ADVERTISEMENT

How should we perform vs Arkansas Pine Bluff?

DC_Area_Panther

Head Coach
Jul 7, 2001
Arkansas Pine Bluff is the Sagarin #344 ranked team--about 10 points weaker than Nichols St. This team is similarly rated to the VMI team of last year that we beat 94-55.

Even if we remain in our recent funk--Sagarin's computer predicts about a 16 point win.

So, If we show up and play a clean low turnover game we should be able to win by over 20.

However, in order to to show signs that we can be a team that can eventually be better than last year's team we need to demonstrate it by a real blowout win.

Lets see what happens.

Reactions: 1 person
My son and I are 0-2 this year in appearances at the Pete. Haven't seen Pitt win yet this year. Hoping to change that tomorrow or a good set of season tickets may be up for sale......

Hopefully they pick up where they left off on Monday Night and come out flying would love to see X with a double double.

I guess we are expecting tons of zone against this team so that will be a bit of a change.

Reactions: sonofabit
I would think/hope Pitt with an easy win.

Would be nice to come out with a strong effort in the first half and put them away early.

I guess we are expecting tons of zone against this team so that will be a bit of a change.

I hope so as we need to work on our zone O. This is a good game to work on it as mistakes can be overcome vs such poor comp.

My son and I are 0-2 this year in appearances at the Pete. Haven't seen Pitt win yet this year. Hoping to change that tomorrow or a good set of season tickets may be up for sale......

Hopefully they pick up where they left off on Monday Night and come out flying would love to see X with a double double.

Math, statistics, the curve of how could this happen three times in one season, are on your side.

Don't buy any lottery tickets until you and your son get a win at the Pete!
Should happen tomorrow.

But I bet a three horse race once and didn't have the place or win horse. Actually it was at Penn National and something happened to the horse ??
Race horses aren't supposed to leave the track laying on a cart with a tarp over it are they?

Arkansas Pine Bluff is the Sagarin #344 ranked team--about 10 points weaker than Nichols St. This team is similarly rated to the VMI team of last year that we beat 94-55.

Even if we remain in our recent funk--Sagarin's computer predicts about a 16 point win.

So, If we show up and play a clean low turnover game we should be able to win by over 20.

However, in order to to show signs that we can be a team that can eventually be better than last year's team we need to demonstrate it by a real blowout win.

Lets see what happens.
Please stop taking sagarin ratings 5-6 games into the season of instructive of anything

They lost to Gonzaga 110 to 60. On the other hand they gave Kansas State a game. Tied at halftime at 27-27 before losing 62 to 51.

Hoping we play them a lot better than Kansas State did. Not expecting to win by 50 like Gonzaga, however.

If we have a game with them similar to what KSU had it will probably mean we are still in our funk.

Hoping not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT