ADVERTISEMENT

James Conner presser 1:30

Dammit. That is never good for the school. Either way it's been a great career for James. Will this be televised on ROOT?

Kinda weird to do it before the bowl game. Maybe he's going to announce he'll play in the bowl game then turn pro.

Kinda weird to do it before the bowl game. Maybe he's going to announce he'll play in the bowl game then turn pro.
I thought that first too, but then I thought wouldn't he do it at least after we knew what bowl we were going to?

Nonetheless if he says he'll play in the bowl, I hope the conference ends with that.

EDIT: His mother and Coach Narduzzi will be with him. Not looking good for Pitt :(

Last edited:
I thought that first too, but then I thought wouldn't he do it at least after we knew what bowl we were going to?

Nonetheless if he says he'll play in the bowl, I hope the conference ends with that.

EDIT: His mother and Coach Narduzzi will be with him. Not looking good for Pitt :(
You just never know, maybe just maybe???

Selfishly, I'd love for both Boyd and Conner to stay but the right decision for those 2 is to go. They cant improve their draft stock very much by coming back for another year.

You just never know, maybe just maybe???
Do you know how close James is to graduating? 2 years of eligibility left, but was a junior this season before getting hurt. If he can graduate next year, Narduzzi seems like a family guy. I could see him telling him to have her there to announce he will play next season and least graduate from Pitt!

Reactions: shootitfrom3
Selfishly, I'd love for both Boyd and Conner to stay but the right decision for those 2 is to go. They cant improve their draft stock very much by coming back for another year.
I think Boyd is a different story. I think he's more nfl ready or at least would make scouts go crazier than Conner. But I think he hurt his stock drastically this season, so I could see him going either way. I just don't know why you would want to go if you're projected 4th round or so.

Prediction: He will announce he's turning pro. However, he will also announce he's going to play in the bowl game. He wants to play one more time with his teammates...

Unless he kills it in indy I can't see him being better than 4-5th round at best.

Talent wise?? I think he's first round. I think he will go pro but he is actually one player that would make much more money staying on year.

What a shock, certainly puts something as trivial as draft status in perspective. Luckily survival rates appear to be high. Thoughts with him and his family.

Prayers to J.C. Such an outstanding kid. I really think when he beats this after everything he's gone though he will be on a mission. Whenever he is healthy too, he will be back playing at Pitt! Overall though, just such a sad day. Undoubtedly one of the easiest kid's in college football to root for. Not only does Pitt owe it to him to win their bowl game, but #24's on their helmets or something like that needs to be done.

Also, the university really needs to start selling #24 jerseys, with the money going towards treatments for James and/or to research for Hodgkins and even other cancers.

God Bless James! Pittsburgh loves you!

I love this kid. Announced he has cancer and in the same PC he says "it will be fun" when asked about coming back to play.

Reactions: Pittx9
At this point, who cares what his plans are other than to give this one hell of a fight and pull through it.

I love this kid. Announced he has cancer and in the same PC he says "it will be fun" when asked about coming back to play.
I will be in tears when he takes the field again. There has NEVER been a better representative of this university. Larry is now a slightly distant 2, and he was one of the classiest athletes of all time.

Reactions: WNYPanther
He can look a mile down the road at a role model in how to approach beating this..... Mario Lemieux.

He can look a mile down the road at a role model in how to approach beating this..... Mario Lemieux.
I would really hope Mario reaches out to him.

Semi side note. I wish Villanova was not on the schedule next year and PSU was the opener. Whether James plays or not, his first time walking out with his teammates he deserves 65,000+ giving him a 10 minute standing ovation.

Such a sad day, but I know James will beat this! As sad it is, makes you feel so proud to be a Panther. Such a great kid, tough kid, doesn't deserve this to happen to him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT