ADVERTISEMENT

Is this targeting?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001

You cannot possibly target a player's helmet any better than the Miami player did. If Miami were not in contention for a CFP bid, this 100% gets called targeting on replay. Absolutely no question about it.

You cannot possibly target a player's helmet any better than the Miami player did. If Miami were not in contention for a CFP bid, this 100% gets called targeting on replay. Absolutely no question about it.
If Miami were not in contention for a CFP bid,... Absolutely sure that this is what went through the official's head and the booth guys since it was just brought up in the conspiracy meeting on Wednesday prior to the game....Amazing, 85% of the country hates Miami college football but they can get everyone in on the pushing them to the finish line rigging deal...hahahahahaha.

note: Every missed call is not a second shooter on the grassy knoll...

Absolutely. You cannot lead with the crown, which is what he did. It doesn't matter that the QB was a runner at the time. Plus, first contact was helmet to helmet.

If Miami were not in contention for a CFP bid,... Absolutely sure that this is what went through the official's head and the booth guys since it was just brought up in the conspiracy meeting on Wednesday prior to the game....Amazing, 85% of the country hates Miami college football but they can get everyone in on the pushing them to the finish line rigging deal...hahahahahaha.

note: Every missed call is not a second shooter on the grassy knoll...

There doesn't need to be any conspiracy meeting. The officials are ACC employees, they cannot make calls that hurt their employer unless they are a million percent sure. Human nature.

There doesn't need to be any conspiracy meeting. The officials are ACC employees, they cannot make calls that hurt their employer unless they are a million percent sure. Human nature.
ACC officials in a game between two ACC teams dislike Miami just as much as the next guy...If I am a Big10 official right now and a kid from Penn State (CFP contender) makes the same hit in a tight game against Iowa I am throwing the flag since I dislike the bastards...Human nature ...

not sure how a big win by a newbie like Cal hurts the ACC that much...

ACC officials in a game between two ACC teams dislike Miami just as much as the next guy...If I am a Big10 official right now and a kid from Penn State (CFP contender) makes the same hit in a tight game against Iowa I am throwing the flag since I dislike the bastards...Human nature ...

not sure how a big win by a newbie like Cal hurts the ACC that much...

I dislike PSU but if PSU needs that targeting call to make the CFP, I call it. It is just too obvious to not call it. Again, there wont be another targeting all year in any game that is as obvious as that. If a DB deliberately tried to target, he couldn't have done it any better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT