May 11, 2014
"Very disappointing"

"Not sold at all"

"They just arent very good"

"i am not impressed "

"you have to wonder about his future"

"they are a laughing stock"

"completely over rated"

All of these comments were uttered by Ron Cook on the Fan today.....And each was directed at James Franklin and the Penn State football program.

He made no excuses.....no caveats to his statements....he just (correctly) tore into James from State College and the football team with a little ripping of Hackenberg.

Just like he tears into Pitt when it is deserved.....and when he credits Jamie Dixon for his body of work.

Panther crybabies to rip Cook anyway in 4....3....2.....

"Very disappointing"

"Not sold at all"

"i am not impressed "

"completely over rated"

All of these comments were uttered by Ron Cook on the Fan today.....And each was directed at James Franklin and the Penn State football program.

He made no excuses.....no caveats to his statements....he just (correctly) tore into James from State College and the football team with a little ripping of Hackenberg.

Just like he tears into Pitt when it is deserved.....and when he credits Jamie Dixon for his body of work.

maybe he is trying distance himself if a really big bombshell is about to be released to the public. I think the rats might start jumping off the ship if they know it's going to sink.

He pisses people off, enough for them to call his show.. PSU did some good things and some bad things this year. If he'd say that, no one would really be that upset or happy about it so he goes overboard to invoke a reaction. That's his career, congrats to him for making a nice living out of it.

Wow so you are actually Ron cook? I doubt any pitt fan actually cold stomach listening to his show

maybe he is trying distance himself if a really big bombshell is about to be released to the public. I think the rats might start jumping off the ship if they know it's going to sink.

I think you give Cook too much credit insofar as he is not connected to the PSU program.....Cook is no "insider"...

Instead.......he is laying some criticism where it belongs.

Just like he criticizes Pitt for many warranted issues.....

I think you give Cook too much credit insofar as he is not connected to the PSU program.....Cook is no "insider"...

Instead.......he is laying some criticism where it belongs.

Just like he criticizes Pitt for many warranted issues.....

Not even close to a fair comparison. If Pitt was 11-1, he'd attack Pitt for not doing enough to be undefeated and have a special season or some crap. He always criticizes Pitt. It took another drubbing and an embarrassing national tv appearance by Penn State for him to say anything, and that was on a radio show hardly anyone listens to.

Ron Cook hates Pitt.

Reactions: pittdan77
"Very disappointing"

"Not sold at all"

"i am not impressed "

"completely over rated"

So, when is the last time Cook ripped PedU on his seldom listened to show, or more importantly, in the PG? Hell, I'm not even sure he ripped them during the PedU Scandal.

Trying to compare this singular tirade regarding this year's PedU performance to his very frequent snide remarks and criticisms of Pitt is apples and watermellons, imo. If you don't agree, then you're just not paying attention.

"Very disappointing"

"Not sold at all"

"i am not impressed "

"completely over rated"

Last I checked JoePa wasn't coaching up there anymore. He still flows with the cultists and the cultists aren't pleased right now.

Yes, BOB left the cupboard bare...particularly at QB, where he brought in a 5-star QB... a QB who he got to perform quite well as a true freshman....and who Franklin ruined.

Interesting post. But I will concur with others, when Cook does it in writing it will mean something.
It is also interesting that he canned his OC before the Bowl Game. One advantage is that PSU will be a touch more difficult to scout for that game and Hack can hardly be used less effectively than before. In 2016, he will have one game under a new OC....usually new OC's take some time to adjust.

Interesting post. But I will concur with others, when Cook does it in writing it will mean something.
It is also interesting that he canned his OC before the Bowl Game. One advantage is that PSU will be a touch more difficult to scout for that game and Hack can hardly be used less effectively than before. In 2016, he will have one game under a new OC....usually new OC's take some time to adjust.

I'm not sure what difference the OC will make right off the bat. Without a transfer or somebody stepping up on the OL, personnel is still a huge problem.

I'm not sure what difference the OC will make right off the bat. Without a transfer or somebody stepping up on the OL, personnel is still a huge problem.
I guess I draw the comparison to Pitt and our defense in 2014 to the defense in 2015....we have almost the same cast of characters as last year, but this years' results ( especially early in the process before people could scout us) are much improved.
Don't know if it is a fair comparison, but there it is.

I guess I draw the comparison to Pitt and our defense in 2014 to the defense in 2015....we have almost the same cast of characters as last year, but this years' results ( especially early in the process before people could scout us) are much improved.
Don't know if it is a fair comparison, but there it is.
Pitt did not quit on Offense or Defense this year, sure they made mistakes in execution on 4 to 5 Plays that beat them against better talent, but they made Half Time Adjustments in every game as well, THAT IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE in Coaching, Players and Game Plans not seen since the 1980s!

"Very disappointing"

"Not sold at all"

"i am not impressed "

"completely over rated"

Just curious between here and scout how many handles you have posting the same contrarian BS

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
Just curious between here and scout how many handles you have posting the same contrarian BS
Kind of reminds me of a bad PnnyLiar that shows up after a Big Penn State Lost and complains about Pitt? Sickem Slick and some Information to unveil his Handle.

LINK:
An old proverb in which a 'bad penny' is a methapor for someone or something unwelcome.

Pennies today are viewed as nearly worthless by many people (although not so many as a year ago), but when the term “bad penny” first appeared in the 18th century, pennies were serious money.

This made them ripe targets for counterfeiters, and to reach into your pocket or purse and discover that you had ended up with such a counterfeit coin, a “bad” penny, was a depressing and annoying experience.

A “bad penny” is a person whose presence is unwelcome on any occasion, but whom fate perversely employs to torment you by making said person appear (“turn up”) repeatedly, often at the worst possible times. The ne’er-do-well nephew who appears only at family weddings, funerals and holiday dinners, never invited but always mysteriously materializing at your elbow and asking for a loan, is the classic “bad penny.”

Thus, "A Bad Penny (Las Panteras) Always Turns Up"!

LINK:
http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/212498/old-timers-referring-to-a-bad-penny

Last edited:
Cook is a journalist with no substance. Those quotes are so generic, and that is all he can contribute. That guy coasts through his work just to collect a paycheck. As much as I enjoy someone talking down about PSU, anything that comes from Cook goes in one ear and out the other. Has anyone heard something Cook has said and was like "wow, what an interesting and original thought"?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT