ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State Game NCAA Tournament Game & Other Dribbles ...

DT - Most excellent dribbled! That quote from your friend about the “14 feet and 360 pounds” of limbs is awesome!

I thought a key today was Nelly’s solid play in the second half - his maturity showed…

Go Pitt.

Nelly has bailed us out at least five times this year when no one else on the floor had it. Lose any of those five games and we're not still playing basketball. At least not in this tournament.

He, Elliot, and Hinson are pretty giveth and taketh. But the good thing is the odds are low of it being a taketh day, at least offensively, for all of them.

Nelly has bailed us out at least five times this year when no one else on the floor had it. Lose any of those five games and we're not still playing basketball. At least not in this tournament.

He, Elliot, and Hinson are pretty giveth and taketh. But the good thing is the odds are low of it being a taketh day, at least offensively, for all of them.
I’d rather have that type of offense than rely on defense. Especially in the tournament.

But you’re spot on.

Beat scumbag seanny - my new tagline

What a great fu.king team effort and win !

This bunch certainly isn’t as talented as some of JDs teams , but none of those teams had the grittiness of this team . If they did there would be a national championship banner hanging in the Pete .

I‘ve been high on twins since I watched one of them drain 25 footers like they were layups at a practice in Oct . This is just the beginning they have the potential to transform Pitt basketball .

I was having flashbacks to the Pitt/Wisconsin game until Pitt put it away .

One more win Pitt might have themselves the national COY .

Can anyone even remember that Michigan game now ! What a transformation.
I’ll say this - I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a PItt team that seems to genuinely like each other more than this group- it’s just a joy to watch.

And the twins and Fede are out of central casting — genuinely happy to be playing and seem constantly surprised by the whole experience.

I watched tonight at a bar named Belushi’s in Barcelona, Spain. A recommendation from well known Pitt fan @mike412 . I ran into another Pitt alum which is great anywhere especially Barcelona. We watched with a group of 21 year old Wisconsin study abroad kids who were burned in last years tourney by the cyclones. I’ll never forget tonight and neither will my wife. Now I’ll be figuring out how to watch us beat Xavier in Avignon, France and couldn’t be happier. Hail to my wife first…but Hail to Friggin Pitt.

It’s 2:47 am here but I cannot sleep.

It’s not time to compare this team to any others we’ve loved but someday (hopefully far far away) I know @DT_PITT will provide us the context.
Great story! Enjoy your trip. And also, enjoy the Panthers!!!

Not sure many of us knew much about the twins. Or certainly what maybe could or should be expected from them. I know I didn’t.

But after watching them all year and how they are progressing they have become an absolute treat to watch. Lots of development still required, but Pitt is fortunate to have them. Some observations and thoughts about the twins:
  • Their length is obviously a tremendous asset. But it looks as if they have long arms, even for 7 footers.
  • They have good basketball instincts. These aren’t just tall guys playing basketball. They are basketball players.
  • They are still very gangly and at times their bodies and skill sets haven’t quite caught up with their minds, but they make the effort to MAKE PLAYS: driving; passing; screening; cutting; shooting. They are not deferential.
  • They are willing to engage physically. They will take a hit and get right up and do it again.
  • They LOVE to play. You can almost see the visible aura of enthusiasm surrounding them. When they’re on the court or even on the bench exhorting their teammates.

I liked Jorge’s comment about the pick n roll feed to G for the dunk:

I said it before, I’m going to start to play PG.

I think it’s hilarious how salty you are towards it
I find it hilarious you ride Jeff’s meat 24/7.

He’s been good this year. The first year of his 5 year tenure. Luckily we have a smart AD who will need a second year before she extends.

Jeff should send a portion of his paycheck every week to Chet, Hugley and their mental health counselors. Without Hugley leaving, none of this was possible. Absolute cancer. But I told you that from day 1

Thoughts?? CLANK!!!
Wow......in a moment of truth CLANK!!!, I picked Pitt over Iowa State in everyone of CLANK!!! my brackets. I just felt CLANK!!! Pitt has fared well against defensive CLANK!!! teams like NW and UVA. Sure, CLANK!!! Duke handled us, but they are as good on CLANK!!! offense as they are defense. CLANK!!! Sorry, but Iowa State CLANK!!! keeps on missing shots badly CLANK!!! as I type this post. CLANK!!!

He’s been good this year. The first year of his 5 year tenure. Luckily we have a smart AD who will need a second year before she extends.

Jeff should send a portion of his paycheck every week to Chet, Hugley and their mental health counselors. Without Hugley leaving, none of this was possible. Absolute cancer. But I told you that from day 1

Lol so instead of giving him credit for the players you’ve whiffed on all year, you give him credit to their best player leaving? Lol so salty.

Get one thing right about this team and I’ll stop riding Capel but you’re batting 0.000. I can’t thing if a single thing you’ve been right about with Pitt this year.

So called experts on here refuse to acknowledge the massive air ball they shot this year with this team.

It’s hilarious you still try to justify it. Have fun w that

I liked Jorge’s comment about the pick n roll feed to G for the dunk:

I said it before, I’m going to start to play PG.

I thought the rest of that quote was even better, about how Guillermo dunked on him and Nate in practice the day before and was talking trash on them, so Jorge told him he needed to do that in the game. And now he did, so Jorge has to just shut up.

Reactions: NCanton Panther
** I’m stunned!

** Actually, I’m shocked!!

** OK … that doesn’t do it either. I’m overwhelmed!!!

** No … that’s not enough. The only thing that truly fits is that I’m BLOWN F*CKING AWAY!!!!

** Where does one really start commenting on this game? It might take me 10 dribbles just to find a moment to begin!

** But I’ll attempt to rise to the challenge with a number. The number is 41.

** I suspect there’s not a fan nor prognosticator in the multiverse who would have foretold the Panthers holding the Cyclones to 41 points today in the Round of 64. Not me for one for sure. No one from the Panther Hoops fan nation either I believe.

** Eight days ago, the Panthers surrendered 48 points to Duke in one half. Twice.

** And it wasn’t just that we surrendered 48 ... twice. We looked entirely inept defensively that day. We all know that we had looked suspect defensively for several games before that too.

** Allow me though to be about as objective and fair about the Panthers’ 41 point defensive stand as I can be. Yes, Iowa State layed a a big damn egg. Knowing that, let’s not allow that by any means take away from a tremendous defensive game plan by Capel and staff and even better defensive execution by our players.

** Somewhere between last Thursday and today, Jeff Capel must have somehow gotten the message to his team that defense matters. Message received.

** Or maybe it’s as simple as Guillermo.

** While I love Fede with all my Panther might, somehow the Pitt defense has been solved by the tall Spanish Gman and his Wonder Twin.

** And let’s go one step beyond with a wonderful dribble from my friend @brdst11 . His words: we “beat them up with 14 feet and 360 pounds of arms and legs.” I think I could have made this one statement with my first dribble tonight and my work would have been complete.

** Yesterday, my son and I were discussing the NCAA tournament and I was proclaiming maybe the Panthers had a shot to surprise because they were fearless to take and make tough shots. I suspected that this could have been one of the key missing ingredients from the great teams that Ben Howland and Jamie Dixon brought to the NCAA tournament who largely underachieved.

** This seemed like a wise thought after Blake’s insane 30 footer on Tuesday that helped propel the Panther win. But there were no such shots from the Panther’s today. In fact, our special and sometimes unconscious pair of leading scorers hit a measly pair of field goals today. They were sort of non factors actually.

** The biggest factor was indeed a young enthusiastic Spanish man by the name I’ve already mentioned once … Guillermo.

** I can't take back my comments from October, or even November, that suggested that we shouldn’t expect all that much from our Spanish Twins.

** Additionally, I’ll readily acknowledge that many said they saw a bright future when I still offered caution.

** How about if I just say I was wrong.

** But I wonder if any of even their largest supporters suspected that the Wonder Twins would combine for 11 points, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks, 3 assists and a steal in 35 combined minutes this year to beat a 6 seed.

** So as I suggested to begin with for the Panthers’ win today, I am stunned, shocked, overwhelmed and even blown f*cking away by what the Diaz brothers did today to propel the Panthers to the Round of 32.

** Still, let me slide back once more with my congratulations to the Twins, because much as it has it’s been all season long, this was a team win.

** The 41 points surrendered were a team accomplishment from a team who likes each other and pulls for each other.

** Along those lines, it feels like that entire team really, really likes the Twins, and it feels to me like the entire team is rising to occasion to back to Twins, especially GDG, as Fede’s understudy.

** That’s one explanation. Who’s to say if it’s really the case? Who cares actually? It's all glorious regardless.

** All I can say for sure is that our Panthers have me left me with my mouth wide open in amazement at this point.

** Stunned, shocked, overwhelmed and blown f*cking away! All of these fit and much more!

** Thank you to our Panthers from one extremely elated Pitt Hoops fan.

** HAIL TO PITT!!!!!
I am all those things you mentioned PLUS. one thing I must add. In the short period that ISU out scored us they still looked terrible.

Lol so instead of giving him credit for the players you’ve whiffed on all year, you give him credit to their best player leaving? Lol so salty.

Get one thing right about this team and I’ll stop riding Capel but you’re batting 0.000. I can’t thing if a single thing you’ve been right about with Pitt this year.

So called experts on here refuse to acknowledge the massive air ball they shot this year with this team.

Their best player left?

Burton was first team all ACC. Hinson was second team.

Hugley shooting 44 percent, playing awful defense, turning it over 3 times a game and only averaging 8 boards in all of those minutes last year got honorable mention and a bunch of losses.

The fact you and others can’t see STILL that
1) he sucks
2) he’s an obvious cancer
3) we started winning because the guys who are talented that I’ve given him plenty of credit for like Burton, Hinson etc were given room to operate once Jabba the Hut left.

I’ll bet you another 100 to the department that whatever team he chooses will suck next year too because Chet is for some reason gonna force him to another HM instead of playing at his correct level in the Horizon League.

Just a selfish, low morality cancerous player and person. If you only knew the other stuff this guy has done (Hugley). Go ask Brush high school about the mentally challenged student in the parking lot. Wouldn’t take Hugley at IUP. POS

Their best player left?

Burton was first team all ACC. Hinson was second team.

Hugley shooting 44 percent, playing awful defense, turning it over 3 times a game and only averaging 8 boards in all of those minutes last year got honorable mention and a bunch of losses.

The fact you and others can’t see STILL that
1) he sucks
2) he’s an obvious cancer
3) we started winning because the guys who are talented that I’ve given him plenty of credit for like Burton, Hinson etc were given room to operate once Jabba the Hut left.

I’ll bet you another 100 to the department that whatever team he chooses will suck next year too because Chet is for some reason gonna force him to another HM instead of playing at his correct level in the Horizon League.

Just a selfish, low morality cancerous player and person. If you only knew the other stuff this guy has done (Hugley). Go ask Brush high school about the mentally challenged student in the parking lot. Wouldn’t take Hugley at IUP. POS

*returning best player.

I never doubted your connections. That’s not what I’m arguing.

*returning best player.

I never doubted your connections. That’s not what I’m arguing.
Alright, you’re kind of making my point though.

On paper, he was their returning best player. But it’s not like Burton just all of a sudden became great. The open space and freedom he now has because there isn’t a big in the lane clogging up every possession has allowed him to show what he can do.

And full credit to JB for capitalizing and Capel for letting them go be great. Most coaches wouldn’t let Hinson shoot those types of shots. After watching Iowa State, we KNOW they wouldn’t. So I’m giving him TONS of credit for it. My point is let’s see another year before we talk extension. Or an elite 8. Or final 4. Final 4 and give him a lifetime contract for all I care. More relevant basketball

** I’m stunned!

** Actually, I’m shocked!!

** OK … that doesn’t do it either. I’m overwhelmed!!!

** No … that’s not enough. The only thing that truly fits is that I’m BLOWN F*CKING AWAY!!!!

** Where does one really start commenting on this game? It might take me 10 dribbles just to find a moment to begin!

** But I’ll attempt to rise to the challenge with a number. The number is 41.

** I suspect there’s not a fan nor prognosticator in the multiverse who would have foretold the Panthers holding the Cyclones to 41 points today in the Round of 64. Not me for one for sure. No one from the Panther Hoops fan nation either I believe.

** Eight days ago, the Panthers surrendered 48 points to Duke in one half. Twice.

** And it wasn’t just that we surrendered 48 ... twice. We looked entirely inept defensively that day. We all know that we had looked suspect defensively for several games before that too.

** Allow me though to be about as objective and fair about the Panthers’ 41 point defensive stand as I can be. Yes, Iowa State layed a a big damn egg. Knowing that, let’s not allow that by any means take away from a tremendous defensive game plan by Capel and staff and even better defensive execution by our players.

** Somewhere between last Thursday and today, Jeff Capel must have somehow gotten the message to his team that defense matters. Message received.

** Or maybe it’s as simple as Guillermo.

** While I love Fede with all my Panther might, somehow the Pitt defense has been solved by the tall Spanish Gman and his Wonder Twin.

** And let’s go one step beyond with a wonderful dribble from my friend @brdst11 . His words: we “beat them up with 14 feet and 360 pounds of arms and legs.” I think I could have made this one statement with my first dribble tonight and my work would have been complete.

** Yesterday, my son and I were discussing the NCAA tournament and I was proclaiming maybe the Panthers had a shot to surprise because they were fearless to take and make tough shots. I suspected that this could have been one of the key missing ingredients from the great teams that Ben Howland and Jamie Dixon brought to the NCAA tournament who largely underachieved.

** This seemed like a wise thought after Blake’s insane 30 footer on Tuesday that helped propel the Panther win. But there were no such shots from the Panther’s today. In fact, our special and sometimes unconscious pair of leading scorers hit a measly pair of field goals today. They were sort of non factors actually.

** The biggest factor was indeed a young enthusiastic Spanish man by the name I’ve already mentioned once … Guillermo.

** I can't take back my comments from October, or even November, that suggested that we shouldn’t expect all that much from our Spanish Twins.

** Additionally, I’ll readily acknowledge that many said they saw a bright future when I still offered caution.

** How about if I just say I was wrong.

** But I wonder if any of even their largest supporters suspected that the Wonder Twins would combine for 11 points, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks, 3 assists and a steal in 35 combined minutes this year to beat a 6 seed.

** So as I suggested to begin with for the Panthers’ win today, I am stunned, shocked, overwhelmed and even blown f*cking away by what the Diaz brothers did today to propel the Panthers to the Round of 32.

** Still, let me slide back once more with my congratulations to the Twins, because much as it has it’s been all season long, this was a team win.

** The 41 points surrendered were a team accomplishment from a team who likes each other and pulls for each other.

** Along those lines, it feels like that entire team really, really likes the Twins, and it feels to me like the entire team is rising to occasion to back to Twins, especially GDG, as Fede’s understudy.

** That’s one explanation. Who’s to say if it’s really the case? Who cares actually? It's all glorious regardless.

** All I can say for sure is that our Panthers have me left me with my mouth wide open in amazement at this point.

** Stunned, shocked, overwhelmed and blown f*cking away! All of these fit and much more!

** Thank you to our Panthers from one extremely elated Pitt Hoops fan.

** HAIL TO PITT!!!!!
Not 41, but I didn’t think they would score many more than 50. Their offense has been, “offensive” the last 10 games.

Was pretty sore we would win this one, maybe not this easily, but did think we would win.

I think we win again on Sunday. Still debating about making the 480 mile one way trip to see it.

Would you rather he was a world beater yr 1 then regress ?

Now your obsession with Hugley is just ridiculous , the kid busted his butt for Pitt even helping with recruiting and all you do is shit on him . I’m sure he doesn’t waste his time on here , but with fans like yourself he’s better off somewhere else .

Would you rather he was a world beater yr 1 then regress ?

Now your obsession with Hugley is just ridiculous , the kid busted his butt for Pitt even helping with recruiting and all you do is shit on him . I’m sure he doesn’t waste his time on here , but with fans like yourself he’s better off somewhere else .
And Pitt is Much much better off. And he didn’t bust his ass. He got out of shape and couldn’t contribute to an actual winning team.

He’s lucky that video with the mentally challenged kid never saw the light of day. Well, except people like me who kept it under wraps for him. POS.

I didn't know Burton left. I swear I've seen him playing in the tournament games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT