ADVERTISEMENT

Is Narduzzi Going Full-blown Belichick Mode?

FWIW, I don't think Werewolf is trolling. He's a Pitt fan that's being emotional and wanting the best for the team. I just think his emotions are clouding judgement a little. There's probably some truth in both arguments, where maybe we backed off some and maybe others cancelled on Pitt.

It's June and a lot of visits are happening. Most of these kids visiting had several visits lined up back to back. We got some who committed and cancelled their other visits. Other schools are going to get the same.

We've picked up a bunch of commitments and there's maybe 2 or 3 you can question. It's not a big deal at this point, long way to go and a lot of spots to fill.

Now lets get a few OL this weekend and spend a bunch of time selling Pitt to Hykeem and his family.

Nothing against Farabaugh but he doesn't spend any time on Pitt's side of the building.

IDK where he gets his information from but occasionally he's ahead of the rest of the media (even Chris) on Pitt news.

Sorry but every team in the nation had a covid year don’t act like it just helped Pitt. Miami will always out recruit Pitt, you do realize they could field and excellent recruiting class without even leaving south FL. Despite them beating us…remind me who won the ACC?

still waiting for proof that Pitt canceled visits for higher ranked kids?
If you think the extra year didn't help pickett you are in complete denial

I'm sorry. I don't buy the self-loathing Pitt fan thing. It's a burner account or a troll.

I don’t think so.

I think he really thought there would be some meaningful jump in recruit rankings this cycle. He wasn’t the only one expecting a legit jump in quality based off the ACCC.

As others have pointed out, most of the recruits this cycle so far aren’t reaches. They are the standard Pitt recruit. Which is actually what is disappointing him, as that isn’t what he expected.

And so he’s trying to come up with a reason to explain away his disappointment.

I don’t think so.

I think he really thought there would be some meaningful jump in recruit rankings this cycle. He wasn’t the only one expecting a legit jump in quality based off the ACCC.

As others have pointed out, most of the recruits this cycle so far aren’t reaches. They are the standard Pitt recruit. Which is actually what is disappointing him, as that isn’t what he expected.

Michigan State's recruiting class is a fantastic example of what I was hoping ours could look like this year. They have used last season to take the next step in recruiting. And it looks like you might be able to pencil Ramil in there, too.

Narduzzi isn't going Belichick.

He tries to get the best recruits possible.

If he could get recruiting classes full of 4 and 5-star kids like Alabama Georgia and Ohio State, he would do that.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
I don’t think so.

I think we all expect improvement but it's debatable to what level. That's fine. You'll have to excuse me when I get cynical about someone's insider knowledge or speculative, over-the-top, claims.

So you think that OSU offer is committable? We shall see.
Sorry I forgot to remind you the OSU offer to Matthews was committable as he committed to them. Pitt was in on him early when he was a 3 star. Then he balled out at the OSU camp and got an OSU offer (his dream school). When it was clear he was going to OSU he is elevated to 4 star. If he committed to Pitt he never gets elevated to 4 star because that’s how Rivals and 24/7 work. All I told you in the thread was correct.

Things don't change overnight. One ACC championship isn't going to suddenly make Pitt a top program. I notice increased interest and visits by 4 stars. We probably get more 5.7s and less 5.5s. Baby steps.

The championship tells recruits that you can win big here. It shows Pitt is improving. It gets Pitt a chance with a few recruits that would never have considered playing here before. We need to keep winning and learn to play the NIL game.

Reactions: FireballZ
It has to be realized that some of the great boost the program gave itself with the ACC championship has undoubtedly been challenged by the negativity of the conference garbage that has occurred. I do realize that Uber-fans care more about this stuff than the average citizen, but it can be assured that big time recruits (or at least your higher 3 star types and above) ARE among the subset of humanity that DO pay attention to this stuff.

Joe Lunchbox on the street doesn’t care. But if I’m a four or five star guy (the types we’re hoping would be more serious about us after last season), or certainly the guys’ parents, I’m seeking out and reading all I can find about this stuff. And remember they are being bombarded daily from Pitt’s enemies with the negative spin about it. Yes, even though the likelihood is great that the seasons for these particular students aren’t going to be impacted by whatever happens, perception is important.

It’s a dam shame all this had to finally burst at precisely the time we had a breakout of sorts. While I’m never going to feel too bad for guys making millions of dollars to coach a game, I do feel a bit of regret for our coaches. They’ve literally had little but negative headwinds to face in the months since the great moment of raising that trophy.

Reactions: BPKY
It has to be realized that some of the great boost the program gave itself with the ACC championship has undoubtedly been challenged by the negativity of the conference garbage that has occurred. I do realize that Uber-fans care more about this stuff than the average citizen, but it can be assured that big time recruits (or at least your higher 3 star types and above) ARE among the subset of humanity that DO pay attention to this stuff.

Joe Lunchbox on the street doesn’t care. But if I’m a four or five star guy (the types we’re hoping would be more serious about us after last season), or certainly the guys’ parents, I’m seeking out and reading all I can find about this stuff. And remember they are being bombarded daily from Pitt’s enemies with the negative spin about it. Yes, even though the likelihood is great that the seasons for these particular students aren’t going to be impacted by whatever happens, perception is important.

It’s a dam shame all this had to finally burst at precisely the time we had a breakout of sorts. While I’m never going to feel too bad for guys making millions of dollars to coach a game, I do feel a bit of regret for our coaches. They’ve literally had little but negative headwinds to face in the months since the great moment of raising that trophy.

Miami and Lville are seeing big upswings in their recruiting. Clemson looks like it’s going to have a bounce back class compared to last year. Any drama around the ACC as a whole doesn’t seem to be impacting them.

Miami and Lville are seeing big upswings in their recruiting. Clemson looks like it’s going to have a bounce back class compared to last year. Any drama around the ACC as a whole doesn’t seem to be impacting them.
Let’s face it. Other than maybe Louisville, the others you list, everyone knows they’ll be fine no matter what ends up happening. It’s likely just a matter of whether they will settle in the SEC or B1G. “Too Big to fail.”

Now, if/when Wake or BC or GT (or WVU) are cleaning our clocks, that’s a legit concern. They are in the same purgatory we are.

Let’s face it. Other than maybe Louisville, the others you list, everyone knows they’ll be fine no matter what ends up happening. It’s likely just a matter of whether they will settle in the SEC or B1G. “Too Big to fail.”

Now, if/when Wake or BC or GT (or WVU) are cleaning our clocks, that’s a legit concern. They are in the same purgatory we are.

But we should see some negative impact with other teams. It looks to me like every team in the ACC is recruiting about where they always do, or a few teams are seeing a bump.

A Conference championship or the possible future of a conference years down the road, isn’t going to move the needle much on the trail.

Having enough money to both hire beast recruiters and hook the players with a nice NIL deal, is what moves the needle.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT