ADVERTISEMENT

Introducing Head Baseball Coach, Mike Bell...

Jordano was mediocre....this is not that much better
Why is he not much better? Very high praise from former Seminole players, track record of recruiting at a high level, and has been around success at everywhere he has been? If you don’t mind, why do you think this is not a big upgrade from Jordano? Thanks!

Yes please provide insight as to why this guy isn’t better than meh. I have never talked to anyone that didn’t have a strong opinion of this guy as a coach. He’s not as strong a personality as Jeff Capel, but he’s a good guy and even better coach

I'm excited by this guy and the commitment they're making to baseball. His southern connections alone are a good move. Pitt can be the program of the Northeast, which is largely a vacuum, and now Pitt has a huge advantage being only one of two programs in a top baseball power conference and Syracuse sitting there without a program. I think Bell senses that, and he clearly wanted the Pitt job big time.

If he succeeds, it could keep Pitt athletics with a strong active presence in the media for 3 extra months a year. I don't know if that advantage has been considered adequately, not just in terms of local coverage, but especially with the ACC Network coming on line. If you had to pick three sports programs to pin your athletic department on in the ACC, it is football, men's hoops, and baseball, really covering August football camp through June's NCAA baseball tournament. And I like how they are sitting with a few other sports, especially soccer which will only grow and could develop its own niche following.

Gotta get these facility upgrades done, and done right, and then figure out how to monetize baseball better.

Last edited:
Heather continues to impress.

Think about it....Bobby lewis managed a club team while at Pitt. Not his fault.....pitt simply didnt care.

They bring in mark jackson from point park....who was able to get pretty good players from this area but thats it.

Them...they grab a guy from mercyhurst and walk away from the program until the facilities upgrade.

Point park.....mercyhurst.....to the top asst at FSU???

We are entering an era at Pitt we havent seen ever.

I was concerned when Aprile went to Louisville.

After watching heather work.....and with her softball background....im wondering if she helped pack her bags.

We will get a great softball coach. This i have no doubt.

You should watch the games and try to understand the roster before passing judgment. This roster is not an ACC roster. Plain and simple. There is absolutely no depth on either side of the baseball. However, Bell's in-game management has been quite good. From staff days once a week to spreading innings around to the young infielders, he has absolutely made the most of this roster.

You should watch the games and try to understand the roster before passing judgment. This roster is not an ACC roster. Plain and simple. There is absolutely no depth on either side of the baseball. However, Bell's in-game management has been quite good. From staff days once a week to spreading innings around to the young infielders, he has absolutely made the most of this roster.
Is Washington hurt? Haven’t seen him pop up in a lineup in a little while, and he’s obviously one of the team’s few ACC-caliber bats.

I also admit that I was privately critical of Bell’s decision to use Cappas early in the season as a weekend starter over someone like West, who has pitched very well lately as he’s taken that Friday starter spot. I’ve been impressed with most of the freshmen overall: Duff, Hess, and Corcoran in particular have been pretty big bright spots. Good to see Ronan have a good start in the midweek game, weak opponent notwithstanding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT