ADVERTISEMENT

Is caleb junko still

I saw this about a week ago , there was some write up on him and just laughed.
He single-handedly lost 2 games last season. Worst punter I ever seen .
This roster is not overly-talented to say the least , hopefully it won't matter and this offense will be able to score some points but I won't hold my breath.

Reactions: bmz32
I saw this about a week ago , there was some write up on him and just laughed.
He single-handedly lost 2 games last season. Worst punter I ever seen .
This roster is not overly-talented to say the least , hopefully it won't matter and this offense will be able to score some points but I won't hold my breath.
Fortunately, Pitt historically has been pretty good at both the PK and punter positions, but between Christodoulo and the mess we’ve had for the last 2 years, it’s as bad as we’ve had at punter in a long, long time. But again, I’d rather struggle there than at kicker.

Last edited:
The first string punter? If so we are effed, again

I love that the Junko family is so loyal to Pitt. Problem is they aren't very good. Bob Junko was Foge's defensive coordinator and was pretty bad at it. Can't say that he was all that great in recruiting/WPIAL stuff either when he was in that administrative position all those years. And obviously the punter is one of the worse we have had here.

Reactions: Black_Man_Panther
New special coordinator, and a year older for Junko. Let's give him a chance for the new year. If Bronowski, who is an awarded SPC, thinks Junko is the man as punter, then I will have faith in Junko until proven otherwise.

New special coordinator, and a year older for Junko. Let's give him a chance for the new year. If Bronowski, who is an awarded SPC, thinks Junko is the man as punter, then I will have faith in Junko until proven otherwise.
Unfortunately, as in other positions, there could be a huge difference in how a kid punts in practice versus how he performs in game situations. So this could be a long wait ‘n see process…..

Last edited:
Reactions: jctrack
Unfortunately, as in other positions, there could be a huge difference in how a kid punts in practice versus how he performs in game situations. So this could be a long wait ‘n see progress.
I was just watching the replay of the Duke game. No one in the stands... looks like a Pitt spring game and he shanks his first punt giving Duke great field position. This guy just doesn't have it and needs to move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT