ADVERTISEMENT

Hudson decision coming soon

did he visit WVU? i know he didn't visit Wisconsin.

He found out on July 17th the PSU wasn't an option any longer....so has he visited any team since then?.....if not, I have to imagine he commits to Pitt.

The only reservation I have against him committing to Pitt is.....they're plenty of spots left in Pitt's class, so he doesn't have to rush.....but maybe he wants to just simply get it over with. who knows.....and we shall see.

He found out on July 17th the PSU wasn't an option any longer....so has he visited any team since then?.....if not, I have to imagine he commits to Pitt.

The only reservation I have against him committing to Pitt is.....they're plenty of spots left in Pitt's class, so he doesn't have to rush.....but maybe he wants to just simply get it over with. who knows.....and we shall see.

Wisky would be a weird choice given Chryst lack of defensive prowess.

McKeesport kids don't go to Pitt. Hudson ain't coming here. If he did, I would be totally, totally shocked.

McKeesport kids don't go to Pitt. Hudson ain't coming here. If he did, I would be totally, totally shocked.

ok, i'm ignorant of that fact......but he's visited Pitt several times.

I guess I'm unaware of any other school he's familiar with outside of PSU & Pitt.

Pitt doesn't have plenty of spots. We already have eight commits, with Wheeler and Zach Gilbert possible additions in the near term. I've seen different numbers thrown out, but this class will be in the neighborhood of 15, give or take, so that doesn't leave a lot of room, especially if Pitt has a good year on the field.

That said, I haven't seen any indication from Hudson or anyone allegedly in the know that he has any serious interest in Pitt.

Pitt doesn't have plenty of spots. We already have eight commits, with Wheeler and Zach Gilbert possible additions in the near term. I've seen different numbers thrown out, but this class will be in the neighborhood of 15, give or take, so that doesn't leave a lot of room, especially if Pitt has a good year on the field.

That said, I haven't seen any indication from Hudson or anyone allegedly in the know that he has any serious interest in Pitt.

Wheeler & Gilbert are DL....but that's a good point nonetheless....you guys aren't graduated too many this year, so the class will be small.

i don't know...my money's on Pitt until someone tells me if Hudson visited any other school.....cause, i'm unaware he has.

He is not coming to Pitt. I don't believe he has been at Pitt since basketball season. WVU would be the smartest bet. You guys put too much stock in the Crystal Ball. The most unreliable source around.

His father, supposedly told somebody that I know, that there's no way he's going to Pitt. This person did show me a picture of Hudson on a visit somewhere (cant remember, PSU maybe?) so its somewhat reliable. However, I dont need anybody to tell me that a McKeesport kid isn't going to Pitt. They never have and for some odd reason, probably never will.

Wisky would be a weird choice given Chryst lack of defensive prowess.
Chryst has nothing to do with the D. Dave Aranda coaches it, and it was 4th in the country in total D last year--2 spots ahead of Duzzi's MSU D. Remember Alvarez forced PC to keep Aranda on as DC, when PC wanted to bring House to Wisky with him.

That said, (1) Pitt is in the kid's back yard; (2) Narduzzi is arguably the top defensive coach in college football; (3) Wisky will be on the decline under PC; (4) Pitt will be on the rise under Duzzi with the foundation that PC left; (5) Aranda is in line for his own HC job and could leave Wisky as soon as the end of this season.

So all things considered, I think Pitt would be a better choice for the kid.

Look at the psufan trying to build up the Pitt angle so if he goes to Ped state its supposed to be some type of devastation....pathetic move...but completely transparent as well....

Franklin has not impressed on any level...used car salesman....gonna lose to tOSU by about 40...... can't wait.

Reactions: wendel1
This is the right answer but for whatever reason, players from McKeesport don’t go to PITTsburgh.

Chryst has nothing to do with the D. Dave Aranda coaches it, and it was 4th in the country in total D last year--2 spots ahead of Duzzi's MSU D. Remember Alvarez forced PC to keep Aranda on as DC, when PC wanted to bring House to Wisky with him.

That said, (1) Pitt is in the kid's back yard; (2) Narduzzi is arguably the top defensive coach in college football; (3) Wisky will be on the decline under PC; (4) Pitt will be on the rise under Duzzi with the foundation that PC left; (5) Aranda is in line for his own HC job and could leave Wisky as soon as the end of this season.

PC so far this year is 1-0 against PN in recruiting. Hope it's not 2-0.

If he goes to whiskey that would put

I have to laugh - why would you even assume this? Because he wasn't a world beater at Pitt? You think Alvarez is dumb enough to hire a coach that will put his program on the decline?

I have to laugh - why would you even assume this? Because he wasn't a world beater at Pitt? You think Alvarez is dumb enough to hire a coach that will put his program on the decline?

Alvarez wants to coach Wisky again but is too old to put in all the work so Chryst is the "face of the program" while Barry is the behind-the-scenes boss.

His father, supposedly told somebody that I know, that there's no way he's going to Pitt. This person did show me a picture of Hudson on a visit somewhere (cant remember, PSU maybe?) so its somewhat reliable. However, I dont need anybody to tell me that a McKeesport kid isn't going to Pitt. They never have and for some odd reason, probably never will.
Jason Chavis. But I get your point.

Watch and see, PG.

He'll be alright for a while--but that program will take a step back under PC in a couple of years. He can't carry it. If Aranda sticks around for 4 more years, he may well become the next HC.

Alvarez is a very strong personality who micromanages his program and his HCs. He has created a revolving door and after knocking heads with Bielema and Anderson, he needed a yes man. He got him. But the players don't play for Alvarez, they play for their head coach. It's a job that requires the right blend of charisma and ass-kicker. The players have to have a lot of respect for their head coach or it just doesn't work. The intangibles are a lot more important in a college HC than people realize. I can speak to this from personal experience.

Chryst was learning on the job at Pitt-but he still has an awful lot to learn.

Reactions: rc79

Does anyone ask why? People need to start asking these kids, why they don't want to come to Pitt?

Heard he is headed to WVU... He will announce Saturday on campus in Morgantown.

He is going to WVU. We don't have room for him and Wisc isn't likely. Not really sure about Pitt's chances here, but everything points towards WVU. Sucks because he is an amazing player. Well best of luck to you guys.

What do you people know about him or McKeesport ? I am from there and know the family. And he isn't talking or made a decision. So why all the assumptions ? And FYI before smith returned to McKeesport the prior coach (Ward) had an issue with Pitt and stirred the players away. Smith is not that type of coach so we still have a chance with Hudson. And smith wasn't the reason why they didn't go trust me I know most of the kids and it was the coaching at Pitt. A lot of them didn't recruit the players. And for the record SMF when did your friend talk to his dad ?

Well, don't know him or his family, but he is announcing on Saturday, so it sounds like his decision is made, or close to it.

Everything I have seen is pointing to WVU, fir some reason. I can't see why anyone would want to play for Gibson. Must have looked into his eyes.

What do you people know about him or McKeesport ? I am from there and know the family. And he isn't talking or made a decision. So why all the assumptions ? And FYI before smith returned to McKeesport the prior coach (Ward) had an issue with Pitt and stirred the players away. Smith is not that type of coach so we still have a chance with Hudson. And smith wasn't the reason why they didn't go trust me I know most of the kids and it was the coaching at Pitt. A lot of them didn't recruit the players. And for the record SMF when did your friend talk to his dad ?

During the spring recruiting season. He showed me a picture on his cell of Hudson that Hudson's dad sent him. I think he was wearing an OSU or PSU jersey (I know it wasnt Pitt or WVU) on a visit. I didn't really get into it much, the guy just said that Hudson's dad told him there's no way he was going to Pitt as if he can do better (is the way I took it) but WVU certainly isnt better.

But, like I said, this isnt any shocking news. We arent going to get McKeesport players. I have not, for one second, ever thought this kid was coming to Pitt.

Well, don't know him or his family, but he is announcing on Saturday, so it sounds like his decision is made, or close to it.

Everything I have seen is pointing to WVU, fir some reason. I can't see why anyone would want to play for Gibson. Must have looked into his eyes.

He's a great salesman.

SMH is right. Gibson is a relentless recruiter and a good one. He puts in more hours on the recruiting trail than the vast majority of recruiters.

being a good salesmen is a huge plus in recruiting, even if your not a good X's and O's guy.

I'm late to the game here, but I went to McKeesport and had George Smith as a gym teacher. I didn't play football (basketball for me), but many of the football players also played hoops, and I was good friends with them. They all said Smith loved PSU and WVU and tried to steer as many of his D1-type guys there as possible. One even told me that Smith refused to make a highlight tape (this was the pre-Internet late 80's) for a guy who wanted to go to Pitt. Now admittedly, this is all second-hand info from almost 25 years ago, but that's what I was told. I don't know where Smith's beef with Pitt came from, and I don't know that he still feels the same way, but take that for what it's worth.

Reactions: The Loaded Italian

I would believe this if maybe one elite Mckeesport player picked Pitt. But there has been nada, going back to Brandon Short, Cecil Howard (major bust), etc...

SMH is right. Gibson is a relentless recruiter and a good one. He puts in more hours on the recruiting trail than the vast majority of recruiters.

being a good salesmen is a huge plus in recruiting, even if your not a good X's and O's guy.

It's kind of ironic in the brief year he was at Pitt the message board crew never mentioned this and complained about his lack of X & O acumen.

I could care less about who he picks, I will still love Pitt regardless (I say this because A. I think we will recruit Dbacks VERY well under Narduzzi, so I am not concerned about Hudson who B. I dont think Pitt ever had a chance with in the first place)... but

PittGirl... I have to disagree on the PC comment. I think Alvarez found himself in a position like Pitt had before when we got Coach Chryst (by the way, I really liked Chryst, and have nothing but respect for the guy). We had very public coaching blunders, and we quickly hired the safe choice in a guy we interviewed in the past that was honorable, nice, dude that knew football and knew football well. Was he a dynamic, awesome coach that would make the fan base forget firing Wannstedt and Walt Harris? NOPE... but he was a solid choice of the people we could get at that time.
Wisky had the same issue, they had 2 very public coach quittings... and was on the cusp of a possible downward spiral... and he quickly hired a guy who wont quit in Paul Chryst. Certainly not the best coach Wsconsin could get, and certainly not a guy that can compete in recruiting and will be a vocal leader. But a safe choice, just like he was for us. At the end of the day, he wasnt great for us, didnt suck... he led a respectful program and I enjoyed his offense.
Anyways, Averez... smart man, but he was floundering in water and Chryst was an easy buoy to grab.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT