ADVERTISEMENT

It is frustrating but........

nosellout

Redshirt
Sep 4, 2002
I'm certain Jamie will turn this thing around. It wasn't long ago that I was first in line to purchase floor seats for a NIT tournament at the Fitzgerald Field (I sat next to Gerald Jordan's family), that's how far we had fallen after the Charles Smith era, I was just happy to see Pitt in any tourney. I was there for an opening game loss against Illinois St., that was when mid majors were supposed to pad your win total. Excited to see Vonteego Cummings and company only to walk out hearing fans saying same old Pitt team. I was at the civic arena watching Todd Burgan look like Jordan against Pitt. Prior to Ben and Jamie Pitt was a team with no direction. It has been a privilege to be a Pitt fan with Jamie at the helm, up until this year under Jamie Pitt was a team that rarely had equal talent to the elite teams but could play with any team in the country and most nights we won. Kentucky had down years. UCLA? Louisville? Syracuse? I can go on. It's bound to happen. Although it is frustrating, only because of the standard Jamie has set, I truly believe that the ship will get righted and we will see improvement as the season progresses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News