ADVERTISEMENT

Its Week 3 and lets say a Clemson player tests positive

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
What do you do?

There is a 100% chance this would happen in ALL the sports, if they return. The German 2nd Division had this happen to a team so they canceled 2 weeks of the team's game. CDC guidelines say that those who come in close contact with a COVID positive person should quarantine for 2 weeks. So, in this hypothetical example, does the entire Clemson team quarantine? Just maybe 30-40 of them who were determined to come in close contact? What about the other team who played against him?

This is another reason why I just don't see how a fall season is feasible.

Reactions: Pittparade
What do you do?

There is a 100% chance this would happen in ALL the sports, if they return. The German 2nd Division had this happen to a team so they canceled 2 weeks of the team's game. CDC guidelines say that those who come in close contact with a COVID positive person should quarantine for 2 weeks. So, in this hypothetical example, does the entire Clemson team quarantine? Just maybe 30-40 of them who were determined to come in close contact? What about the other team who played against him?

Would the CDC change their protocols for this population in terms of quarantine? Let's hypothetically say this disease just had an overall mortality rate of the 1-24 age group? Would we shut down? Would we destroy our economy. Would we empty hospitals? Would we prolong surgeries? I could go on an on...

Play ball!
Same as if he had the flu!
If coaches don't want to coach don't coach. Their choice.
If players don't want to play they don't play. Their choice.
If fans don't want to come to the ball park stay home. Their choice.
Life is all about choices so lets not make choices for people and make the mistake of shutting down again!

I will guarantee there will be coaches, players, and fans testing positive once sports are opened up. Many of them in all levels of sports.
We are smart, resilient people so we develop a plan to remain open and work through the issues.

Millions test positive for Covid and are asymptomatic, millions have mild reactions, most young people without issues if they get sick will be sick for a few days and recover.

Another panic stricken American looking for a worse case scenario in a attempt to panic others into making terrible decisions like shutting down the season.

The season moves on, and the virus is managed.

I bet you would like to see everything shutdown again, everyone go back to their homes, close the doors, drapes, put your head between your legs and hope for the worst!

Ps- A guy from the WHO said today the Covid virus may be with us forever, there may never be a vaccine, so we adjust and live with it. He added it may go away viruses are unpredictable. I guess he covered his a-s with the last statement.
So lets start adjusting today, no better time than today. Right!

Last edited:
There is a grand total of 8 people in local hospitals in critical. No stress on the hospital systems. Keep moving those goal posts farther back say the medical professionals.

let’s play some sports with using distancing guidelines. By August half if America will be exposed and most won’t even know they had it

you can’t live your life sheltered from everything.

Would the CDC change their protocols for this population in terms of quarantine? Let's hypothetically say this disease just had an overall mortality rate of the 1-24 age group? Would we shut down? Would we destroy our economy. Would we empty hospitals? Would we prolong surgeries? I could go on an on...

Nobody has answered it yet but at least you have addressed the CDC guidelines. The guidelines are set forth to protect against the public spread, not just the health of the affected parties. So, would the CDC have to change their guidelines solely for pro and college athletes? Or would these programs just to decide to ignore the guidelines and keep playing even though Travis Etienne has an apartment with Trevor Lawrence and 4 other starters. You see what I am saying? This is going to happen. Its a 100% certainty. Using a specific program is the only part that's hypothetical. So when this happens, do they use CDC guidelines and quarantine basically the whole team? Take 2 weeks off? Play with walk-ons? What? Go.

Play ball!
Same as if he had the flu!
If coaches don't want to coach don't coach. Their choice.
If players don't want to play they don't play. Their choice.
If fans don't want to come to the ball park stay home. Their choice.
Life is all about choices so lets not make choices for people and make the mistake of shutting down again!

I will guarantee there will be coaches, players, and fans testing positive once sports are opened up. Many of them in all levels of sports.
We are smart, resilient people so we develop a plan to remain open and work through the issues.

Millions test positive for Covid and are asymptomatic, millions have mild reactions, most young people without issues if they get sick will be sick for a few days and recover.

Another panic stricken American looking for a worse case scenario in a attempt to panic others into making terrible decisions like shutting down the season.

The season moves on, and the virus is managed.

I bet you would like to see everything shutdown again, everyone go back to their homes, close the doors, drapes, put your head between your legs and hope for the worst!

Ps- A guy from the WHO said today the Covid virus may be with us forever, there may never be a vaccine, so we adjust and live with it. He added it may go away viruses are unpredictable. I guess he covered his a-s with the last statement.
So lets start adjusting today, no better time than today. Right!

Nope. You think if you keep saying this that it will make it true. But no. It’s not the same. Not even close.

You’re of course entitled to your opinion - obviously. But not your own facts.

What do you do?

We get it. We all get your point. Is it possible to stop bringing it up every day?

Reactions: ThePanthers
Okay, here is my can't miss prediction:

SMF will post some speculative BS about the fall football season every time the board loses interest in one of his speculative BS posts about the fall football season.

Well,

There is a silver lining to all this,

Ever since this outbreak, and the term "social distancing ", there hasn't been a peep from SMF, whining about a new on campus stadium.

Reactions: PITTF2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT