ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting entry into the Portal

Pittski

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2010
New Albany, OH
Nate McCollum, WR @ GT. He’s a 5-11, 185lbs. Had 60 receptions for 655 yds and 3 TD’s this season. Also handles kickoff and punt returns. Strikes me as a Maurice French type and has 2 more years of eligibility. Hopefully Pitt reaches out.

I'd be very surprised if any half decent WRs choose Pitt from the portal.

Reactions: 4382
It is puzzling why Pitt is not recruiting high school kids better, but it seems once they get into college they consider Pitt a place that will help them succeed.
Uncharted territory these days.

Kenny Johnson will probably be good, but I wouldnt expect another Addison / Fitz freshman year anymore.

Look at last years freshman class, almost no production.
Transfers is the new deal.

Ok, now list all of them since Donald that weren’t above average starters and tell me the batting average.
Honestly, I don't give a crap and wouldn't waste my time looking it up

I'm just responding to the prior poster's silly response in the thread

Reactions: HailToPitt1985
Is that why Pitt's done such a good job holding onto WR and QB recruits over the past month?
They upgraded the QB position. Let's see what transpires between now and spring. I think they will upgrade the WR position as well.

Recruits flip all the time, for a multitude of reasons. Do you think Kenny Minchey finds Notre Dame's offense more attractive? Tennessee lost a WR last night right after one of their current receivers became their first Biletnikoff winner. Should we assume he doesn't like the offense?

Honestly, I don't give a crap and wouldn't waste my time looking it up

I'm just responding to the prior poster's silly response in the thread

That's what most responses are lately when this PittPharm guy makes a silly response. Then he goes on some rant about twitter or showing a link about something stupid. Who gives a flying rat's a$S? Him and SMF came from the same sludge.

Ok, now list all of them since Donald that weren’t above average starters and tell me the batting average.
This staff (since 2016) has actually done very well with lower rated guys that they signed later in the recruiting cycle.

Weaver, Jones, Twyman, Hallett, Dennis, Campbell, Pinnock, Alexandre, Baldonado, Bentley, and Bartholomew were all rated 5.6 or lower by Rivals and committed between late November and signing day.

I'm willing to give this staff the benefit of the doubt until they prove us otherwise.

Reactions: FireballZ
This staff (since 2016) has actually done very well with lower rated guys that they signed later in the recruiting cycle.

Weaver, Jones, Twyman, Hallett, Dennis, Campbell, Pinnock, Alexandre, Baldonado, Bentley, and Bartholomew were all rated 5.6 or lower by Rivals and committed between late November and signing day.

I'm willing to give this staff the benefit of the doubt until they prove us otherwise.
Agree; but these players all signed with Pitt before NIL and no penalty transfers.

They upgraded the QB position. Let's see what transpires between now and spring. I think they will upgrade the WR position as well.

Recruits flip all the time, for a multitude of reasons. Do you think Kenny Minchey finds Notre Dame's offense more attractive? Tennessee lost a WR last night right after one of their current receivers became their first Biletnikoff winner. Should we assume he doesn't like the offense?
Did they though?!?

Until Neal finally got his 4th, how were the recruits ranked on the elite defense?
He’s not an offensive player .
Your claim is the recruits understand our offense better than us - including this booster and season ticket holder .
I’m awaiting your evidence to your claim .
They certainty aren’t flocking here -
And our top 3 offensive recruits bailed for other schools .

Your claim is the recruits understand our offense better than us - including this booster and season ticket holder .
Kenny Johnson has been one of our Top 3 offensive recruits and a good WR prospect. We didn’t lose our Top 3.

Kenny Johnson will probably be good, but I wouldnt expect another Addison / Fitz freshman year anymore.

Look at last years freshman class, almost no production.
Transfers is the new deal.
There will be some other freshman stud receiver who comes to Pitt ( Tyler Boyd ). There’s always guys at the receiver position who are underrated who play in archaic high school offenses and don’t get evaluate it properly because they don’t go to camps. Pitt will definitely find one of those every few years they always do. Heck I know some kids who are going to be four star prospects and they love Pitt and their parents are alumni so they’ll get guys. The position that they seem to always have a hard time recruiting out of high school is quarterback. They never get high school quarterbacks and develop them. It’s a very lazy way to coach and they need to focus on developing their own players.

Boyd was a composite 4 star and very sought after with offers from Tenn, ND, PSU, MSU etc
Addison also a composite 4 star who was slightly overlooked but still offers from all the regional p5 teams

Wayne’s a nice WR - who became a primary his senior year.

Apparently, you have an inability to read.

Most of our best players in the post Pitt-Stadium era have been nondescript 3-star-type recruits. The overwhelming majority of our 4-star recruits have been busts or underwhelming.

We haven't been mediocre because of too many 3-star kids. We've been mediocre because our "best" recruits rarely pan out.

Reactions: boseman7
Nah
The topic is offense and your claim our recruits understand it .
Neal has nothing to do with it .

Our offensive recruiting is worrying
Yet our defense - with elite status - is loaded with 3 stars as well ... and it doesn't seem to worry you.

Frankly, neither worries me.

Yet our defense - with elite status - is loaded with 3 stars as well ... and it doesn't seem to worry you.

Frankly, neither worries me.
So why did you state our recruits understand our offense ?
Which is a weird statement since our 4 star qb left and did a wr .
The starting qb also bounced

So why did you state our recruits understand our offense ?
Which is a weird statement since our 4 star qb left and did a wr .
The starting qb also bounced
Because they do. As I already said, the recruits leaving had nothing to do with our offense. It gets tiresome answering the same question twice with you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT