ADVERTISEMENT

In Oklahoma State, Pitt Faces Stiff Test In Reaching Rarefied Air Of 3-0, LINK!

CaptainSidneyReilly

Chancellor
Dec 25, 2006
The long-range plan, as it was put to Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi when he interviewed for the job 21 months ago, was to make the football program successful and nationally relevant again. An opportunity to do just that emerges Saturday on the flatlands of Stillwater, Okla., when Pitt meets Oklahoma State at T. Boone Pickens Stadium. The trip will mark the farthest Pitt has ventured west since opening the 2010 season at Utah. National recognition wasn't foremost on Narduzzi's mind late this week when he put the finishing touches on his game plan and tried to find a way to slow Oklahoma State's speed and passing game. But when asked whether the game represents an opportunity to open some eyes around the country, his first reaction was in the affirmative. “I think so,” he said.....................
A victory could get Pitt (2-0) ranked in the Associated Press Top 25 poll for the first time this season. Even if the pollsters still aren't impressed, Pitt would be 3-0 for only the fourth time this century.Narduzzi is hoping his team doesn't think too far outside the box. “We just have to take care of business and stay focused,” he said....................
“They have some similarities,” Narduzzi said when asked to compare Baylor and Oklahoma State. “The Big 12 is like that. The Big 12 likes to throw the ball around. They are finesse but physical, football teams. “The more tape you watch (of Oklahoma State), the more big and physical and athletic you see that they really are.” But he reassured himself by saying, “I think we know what they like to do.”......................
“They are going to try to go deep a lot,” Maddox said. “For a defensive back, you have a lot of opportunities to make plays.”Pitt carries more respect than awe for its opponent, and that might be the Panthers' best chance to record an upset.“This defense is made for (making plays),” Maddox said. “It's aggressive. It's built for someone who loves a challenge, and I like to challenge people.”

LINK;
http://triblive.com/sports/college/pitt/11151976-74/pitt-state-oklahoma

Reactions: VAPITTALUM
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT