ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting fact about the Coastal

Starting in 2013, this will be the 6th year in a row the Coastal Champ has been a different team.

13 Duke
14 GT
15 UNC
16 VT
17 Miami
18 Pitt (hopefully)

Everyone but UVa
If Pitt wins the Coastal, does this UVa wins it next season? Wouldn't shock me.

I sort of glad being in the coastal, we may struggle in years with it and everyone beats eachother up and may not have that national attention team, but as a fan of football it is a nice relief of not having that one team like Alabama etc who you know is always going to be on top year after year. Bama is what makes college football or any sport boring to me. Like the Patriots in the NFL. I like when it can be anyone's day.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
And I'd bet that the experts predicted Miami or Va Tech to win it every year, with the other mostly projected in the #2 spot. And will again next year, and the year after....

I sort of glad being in the coastal, we may struggle in years with it and everyone beats eachother up and may not have that national attention team, but as a fan of football it is a nice relief of not having that one team like Alabama etc who you know is always going to be on top year after year. Bama is what makes college football or any sport boring to me. Like the Patriots in the NFL. I like when it can be anyone's day.

Completely agree; we totally lucked out getting into the Coastal. We'd never win the Atlantic, Big Ten East, either side of the SEC, or the Big 12. The Coastal, along with maybe the Big 10 West and Pac 12 South are the only divisions we'd ever have a chance in. Realignment (eventually) worked so well for Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT