ADVERTISEMENT

I Want to Declare:

I’m in minority but I’d love to see a consistently dominant Miami again. Coastal needs all the help it can get perception wise.

Reactions: Parkview57
Is it really a minority, if he's the only one?
I just hate parity. I don’t want everyone in coastal ok. I like a great team or two, a really bad team or two and a couple decent teams.

It annoys me that everyone in coastal has one a title. Waters it down imo. Coastal needs an annual top 10 program.

The fact that every team has one it once and only once sucks. Uva excluded

I just hate parity. I don’t want everyone in coastal ok. I like a great team or two, a really bad team or two and a couple decent teams.

It annoys me that everyone in coastal has one a title. Waters it down imo. Coastal needs an annual top 10 program.

You are entitled to your opinion.

Jacobs esq

I’m in minority but I’d love to see a consistently dominant Miami again. Coastal needs all the help it can get perception wise.

College football is better when the big names are dominant. I hope Pitt can get up there as a firm contender as a perennial 9-win team with 10+ in good years and 8 in down years.

I understand your thought process, but I prefer schools like Miami, who have everything going for them, to struggle a little (read, a whole lot) like the rest of us do.

They have an administration who looks the other way; boosters who pump money on, over, around, and under the table; weather; recruiting base; location; girls; literally, everything going for them.

So, I've enjoyed their struggles in the ACC.

Last edited:

Although I root (sometimes grudgingly) for all ACC teams vs. other conferences, I can't get behind another team in our division being "dominant" if it isn't PITT.

Perception does nothing for us, just as it doesn't help any other team in the Atlantic because of Clemson.

I'll pass on Miami being dominant again. It's not like we're the old Big East trying to maintain our perception so we won't lose our BCS tie-in. I'm watching these two teams play tonight and thinking that Pitt could never compete with these types of teams when they're firing on all cylinders; they have guys who can absolutely fly. I'll take all the missed tackles and poor QB play from these guys I can get. It would get old real fast if Miami became Clemson.

I understand your though process, but I prefer schools like Miami, who have everything going for them, to struggle a little (read, a whole lot) like the rest of us do.

They have an administration who looks the other way; boosters who pump money on, over, around, and under the table; weather; recruiting base; location; girls; literally, everything going for them.

So, I've enjoyed their struggles in the ACC.
See Nevin Shapiro. I wonder if he is still in prison.

Reactions: HOF Coach
That interception should have set Miami up to win this thing. Instead, three penalties in about a minute for a total of 35 yards. 14 for 118 total. Same old Miami. Although I do think it's gotten to a point where the prophecy is self-fulfilling, and the officials just love to call personal fouls/unsportsmen-like conduct on these guys.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
As a true freshman, Kenny Pickett played a better first start against undefeated # 2 Miami, then Miami's red shirt freshman QB played tonight, in his first start.

Reactions: WeaverIsComing
As a true freshman, Kenny Pickett played a better first start against undefeated # 2 Miami, then Miami's red shirt freshman QB played tonight, in his first start.

In fairness, he was absolutely running for his life all night. That true freshman left tackle really received a baptism by fire. I thought his pocket awareness was a little lacking at times, but I think you have to temper expectations when a guy is just getting teed off on like that.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
That interception should have set Miami up to win this thing. Instead, three penalties in about a minute for a total of 35 yards. 14 for 118 total. Same old Miami. Although I do think it's gotten to a point where the prophecy is self-fulfilling, and the officials just love to call personal fouls/unsportsmen-like conduct on these guys.

He should have scored on that INT. They almost stole that game with as atrocious as their OL was. They have athletes but some obvious flaws.

In fairness, he was absolutely running for his life all night. That true freshman left tackle really received a baptism by fire. I thought his pocket awareness was a little lacking at times, but I think you have to temper expectations when a guy is just getting teed off on like that.
Florida had almost 10 sacks. I hope that QB has a will. He might end up like Tino.

Pitt can beat Miami.

I have never seen a game show like them. The coaches seem to have no control of the sideline, heck they add to the disorder by handing out toys!

There is zero chance that team returns to the top ten allowing the behavior that they promote.

IMHO, take away 1st game of season lack of full readiness (you should never play anyone except a cupcake in game #1), and Miami is very very fast and talented.

As of this moment I expect they will make our October homecoming game against them a very unhappy one for us--potentially a blowout loss.

Reactions: docden
That was one of the sloppiest football games I've ever watched. Neither team deserved to win.

Miami is not good. I don't care how many athletes they have. Their QB stinks, they can't tackle, and play like an undisciplined mob.

Florida tried to hand them the game multiple times and Miami still lost. That's a 4 loss Florida team that should enjoy their preseason gift of a top 10 ranking.

IMHO, take away 1st game of season lack of full readiness (you should never play anyone except a cupcake in game #1), and Miami is very very fast and talented.

As of this moment I expect they will make our October homecoming game against them a very unhappy one for us--potentially a blowout loss.

Miami is always fast and talented. It's a given.

Their problem is that they haven't had a coach who can get them to play team football for the last decade and a half. First impressions lead me to believe that trend will continue with their current head coach.

Tate Martell must be pretty bad.

Was thinking the same as I watched the game. Looks like they are trying to keep Martell "engaged" by using him as a gadget player. But they certainly didn't trust him to throw the ball.

Still TBD what will ensue at QB for the 'Canes. Likely they want Williams to continue to be the guy so they have something in place longer term. If that's the case and the decision appears final, will Martell and Perry stick around or enter the Portal?

Miami has a horrible offense line, the D line was getting off the snap faster than the O line and Florida clearly out muscled them. This is a team with no disciple, which is more focused on bling jewelry than getting on and off the field on time. Miami does have lots of talent and if they get their act together will be a threat to win the Costal. The QB will be very good by the time we play them, providing they fix their abysmal play calling. With a solid tight end, running back and receivers this QB would have looked real good if coaching would have adapted. The killer for Miami was their lack of game management, penalties, clock management, otherwise a total lack of discipline and preparedness. This one for me is on the coaches, which will improve, but offensive line will remain a disaster to exploit.

Man, you guys are being hard on Miami. That true freshman left tackle making his first start against what I imagine was a front seven with multiple high-round draft picks was a tall order, but I thought they put together a pretty good showing - certainly one that leads me to believe they could very well be the team to beat in the Coastal, where they'll not face defense like that.

That QB threw for more yards in his first start ever - agaisnt the #8 team in the country (not saying they'll finish there, but they are certainly crawling with talent) while running for his life most of the night - than Kenny Pickett has thrown for in all but one game in his career.

I'm not claiming that they wont succumb to "Miaming" or anything like that, but, as per usual, I think it's safe to say that they'll probably be the most talented team in the division by a fair margin.

Reactions: docden and Pitt5593
I thought outside of some shoddy tackling Florida looked pretty damn good on defense considering all the suspensions they were dealing with. Their problem is that Felipe Franks is still the best option at QB, he’s not very good and likely never will be.

I thought outside of some shoddy tackling Florida looked pretty damn good on defense considering all the suspensions they were dealing with. Their problem is that Felipe Franks is still the best option at QB, he’s not very good and likely never will be.

A lack of offense has seemed to be their problem just about every year since Tebow and Percy Harvin left. I actually find it hard to fathom how when the blue bloods - Florida, Michigan, Miami, etc. - struggle, it seems to almost always be attributable to the offense. That should be the easy thing to put together in college football, which is built to host weekly track meets. I think some of these teams need to quit outthinking themselves and look to teams like Memphis, UCF, the Big 12, etc. who seem to light it up just about every year.

A lack of offense has seemed to be their problem just about every year since Tebow and Percy Harvin left. I actually find it hard to fathom how when the blue bloods - Florida, Michigan, Miami, etc. - struggle, it seems to almost always be attributable to the offense. That should be the easy thing to put together in college football, which is built to host weekly track meets. I think some of these teams need to quit outthinking themselves and look to teams like Memphis, UCF, the Big 12, etc. who seem to light it up just about every year.

Most comical scene was when they showed Steve Superior (;)) on TV shaking his head after the UF ill advised pass and int late in the game. A classic o_O moment! :D

Their o line struggled, but we get them at the end of October where they have half a season to get better. Their qb was not bad at all. He will only get better. Their slot guys and RBS were fast in open space. I dont see a pitt blowout but they definitely have playmakers that will give our defense fits.

Reactions: docden
Miami has a horrible offense line, the D line was getting off the snap faster than the O line and Florida clearly out muscled them. This is a team with no disciple, which is more focused on bling jewelry than getting on and off the field on time. Miami does have lots of talent and if they get their act together will be a threat to win the Costal. The QB will be very good by the time we play them, providing they fix their abysmal play calling. With a solid tight end, running back and receivers this QB would have looked real good if coaching would have adapted. The killer for Miami was their lack of game management, penalties, clock management, otherwise a total lack of discipline and preparedness. This one for me is on the coaches, which will improve, but offensive line will remain a disaster to exploit.

Miami OL is young (two freshmen at the tackles) it should get a lot better as the season goes on.

Florida had almost 10 sacks. I hope that QB has a will. He might end up like Tino.
At least half of those were on him. Dumb ass held the ball way too long with pressure all over him, over and over and over.

Not excusing Miami’s OL play, they were atrocious. But when their QB had time, he still held the ball way too long. You’d think after the first 3-4 sacks he would have learned his lesson.

Florida’s D looked very impressive.

The 4th quarter of that game was a clear indictment of Diaz as a head coach. It was a total clown show and it was obvious that he he had no control over his team and what was going on out there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT