ADVERTISEMENT

Is this the greatest singular play in Pitt football history?

Lousaka Polite's TD to win the game against VaTech in 2003 was a huge moment.

And while it wasn't the game winner, it did ice the game - Kevin Barlow's TD against Notre Dame in the waning minutes of the last game at Pitt Stadium. Unforgettable. The tears started flowing at that point.
yeah, great moment, TOUGH Run but it was more just a great moment and not great play. LIke a 40 yard game winning field goal. Great moment but hard to call it a great play..

Honestly, the pick 6 against wvu was a great moment but not really a great play. great run back i guess. i mean, he was 7 yards back, it was actually really soft and bad coverage. IT wasnt like the pick 6 against PSU in 1987 or even the one against blackledge 5 years earlier where both guys made a great defensive play on the ball.

one that doesnt get mentioned is Palko's scramble against BC. He trucked the guy but it actually kept the drive going in a tight ballgame, late in the game where we needed a first down to extend the drive to win the game.

The Palko to Gill play at NOtre dame too, the "im so F'in proud of these guys" game..

Reactions: OH Pete
I feel like you have to include Addison ripping the ball out of the UVA defensive back’s hands and taking it the house for the W in 2021 on this list. That play sealed the ACCCG appearance. There a bunch of electric plays mentioned in this thread but so many of them happened during 6-6/7-5 seasons.

I feel like you have to include Addison ripping the ball out of the UVA defensive back’s hands and taking it the house for the W in 2021 on this list. That play sealed the ACCCG appearance. There a bunch of electric plays mentioned in this thread but so many of them happened during 6-6/7-5 seasons.
oh man, great call.

i'd love to hear some other great plays. hard to top this one at the sugar bowl but what are some other great/memorable plays?

again, not on same level but some that jump out:

Brandon Miree breakaway run against Va tech in early 2000's.
Dennis intercepting a shuffle pass against clemson and returning it for a TD
Rutherford TD catch against PSU at three rivers
"Intercepted by Ryan Lewis in the end zone" vs. PSU 2016

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT