ADVERTISEMENT

Hyatt and Tshiebwe coming in for visits

steel_curtain

All Conference
Nov 9, 2014
-Oscar already visited once, visiting again in a few weeks. We may, may lead for both of them. Two huge gets this would make with the 2 commits already and Toney liking us a lot. What a start this would be coming out of the gate for Capel. Recruiting is on fire starting off. This would be huge.

Huge if true. Hyatt possibly reclassifying to 18?

Oscar definitely 2019 or does he have a chance to reclassify as well?

Huge if true. Hyatt possibly reclassifying to 18?

Oscar definitely 2019 or does he have a chance to reclassify as well?

I am not expert but I have not read anything about Oscar possibly reclassifying. I think he is 2019 for sure. He is a beast though. Would be a huge get for 2019.

As I have said before on here, I know a lady who works for KC and is very close to the players, and she has never mentioned Oscar or Maceo reclassifying. Actually, she just said the other day that they are looking forward to next year to compete in 6A.

lets be very optimistic here and just say we get Hyatt to come here and re-classify (Huge leap I know) and we get Never nervous Pervis Jr to stay, are you guys comfortable with that roster or do we still need some post player grad transfer?

Where did you see Hyatt is visiting?
In an interview last week on PSN, Hyatt said he was coming back to New York for the summer in June and planned to set up a visit to Pitt when he was back up north.

Not sure if that’s great news re: the timing for a 2018 reclassification unless something more recent has come up, but there does appear to be legit interest.

As I have said before on here, I know a lady who works for KC and is very close to the players, and she has never mentioned Oscar or Maceo reclassifying. Actually, she just said the other day that they are looking forward to next year to compete in 6A.

Is Austin actually from the Sharon area or was he brought in as a ringer?

lets be very optimistic here and just say we get Hyatt to come here and re-classify (Huge leap I know) and we get Never nervous Pervis Jr to stay, are you guys comfortable with that roster or do we still need some post player grad transfer?

IMHO, we still need at least one recruit (grad transfer?) who is a strong defensive rebounder if we want to see a 2018-2019 team that we can be certain will achieve a double digit win total and perhaps even get close to finishing with a 0.500 W-L record. Achieving those goals for 2018-2019 is important for--

1. Putting and keeping fannies in seats at the Pete both for revenue and for TV viewer perception.
2. Showing progress to future recruits that makes them believe that they will be able to play on a winning team.
3. Keeping Capel's "new coach recruiting honeymoon" window open with recruits for the 2020 class and beyond.

So, again, I want to see at least one strong defensive rebounding player added who can play immediately. It can be a grad transfer, JUCO or even a Freshman if such a player can be found. A JUCO is probably the least least desirable since a JUCO would leave one less ship available for the class of 2019. However, if a JUCO good enough to be a two year starter could be found, the loss of a 2019 ship wouldn't be as important.

All this being said, we have heard nothing about possible grad transfers or JUCO bigs being pursued by Capel so maybe it is only wishful thinking to hope for one and he is confidanr he can have a decently improved W-L record without an immediate addition of a big rebounder.

IMHO, we still need at least one recruit (grad transfer?) who is a strong defensive rebounder if we want to see a 2018-2019 team that we can be certain will achieve a double digit win total and perhaps even get close to finishing with a 0.500 W-L record. Achieving those goals for 2018-2019 is important for--

1. Putting and keeping fannies in seats at the Pete both for revenue and for TV viewer perception.
2. Showing progress to future recruits that makes them believe that they will be able to play on a winning team.
3. Keeping Capel's "new coach recruiting honeymoon" window open with recruits for the 2020 class and beyond.

So, again, I want to see at least one strong defensive rebounding player added who can play immediately. It can be a grad transfer, JUCO or even a Freshman if such a player can be found. A JUCO is probably the least least desirable since a JUCO would leave one less ship available for the class of 2019. However, if a JUCO good enough to be a two year starter could be found, the loss of a 2019 ship wouldn't be as important.

All this being said, we have heard nothing about possible grad transfers or JUCO bigs being pursued by Capel so maybe it is only wishful thinking to hope for one and he is confidanr he can have a decently improved W-L record without an immediate addition of a big rebounder.
yes, I was thinking the same. someone like the dude from shaler that just left. oh well.

Not even a question. Brown will get better, but better doesn't necessarily mean good. He's a long way from being good.

And you're not going to hear anything, but that doesn't mean it's not happening behind the scenes.

I posted elsewhere that the staff thought they had Trey Porter from Old Dominion ... Until they didn't. Lost him to Nevada. They're still working. Will they get what they, and we, want? Dont know. Much harder to sell hope and a #ZooEra to 1-year grad transfers (and even JUCOs, until some '19 recruits are signed).

Last edited:
Reactions: cabe23
Is Austin actually from the Sharon area or was he brought in as a ringer?
The Austin family is from Sharon. In fact, the new Defensive Coordinator for the Cincinnati Bengals, Teryl Austin, was a 4 year Letterman and 3 year starting DB at PITT from 1984-1987. Here is his bio: Teryl Austin

I'd like to see another Big - whether JUCO or Grad Transfer.

I'd like to see another Big - whether JUCO or Grad Transfer.
I would like to see JC land one of these forwards this year then either shut it down or bring in some grad transfers. I think Capel would want to have at least 4 ships for next year.

-Oscar already visited once, visiting again in a few weeks. We may, may lead for both of them. Two huge gets this would make with the 2 commits already and Toney liking us a lot. What a start this would be coming out of the gate for Capel. Recruiting is on fire starting off. This would be huge.
STEEL you just made Bobby Huggins cry!He's spent 2 years courting Tshiebwe and Capel just swooped him away.It's a sad day in Morgantown!

STEEL you just made Bobby Huggins cry!He's spent 2 years courting Tshiebwe and Capel just swooped him away.It's a sad day in Morgantown!

Did you forget to use the sarcastic font? I don't know that JC has "swooped" anybody away from Huggins just yet.

I would like to see JC land one of these forwards this year then either shut it down or bring in some grad transfers. I think Capel would want to have at least 4 ships for next year.
The beauty of grad transfers is that you can do both: bring in GTs who are immediately eligible and seasoned enough to play and contribute (the level depends on the players), and still have the scholarships available for 2019.

We need a ton of help on the front line. Not only rebounding help, but scoring help too. Illogomeh and Kene (who may not come back) aren't scorers, and neither is Brown for that matter. If we don't improve our front line, we will really struggle this coming season, no matter how good the young guards are.
Even if Kene comes back, that's only three players, and not very good players, to man the 4 and 5. We need multiple grad transfers who are bigs for 2018-19.

Reactions: Teh Teh
Did you forget to use the sarcastic font? I don't know that JC has "swooped" anybody away from Huggins just yet.
PARADE seriously Huggy spent a lot of time on Tshiebwe but hasn't got him to commit.I personally don't think he's a lock to Wvu at this time.Capel has a lot to offer right now at Pitt so he has a chance.I bet Huggs will drink a few the day Tshiebwe signs,whether it's with Wvu or someone else!

Pot calling the kettle black.
Big difference--SMF doesn't post falsehoods as facts. He just posts crazy, often bizarre, far-reaching hypotheticals and offers speculative, often bizarre, long-shot scenarios for purposes of generating discussion. But he always makes it clear that it's all just his own raw speculation.

The other guy is a flat out liar, among his other undesirable qualities.

The beauty of grad transfers is that you can do both: bring in GTs who are immediately eligible and seasoned enough to play and contribute (the level depends on the players), and still have the scholarships available for 2019.

We need a ton of help on the front line. Not only rebounding help, but scoring help too. Illogomeh and Kene (who may not come back) aren't scorers, and neither is Brown for that matter. If we don't improve our front line, we will really struggle this coming season, no matter how good the young guards are.
Even if Kene comes back, that's only three players, and not very good players, to man the 4 and 5. We need multiple grad transfers who are bigs for 2018-19.
As has been previously mentioned, decent grad transfers are going to be hard for Capel to get, because most of them are looking to move to better programs--ones with postseason aspirations. They aren't looking to spend one year at a rebuild job. The possible exceptions are the benchwarmers, and those types of players won't help Pitt in the short term at all.

If Capel does bring in any legitimate players as grad transfers, it will be relationship-based as opposed to program-based, and quite an accomplishment to boot.

Big difference--SMF doesn't post falsehoods as facts. He just posts crazy, often bizarre, far-reaching hypotheticals and offers speculative, often bizarre, long-shot scenarios for purposes of generating discussion. But he always makes it clear that it's all just his own raw speculation.

The other guy is a flat out liar, among his other undesirable qualities.
Yeah, I guess you are right on that one. SMF can be a flake but he is our flake.

Reactions: Swervin27
What a great first, double, SEND IT IN SIGNAL that would be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT