ADVERTISEMENT

Is this the year Mr. January gets to the Sweet 16?

BTW, the true irony of this thread is that the OP is mocking a coach for underperforming in the tournament, but yet his namesake is a coach that has never made a FF, that cheats, and coaches at a blue blood school that practically sale itself.
Nuh-uh, never proven. He knew nothing about any of that. He's completely oblivious to what Book was doing to get players.

Or what Pasternack was accused of doing in federal court by a recruit's father.

Or of the dozen phone calls to the handler, now a convicted felon, from his university assigned cell phone while his assistant was offering that recruit's father money.

Or of the $50,000+ that the convicted felon was organizing to disperse for a different player on Arizona's roster prior to his arrest.

Nuh-uh, never proven. He knew nothing about any of that. He's completely oblivious to what Book was doing to get players.

Or what Pasternack was accused of doing in federal court by a recruit's father.

Or of the dozen phone calls to the handler, now a convicted felon, from his university assigned cell phone while his assistant was offering that recruit's father money.

Or of the $50,000+ that the convicted felon was organizing to disperse for a different player on Arizona's roster prior to his arrest.

The fact that Pasternack is still coaching (and succeeding) at UCSB with nary a blip tells me this investigation is pretty much crap. No one really cares.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
The fact that Pasternack is still coaching (and succeeding) at UCSB with nary a blip tells me this investigation is pretty much crap. No one really cares.
Well the NCAA passed rules allowing it to act on the FBI’s findings, the FBI gave the NCAA the go ahead to start investigating in November, and Book just plead guilty a week ago. So it is still too soon to say what will happen.

Dude, you’re a clown. Virginia has only really been elite the last 5 years, and they have a sweet 16 and elite 8.
Like Dixon’s best Pitt teams (with the exception of the 08-09 team) , Bennett’s teams are not built for NCAA tournament play-they tend to overachieve and outwork everyone over the grind of the regular season, but in the 64 team one and done format their talent deficit costs them. They never have the horses and the tournament exposes that every year.

Not in any way to diminish what Bennett has done-quite the opposite. No question he gets more out of less than anybody. And this is likely to continue, because no elite scoring talent wants to play in that grinding offensive system.

Last edited:
I like and think Dixon is a better coach than Bennett. He’s outrecruited and plays a better style than Bennett. Dixon never lost to a 16 seed. And most of the teams Dixon lost to in the tournament (save a few known exceptions) were just better teams. Just my opinion.

I like and think Dixon is a better coach than Bennett. He’s outrecruited and plays a better style than Bennett. Dixon never lost to a 16 seed. And most of the teams Dixon lost to in the tournament (save a few known exceptions) were just better teams. Just my opinion.
By 20
Bennett is an excellent coach but that’s the wrong side of history to be on

I don't know how much program success I would need to get over the ignominious taint of losing to a 16 seed; probably multiple national championships.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT