ADVERTISEMENT

Jaelen Gill

Just announced to transfer portal. I mentioned this as a possibility in December.

Jurkovec's second favorite target behind Flowers at BC.
🤔
Heavily recruited out of HS and signed with Ohio State Before going to BC.

it seems to make sense for everyone involved.
It depends entirely on the player to player and player to coach relationships. The fly in the ointment to me is that Gill is defined above as "the second favorite target", not really a receivers dream . But it would be fantastic if Pitt could land him.

It depends entirely on the player to player and player to coach relationships. The fly in the ointment to me is that Gill is defined above as "the second favorite target", not really a receivers dream . But it would be fantastic if Pitt could land him.
I meant Zay Flowers was a no doubt number one. He who must not be named type.

Gill is a solid number two with explosiveness. Nobody on our roster like him. Could fit in well with Mumpfield and Reynolds.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
I meant Zay Flowers was a no doubt number one. He who must not be named type.

Gill is a solid number two with explosiveness. Nobody on our roster like him. Could fit in well with Mumpfield and Reynolds.
Exactly - Flowers is projected as a 1st rounder this year.

Certainly yes....but my point is that Gill may not want to be reunite with a QB that favored another receiver the last time they played together....that is we like the idea but I will be surprised if Gill is interested in playing with a QB that had another favorite target no matter how good everyone else thinks the target was.

I actually doubt there is mutual interest. This may prove to be a ridiculous take but I think he wants to go to a big named school that might throw a little NIL his way. It's weird because he may have been WR 1 there this year. There is likely more to his decision.

Reactions: Parkview57
did we get this guy yet ? pretty crazy how players just jump
from team to team at wimb
oh well.
he might be a poor mans wayne or mack ....
is Our Qb any good at the moment ? Jurkovec ? duzz cant recruit the qb

Just noticed that Underwood was a new follower on Twitter.

Adding Gil would make me feel much better about WR. We still wouldn’t have that true #1 but I think I’d feel good we could go 4-wide with a pretty good group of Means, Mumpfeld, Gill and Reynolds. And then have a 2nd group of younger guys like Polk, Seymore, and Alston who hopefully at least 1 emerges and can push into that top group

Gill to Fresno State.

Interesting that he didn't land at a P5.

I know he isn't a WR1, but thought his knowledge of the offense/Jurkovec and speed would have fit here.

WR is still the black hole on this roster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT