difference in the game to defend dear old Duke? (Why they need defending or anyone would as a Pitt fan, I don’t know) to make sure they claim some conference supremacy is very Penn State football esque. Strange behavior from Pitt fans last 15 days.

Then they’ll say no excuses etc etc and post 1000x about a guy who had more criminal charges than minutes played at Pitt with hypotheticals

It's crazy. I think getting slighted by the committee, combined with NC State's run has broken a few fans on here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT