ADVERTISEMENT

James Conner

Watching the Manning cast of the Ravens - Bucs game they had an update on Chargers - Cards. Kyler threw a pick, on the return JC punched it out TJ style, and AZ recovered. Belichick immediate said something like, “Yeah, James Conner. He’s just a football dude. He always plays hard. Put him at linebacker too!”

Watching the Manning cast of the Ravens - Bucs game they had an update on Chargers - Cards. Kyler threw a pick, on the return JC punched it out TJ style, and AZ recovered. Belichick immediate said something like, “Yeah, James Conner. He’s just a football dude. He always plays hard. Put him at linebacker too!”
Here’s the play. Couldn’t find Bill’s comments.

what's weird is i always thought that we over used him in pittsburgh and he should have been a 1B type of RB, a 50/50 guy and that was a big reason for his injuries..

But what's weird, if you look at his time in pittsburgh vs arizona, they actually use him very similar. over 14 carries a game both in pittsburgh and AZ. Receptions are similar too. If anything, AZ uses him more..

Its weird but sometimes a change of scenery is needed to break the injury bug. Dude had some really bad luck here with injuries and obviously that's not the case in AZ.. One of those "best for both party" breakups.

Glad to see him doing so well though.

what's weird is i always thought that we over used him in pittsburgh and he should have been a 1B type of RB, a 50/50 guy and that was a big reason for his injuries..

But what's weird, if you look at his time in pittsburgh vs arizona, they actually use him much more, both in rushing attempts and receptions. and yet he has remained healthy in AZ and not at all in pittsburgh..

Here is my medical diagnosis, sometimes it's just bad luck and Sh*t happens more in one place than another. Dude just had rotten luck here in pittsburgh. Yep, i know, pretty clinical stuff there. Great to see him do so well though.
Yeah - he was essentially a change of pace back in Arizona for a couple seasons , until injuries increased his usage .
Probably allowed him to finally get healthy .

Reactions: blairdawg
As a secondary back ? Instead of primary ?
How is he being used differently ?
I think the game has changed a little and there are not many backs in the league that are the old 20-25 carries a game. Most would not hold up doing that game after game. I think the Steelers were still in that mentality after Bell and he obviously had the injuries. He seems good with the workload he is getting now but that is probably closer to 15 carries a game on average and has been pretty good catching the ball out of the backfield. I think he has just settled in and the injury bug has stayed away which isn't something you can really put blame on anyone for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT