ADVERTISEMENT

I'm so pumped for Thursday

Nov 8, 2017
Hey folks. I've been a reader for a while. I'm going to the game tomorrow and its gonna be my sons first Pitt game. I don't really care how many people show up or what the team's records are. Im just glad my work schedule allows me to cheer on my hometown college team and make some memories. At the end of the day isn't that what it's really all about?

Good to see Jerry Sandusky and the ghostly Joe pa on our site.

Enjoy the game OP and Go Pitt

Hey folks. I've been a reader for a while. I'm going to the game tomorrow and its gonna be my sons first Pitt game. I don't really care how many people show up or what the team's records are. Im just glad my work schedule allows me to cheer on my hometown college team and make some memories. At the end of the day isn't that what it's really all about?
Why???? Did the same thing to my poor kid. His first memories of his first game were of Ray Rice running wild at Heinz. But he did get to see some great hoops through the years. Turned him in to a huge Pitt fan and made him live here in Central PA and have to deal with the PSU knuckleheads all around. Talk about child abuse. They should have locked me up for subjecting him to that.

He is also now a sophomore doing well and living in South Oakland now...

Have fun!

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
I love Thursday Night games! Head over after work and then just take the bus home. Even the weather will be perfect. A bit cold but its easy to layer up when it isn't raining. Something about the night games make them more memorable for kids I think.

Night games are a ton of fun! Although I prefer my night games on Saturdays, Pitt doesnt seem to have those anymore. Have fun and bring warm clothes!

Why???? Did the same thing to my poor kid. His first memories of his first game were of Ray Rice running wild at Heinz. But he did get to see some great hoops through the years. Turned him in to a huge Pitt fan and made him live here in Central PA and have to deal with the PSU knuckleheads all around. Talk about child abuse. They should have locked me up for subjecting him to that.

He is also now a sophomore doing well and living in South Oakland now...

Have fun!
Me too. My daughter is heading to Oakland next fall. Pitt Nursing. It’s been her dream ever since I brain washed... er... introduced her to the university. Poor girl.

Teh Teh no disrespect I come in peace I'm not a nitter. I've been a Pitt fan for pretty much my whole life. I'm a homer so I root for the home town teams win lose or draw but can you or anyone else explain why anytime someone says anything remotely different than the normal coach/administration/attendance/record bashing they are accused of being a penn state troll. I could be wrong like I said I'm new on here so I may not get it but it seems alot like the Salem witch trials on here at time with these baseless accusations. Just wondering; its the only part of this message board I don't enjoy.

Teh Teh no disrespect I come in peace I'm not a nitter. I've been a Pitt fan for pretty much my whole life. I'm a homer so I root for the home town teams win lose or draw but can you or anyone else explain why anytime someone says anything remotely different than the normal coach/administration/attendance/record bashing they are accused of being a penn state troll. I could be wrong like I said I'm new on here so I may not get it but it seems alot like the Salem witch trials on here at time with these baseless accusations. Just wondering; its the only part of this message board I don't enjoy.

I think was in response to a different poster whose posts have since been deleted

Hope you and your son have a great experience together. One of the first games I took my son to was against Syracuse at Pitt Stadium many years ago. Pitt kicked off and the Orange scored on their first play from scrimmage on a Long pass play. I’m thinking it’s going to be a long day.

Then the Orange kick off and the Panthers score on their first play from scrimmage on a Long pass. Amazing.

I can’t even remember who won, but those were great memories that have stayed with both of us. Hope you and your son see something you both will remember...

Go Pitt

Reactions: Pittfan412luv
Hope you and your son have a great experience together. One of the first games I took my son to was against Syracuse at Pitt Stadium many years ago. Pitt kicked off and the Orange scored on their first play from scrimmage on a Long pass play. I’m thinking it’s going to be a long day.

Then the Orange kick off and the Panthers score on their first play from scrimmage on a Long pass. Amazing.

I can’t even remember who won, but those were great memories that have stayed with both of us. Hope you and your son see something you both will remember...

Go Pitt
Pitt won. That was with Alex Van Pelt as QB.

The OP has to be a troll. How can you be "so pumped" for a 4-5 team playing a 1-8 team? That is not "pump worthy", I don't care how big of a fan you are. That's fine if you are going to the game or going to watch the game, great. I am too. But "pumped"? Sorry, wrong word. I wish people wouldn't troll such idiocy. Or it is a closet Nitter fan poking fun.

The OP has to be a troll. How can you be "so pumped" for a 4-5 team playing a 1-8 team? That is not "pump worthy", I don't care how big of a fan you are. That's fine if you are going to the game or going to watch the game, great. I am too. But "pumped"? Sorry, wrong word. I wish people wouldn't troll such idiocy. Or it is a closet Nitter fan poking fun.
Please tell your joking sir or madam? I want to preface this by saying I have no desire to engage in a fruitless back and forth about me being a "nitter." Its about as pointless as John Procter arguing that he didn't practice witchcraft ( see the crucible for reference). Your going to believe what you want and rightfully so in this Great land of the free. Me being pumped is about the fact that for the last two seasons I have been trying to make it to a game and have been unable to because of my work schedule. Couple this little tidbit with the fact that I will be sharing this experience with my boy who has never been to a football game on any level and you with be able to see that pumped is actually an understatement. My only offense in this whole sequence of events is apparently sharing my excitement publicly with a few (not all most poster have been supportive and shared their own experiences) "fair weather fans" who couldn't possibly fathom being excited for a team not in contention for a championship. Forgive me.

I am actually pumped up. Last year's loss still sticks in my craw I would still like to punch ryan switzer in the mouth I will have fun. eff the media.

I'm pumped. I have 6 going so I got a couple of free tickets through the athletic department. Seats are in the lower end zone (section 120) close to my season ticket seats. Kind of embarrassing that they are giving away tickets but much appreciated. Let's go Pitt!

How can you be "so pumped"...

I'm going to the game tomorrow and its gonna be my sons first Pitt game.

seems pretty self-explanatory and "pump worthy" for a Pitt fan to me. Happen to have any sons?

ADVERTISEMENT