ADVERTISEMENT

I say give Pat 2 more years....

Hailpitt

Junior
Jul 5, 2001
then fire him. He will not turn this around. Pat is a so-called defensive guru who has shown no capacity to adjust schemes or improve defensive play. Pitt can't afford to do an early payout. Rinse, wash repeat. I don't think our lady diversity AD will do any better than Peterson in picking Pat's replacement.

Reactions: PittPoker
Look at the past recruits in the secondary not much there Duzz players are young takes time.

We can't fire him. Can't start over again. He needs to rebuild his staff that can recruit much better and get players that can actually make his scheme work.

And the fact that Pitt was going to spend over a million to keep Canada says, PN has some resources to upgrade his staff. The only guy that should be safe is Powell.

Reactions: TD_istheman
We can't fire him. Can't start over again. He needs to rebuild his staff that can recruit much better and get players that can actually make his scheme work.

And the fact that Pitt was going to spend over a million to keep Canada says, PN has some resources to upgrade his staff. The only guy that should be safe is Powell.

What proof do you have starting over would be worse ? We were going to crappy bowls last so many years with rent a coaches. It's a deeper issue.

What proof do you have starting over would be worse ? We were going to crappy bowls last so many years with rent a coaches. It's a deeper issue.

It actually two issues.....both deep....you are correct......

It's the results on the field and the commitment from the cathedral.

Both connected....with both floundering for decades......

It has NOTHING to do with switching coaches, window dressing buddy
Administration and support have been very poor. Which makes our hiring and retaining coaches very difficult. There's a strong correlation. How will starting over again right now, change all those things?

Reactions: DiehardPanther
That's what we've been doing for 35 years. How has that worked out for us so far?
Yeah unless they are willing to change the way they are hiring coaches then there is no use, your just further self sanctioning by losing a complete class.
If there is a commitment to go out and hire the best candidate they can possibly get then maybe after next season PN should be gone(assuming a 3 to 5 win season they obviously shouldn't fire him for going 7-5 next year) But that means paying for a guy like VT did for their HC. Hot commodity coaches from the lower levels are going to be in the 3.5 million range per year.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
When you hire someone with no HC experience, you're going to get this kind of garbage. Pitt is stuck. We are not in a position to hire decent resume's. Our best bet is to give Narduzzi 5-6 years to build something and hope that he does or that even if he doesn't, our patience will impress the coaching community enough that someone will want to give us a chance. Right now, this entire program is cancerous. This is where coaches go to die.

When you hire someone with no HC experience, you're going to get this kind of garbage. Pitt is stuck. We are not in a position to hire decent resume's. Our best bet is to give Narduzzi 5-6 years to build something and hope that he does or that even if he doesn't, our patience will impress the coaching community enough that someone will want to give us a chance. Right now, this entire program is cancerous. This is where coaches go to die.

Agree for the most part.

We have to get away from this coaching change after coaching change cycle we are in.

Narduzzi has won 16 games in his first two years. That is not bad. He isn't the next Nick Saban obviously but he doesn't have this program in shambles either.

While the start of this season is clearly disappointing and there is definitely cause for concern due to the young guys not taking enough steps forward, I actually expected a step back this season.

Look at the talent we lost especially on Offense. We lost an NFL QB, NFL RB, best 2 OLineman, TE's, etc... And also the OC. This offense lost a ton of talent.

And the defense not only lost talent due to graduation, they lost players due to injury/suspension/dismissal.

Now, I am not absolving Narduzzi and staff at all because by now some of these young guys should be showing more promise that they will develop.

My only point really was that I was expecting this season to be a step back. Maybe not to this level but I was only expecting 7 wins this year.

then fire him. He will not turn this around. Pat is a so-called defensive guru who has shown no capacity to adjust schemes or improve defensive play. Pitt can't afford to do an early payout. Rinse, wash repeat. I don't think our lady diversity AD will do any better than Peterson in picking Pat's replacement.[/QUOTEright, let's juts keep firing head coaches every 4 or
then fire him. He will not turn this around. Pat is a so-called defensive guru who has shown no capacity to adjust schemes or improve defensive play. Pitt can't afford to do an early payout. Rinse, wash repeat. I don't think our lady diversity AD will do any better than Peterson in picking Pat's replacement.
right, let just keep firing head coaches every 4 or 5 years, that will bring stability to the football program. The school should up his contract

Last edited:
Duzz better pick up recruiting period

they were 29th his first year and 38th last year, not great but certainly not bad, on paper better than they recruited under PC. Agree the players from that 29 class(can really add in a 5 star in clark who has 3 years left) havent shown much . Those guys should be showing some signs at this point, especially at WR and RB as guys who are typically going to be really good at those positions are showing up in their 2nd year. I won't even evaluate the FR class as they have only been on campus a couple months!

Reactions: DiehardPanther
So fire the guy who won 8 games his first two years because he is struggling in a rebuilding year? Last I checked we are not Alabama and back to back 8 win years is progress. What coach would come to Pitt if we fired Narduzzi?

The sad thing is some of you are serious...

Give Pat 2 more years?

Eff that. Bring back Bill Fralic. Bostick is a yes man....

Im tired of this 'toe the company line BS".

So fire the guy who won 8 games his first two years because he is struggling in a rebuilding year? Last I checked we are not Alabama and back to back 8 win years is progress. What coach would come to Pitt if we fired Narduzzi?

The sad thing is some of you are serious...

No question. Agree.

they were 29th his first year and 38th last year, not great but certainly not bad, on paper better than they recruited under PC. Agree the players from that 29 class(can really add in a 5 star in clark who has 3 years left) havent shown much . Those guys should be showing some signs at this point, especially at WR and RB as guys who are typically going to be really good at those positions are showing up in their 2nd year. I won't even evaluate the FR class as they have only been on campus a couple months!

Agree with the post. I think that that 29 class could show more but the offense acting like it has to "protect" these young players when instead it needs to expose the talent they have and live with "young mistakes"

It has NOTHING to do with switching coaches, window dressing buddy
Every time you start over you lose most of the recruiting class that was incoming when the coach was let go. Then the next two classes you get are very young so that in year three when the decent upper classmen you had when you came in graduate your back to using red shirt freshman and sophomores with little to no collegiate experience. So you get canned after 2 1/2 years and the cycle starts again. Narduzzi going to resurrect Pitt? Who knows, probably not, but he needs four full recruiting classes. If not then we can look elsewhere, and start over yet again..

Reactions: Jeffburgh
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT