ADVERTISEMENT

If Pitt loses Saturday

Panther_in_Kentucky

Sophomore
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2001
Lyke needs to fire Narduzzi after the game and appoint Whipple or Partridge as Head Coach and give them 3 years to see progress.

Lyke needs to fire Narduzzi after the game and appoint Whipple or Partridge as Head Coach and give them 3 years to see progress.

Wow. I mean... WOW. What a nice thought before bedtime.

And what happens if the sun doesn't come up?

Narduzzi has the 4th best ACC Conference record since he became HC at Pitt.

Perhaps, if he loses, AD Lyke can have him shot in the back of the head atop the Cathedral of Learning and dumped 44 stories.

Reactions: Vetch
"One bourbon, one scotch, one beer".

Not sure I disagree with him.

Maybe not fire Narduzzi this weekend but get going on a plan to replace a possible 3-9, 4-8 coach.

I think that's a fair assessment. But if we beat those Fighting Bobcats... lifetime contracts for everybody. You get a contract, and YOU get a contract...

Oprah-Car-Giveaway-4.jpg

Reactions: WC Panther
Thing is,

Big time programs that are serious about football would do what the OP suggested.

Maybe not this evening, but 0-4 out the gate and not looking good in the process,

Yea, he probably should go.

Reactions: bubba31
"One bourbon, one scotch, one beer".

Not sure I disagree with him.

Maybe not fire Narduzzi this weekend but get going on a plan to replace a possible 3-9, 4-8 coach.

No dropped balls against Virginia is this even a topic..

Thing is,

Big time programs that are serious about football would do what the OP suggested.

Maybe not this evening, but 0-4 out the gate and not looking good in the process,

Yea, he probably should go.

He is 0-4 if you count last year.

Let's just win today and worry about Penn State next week and not worry about the original post in this thread !

I'd be ok with losing this game if we beat Penn State or UCF. Which seems like the sort of bizarre thing that happens at Pitt. The posting in the next week would be insane of course too if we lose.

Its the word "realistically" (that you might've missed) which distinguishes this from those one-in-a-million shots..

What do you get out of firing a coach during the season?
If you have a year that you think can be salvaged, because the coach screwed up that is one thing.... but if you really think this Pitt team is that good then you are on drugs.
I tend to be one that moves on from coaches quickly if they arent cutting it, but I am rarely in favor of firing a coach in the middle of the season unless they have lose control. Its a really bad look for a new coach coming in too.

Reactions: BFo8
Pickett has been screwed by some drops, but the dude has no feel for the game. None. He could have walked into the end zone on first down. Then he throws into triple coverage to a guy who has feet for hands (not that it would have ever gotten passed three defenders anyway).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT