ADVERTISEMENT

If Mark Madden were to ask Kenny Pickett to come over to his house for a barbecue...

Well if over the top personal attacks with little if any actual substance is your thing then yeah, I can see being a huge mark Madden fan.
I also like the reactions from offended people, reading the comments. And when attacking Rooney, Tomlin and Kenny right now, I believe there is a mountain of substance saying they fully deserve huge criticism.

79 probably doesn't even listen, doesn't live in the burgh.
I don't listen, but I follow Madden on Facebook, X, Instagram and Triblive so I read all his articles, and yeah, I know 75% of his social media posts are to offend and rile up what I would call "Dedicated Yinzers" who literally worship anything or anyone from Pittsburgh and think the Rooney family are gods, yes, there's a lot of people like that. I could go on there and say I'd buy Hunts ketchup if it was cheaper, and I'll get attacked as if I threatened to kill their children :)

Madden is a one trick pony.......hype the negative in all situations and at all times, trying to stir up controversy and social media hits/likes....his act was played out long ago

I also like the reactions from offended people, reading the comments. And when attacking Rooney, Tomlin and Kenny right now, I believe there is a mountain of substance saying they fully deserve huge criticism.
Offended people is his whole audience. If he doesn’t offend, there isn’t anyone left.

Madden is a one trick pony.......hype the negative in all situations and at all times, trying to stir up controversy and social media hits/likes....his act was played out long ago
The negatives need to be shouted from the mountain tops, too many people are so stupid that they think Rooney is a good owner and Tomlin is a great coach, somebody needs to say it, it's disgusting how many people think so highly of these two idiots who haven't accomplished anything of substance in 14 years leading a team that gets consistently worse every year.

I absolutely love him specifically because he does that, because I'm already thinking all that stuff before he even says it. A lot of the columns he writes, I feel like I wrote it myself, because I hold all the same opinions, especially about people like Tomlin or Rooney and especially about how they run things.

If you find yourself agreeing with Madden all the time you really ought to completely rethink everything you know about sports. Because a, other than hockey Madden doesn't actually know much about sports. And b, he doesn't actually believe most of what he says, he simply says whatever he thinks will rile up the most people and get the biggest response.

In his favorite sport (professional wrestling) you'd be what's known as a mark.

...my guess is that Kenny would (respectfully) decline.
Just a hunch...
Why are so many people hung up on Madden? Seriously. He really knows how to push peoples button and people still listen. Turn off the noise. When was the last time he went to a game, practice or training camp? If you really want to listen to a good podcast tune into Chris Carter and tune out Madden

Seems like they didnt want to call that foul on the Leggett drive. UF is playing old Big East defense

I absolutely love him specifically because he does that, because I'm already thinking all that stuff before he even says it. A lot of the columns he writes, I feel like I wrote it myself, because I hold all the same opinions, especially about people like Tomlin or Rooney and especially about how they run things.
So because you think like him he's right and all these others posters who have a different opinion of him and his takes are wrong?
Confused David Icke GIF by Squirrel Monkey

And Ben wasn’t Beloved
He was a notorious ass for decades
I love Ben just the way he was, my 2nd favorite Steeler behind Mean Joe, I don't care that he was targeted by slimy gold diggers. He made Tomlin's weak ass, gutless philosophy strong.

If you find yourself agreeing with Madden all the time you really ought to completely rethink everything you know about sports. Because a, other than hockey Madden doesn't actually know much about sports. And b, he doesn't actually believe most of what he says, he simply says whatever he thinks will rile up the most people and get the biggest response.

In his favorite sport (professional wrestling) you'd be what's known as a mark.
I never said I agree with him 100% all the time, but I do strongly agree with his opinions about Rooney and Tomlin and as time goes by Kenny is confirming his opinions about him more and more.

Why are so many people hung up on Madden? Seriously. He really knows how to push peoples button and people still listen. Turn off the noise. When was the last time he went to a game, practice or training camp? If you really want to listen to a good podcast tune into Chris Carter and tune out Madden
there are like 5 sports media members in this city that anyone actually knows, and he's one of them. people are hung up on him because he's pretty much 20% of the people that sports fans in this city can name of the top of their head.

I love Ben just the way he was, my 2nd favorite Steeler behind Mean Joe, I don't care that he was targeted by slimy gold diggers. He made Tomlin's weak ass, gutless philosophy strong.
i think Madden isnt alone with this criticism of Rooney and Especially Tomlin. Poni and Mueller say very similar things although in a more professional way..

The Tomin love comes mostly from the national sports media moreso than the local guys. I'd bet more than 1/2 of local guys believe it's time to move on from Tomlin more than think he's a great coach..

I suppose you don't like articles that say exactly what you believe ever.
Of course I like them sir, I'm just not narrow minded enough to think others can't disagree in a very rational and equally logical opinionated way. Mass quote responding everyone who has a different view of this dude is a bit obsessive and exhibits all or nothing thinking. In fact I just read an article by Madden the other day that I liked. It was funny and was about him being the only local media member that wasn't blocked on social media. Sometimes he can be refreshing and creative and other times he can he a prick that hurls personal attacks at popular sports figures to stake his claim as antagonist #1 in this city. Usually he isn't my cup of tea but he wouldn't have a job if at least some didn't like and agree with his takes.

Last edited:
MM in trib today. Describing the Fans DorinnDickerson”
“ A former pro football player who got cut so many times its a wonder he hasn’t bledto death”

MM in trib today. Describing the Fans DorinnDickerson”
“ A former pro football player who got cut so many times its a wonder he hasn’t bledto death”
Is it true? He didn't have much of a pro career? So it's probably accurate, and it's fun because you get to watch a lot of Pitt people get outraged, I don't I'm a hard-core Pitt person, but if a Pitt guy sucks in the pros, like Kenny does so far, I say it instead of making excuses for him.

I wonder how many times Madden was cut from an NFL team?
You're post here is the lamest response, nothing dumber then when someone rips a coach like Tomlin for example, to say something lame like, "what NFL teams have you ever coached" because if you have to be able to do yourself whatever the person your criticizing can do then there can be almost no criticism of anyone or anything ever, by 99% of the people.

You're post here is the lamest response, nothing dumber then when someone rips a coach like Tomlin for example, to say something lame like, "what NFL teams have you ever coached" because if you have to be able to do yourself whatever the person your criticizing can do then there can be almost no criticism of anyone or anything ever, by 99% of the people.

That isn't what I am saying at all, but it's no surprise that the point went so far over your head you probably couldn't see it with a telescope.

Reactions: eastcoasthoops
That isn't what I am saying at all, but it's no surprise that the point went so far over your head you probably couldn't see it with a telescope.
That is exactly what you're saying, you're so stupid though, that you don't realize it, you're asking "how many NFL teams has he been cut from" as if it's a prerequisite for him being able to criticize Dickerson for being cut from NFL teams.

Reactions: BreakingPitt
That is exactly what you're saying, you're so stupid though, that you don't realize it, you're asking "how many NFL teams has he been cut from" as if it's a prerequisite for him being able to criticize Dickerson for being cut from NFL teams.

No dumbass, what I am saying is that MADDEN is bring Dickerson's lack of an NFL career into the discussion as if it has some importance as to how he does his job when HE has no such credentials in any event.

If you think that whether someone played in the NFL doesn't matter then why do you have no problem with MADDEN bringing that into the discussion, but you have an issue with me pointing out the hypocrisy of him doing it?

No dumbass, what I am saying is that MADDEN is bring Dickerson's lack of an NFL career into the discussion as if it has some importance as to how he does his job when HE has no such credentials in any event.

If you think that whether someone played in the NFL doesn't matter then why do you have no problem with MADDEN bringing that into the discussion, but you have an issue with me pointing out the hypocrisy of him doing it?
Because Jorts79 is the same kind of loudmouth know nothing moron that makes up Madden’s core audience

• Haha
Reactions: pittbb80 and Pitt79
Because Jorts79 is the same kind of loudmouth know nothing moron that makes up Madden’s core audience
And you are the safe voice of reason whose specialty is the benefit of the doubt. and what exactly is the problem with jean shorts?

He’s not playing.
I said this before on here. My brother in law played intramural hockey at Duquesne in the early 80s. He said he could not name 1 person on other teams except 1. Mark Madden, because he was the biggest A** there was. He said it is not a shtick, but who he really is.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT