ADVERTISEMENT

Is coach Prime thin skinned?

Very thin skinned.

But to be fair, a lot of coaches are all about the “it’s us vs the world” mentality. They do everything they can to convince their team, and probably themselves, that “they” hate you and want to see you fail.

And there probably is a lot more truth to that than most when it comes to Sanders. Because he is so polarizing. There are a lot of people that see him as the black hat, and so enjoy rooting against him.

And even some of us that think he can be successful, still aren’t ready to say he’s a good coach. He hasn’t proved anything yet.

So he’s getting a lot of “one side hates me, the other side doesn’t hate me but still isn’t prepared to say I’m good,” and he just leans into that.

Sanders called out a reporter for not liking the program and wouldn't let him ask his question, wouldn't take a question from a CBS Colorado reporter because apparently the national website had him ranked as the 2nd worst coach in the Big 12.

Very thin skinned.

But to be fair, a lot of coaches are all about the “it’s us vs the world” mentality. They do everything they can to convince their team, and probably themselves, that “they” hate you and want to see you fail.

And there probably is a lot more truth to that than most when it comes to Sanders. Because he is so polarizing. There are a lot of people that see him as the black hat, and so enjoy rooting against him.

And even some of us that think he can be successful, still aren’t ready to say he’s a good coach. He hasn’t proved anything yet.

So he’s getting a lot of “one side hates me, the other side doesn’t hate me but still isn’t prepared to say I’m good,” and he just leans into that.
He’s got to keep up the bluster to cover for his inability to coach. But no matter, he’ll likely quit after his kid leaves school.

Reactions: pittdan77
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT