ADVERTISEMENT

I hate to sound like the idea man (SMF) but I have a solution.

ChiefJusticeMarshall

Freshman
Gold Member
Jun 14, 2020
And it is not farfetched as an idea and the guy now works in Pittsburgh.

This offseason, hire Steelers Offensive Coordinator Art Smith. He already was an NFL Head Coach and whether he is the greatest head coach or not, he has a very singular unique quality. He is the son of Fred Smith. Fed Ex scion worth over $6 billion. Fred Smith is a Yale grad and US military so while they have had some connections with Memphis hoops, if his son was coach of Pitt, you would think that they could make a substantial NIL war chest happen.

I am not joking here. Seriously. Why the bleep not???

This offseason, hire Steelers Offensive Coordinator Art Smith. He already was an NFL Head Coach and whether he is the greatest head coach or not, he has a very singular unique quality. He is the son of Fred Smith. Fed Ex scion worth over $6 billion. Fred Smith is a Yale grad and US military so while they have had some connections with Memphis hoops, if his son was coach of Pitt, you would think that they could make a substantial NIL war chest happen.

I'd like to see some non-blue blood program do something like this. What do these guys need to spend their money on? I want some Troy billionaire to buy all the best players and win a Natty. The SEC would lose their shit and call for changes immediately? Why cant this happen? The Koch brothers like Wichita State hoops. Why cant they buy an elite roster for $10 million/year? That is like $50 for us.

I'd like to see some non-blue blood program do something like this. What do these guys need to spend their money on? I want some Troy billionaire to buy all the best players and win a Natty. The SEC would lose their shit and call for changes immediately? Why cant this happen? The Koch brothers like Wichita State hoops. Why cant they buy an elite roster for $10 million/year? That is like $50 for us.
Me too. When the Pirates paid Josh Bell way way over "slot" value when there wasn't a slot, that is when the Yankees, Dodgers and Red Sox reacted and they instituted the slot system that now currently exists in MLB. Rich people don't like to be beaten at their own game. A group of Stanford alum could theoretically ban together and likely go after every All American on every college roster and pay them $5-10 million a piece and trust me, that would bring about "guiderails" to this whole fiasco of a system.

I think the easiest route is to pay NIL money to game and replay officials.
There is offensive holding on every play.
How much would it cost to get them to call it on the other teams' scoring plays?
The Supreme Court would uphold the rights of the officials to earn NIL money. The solution is simple.

• Haha
Reactions: pittbb80
Me too. When the Pirates paid Josh Bell way way over "slot" value when there wasn't a slot, that is when the Yankees, Dodgers and Red Sox reacted and they instituted the slot system that now currently exists in MLB. Rich people don't like to be beaten at their own game. A group of Stanford alum could theoretically ban together and likely go after every All American on every college roster and pay them $5-10 million a piece and trust me, that would bring about "guiderails" to this whole fiasco of a system.

Stanford alums dont like football though. There has to be some billionaire or close to it who went to a G5 school. I want Louisiana-Monroe to be pulling in 5 star after 5 star.

Hire him for what

Let's just all agree to suck for the next four years. We'll go cheap and have a MAC-level team while we save our nickels. But then, in year five... BAM. We buy Georgia's entire starting 22.

Actually, we might have to go cheap for about 19 years and agree to do that in year 20.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT