ADVERTISEMENT

James Franklin, ex-Penn State doctor had strained relationship, per testimony in wrongful termination trial

How much more evidence do people need? But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. As long as you win, fans of some schools can forgive anything.

Reactions: djbpitt and 303vND
Reactions: bschulter
I'm no fan of Franklin, but Narduzzi has had plenty of strained relationships, too. Being a football coach requires a discipline and intensity that can repel some people.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I'm no fan of Franklin, but Narduzzi has had plenty of strained relationships, too. Being a football coach requires a discipline and intensity that can repel some people.
When you put the physical health of these athletes in danger, it is not about strained relationships. We ain't talkin' bout strained relationships, WE TALKIN' ABOUT INJURIES!

Does it ever stop with these people?!! The only thing left is the chainsaw.

Has the Pittsburgh media covered this at all?
Not that I'm aware of and it's pathetic since we live in a world with so much accountability etc. All 3 Pittsburgh tv news channels need to do a segment about this BS risking permanent injury to players. Smh unbelievable

Reactions: bschulter
Not that I'm aware of and it's pathetic since we live in a world with so much accountability etc. All 3 Pittsburgh tv news channels need to do a segment about this BS risking permanent injury to players. Smh unbelievable
They still haven't covered the Sandusky and JokePa stories yet. It shows you that Pittsburgh newspapers and television are entertainment and not news media. They are Ped State echo chamber amplifiers.

They're the State school and this is their number 1 market. They get fair and unbiased coverage here.
You're not seeing anything? That's because all this is spewing from jealous pitt fans.
It shows you that Pittsburgh newspapers and television are entertainment and not news media. They are Ped State echo chamber amplifiers.

They're the State school and this is their number 1 market. They get fair and unbiased coverage here.
You're not seeing anything? That's because all this is spewing from jealous pitt fans.
Maybe so. I don't read any of it because I don't live there and Pittsburgh media has been trash for 25+ years and nothing I have heard has convinced me they aren't still trash.
But are you saying the Patriot News is not fair and unbiased towards the Peds? Was that Pulitzer Prize the one awarded for bias?
It shouldn't matter what their market is. News media is supposed to cover the news. By choosing not to cover the negative stories about the state football factory masquerading as a school, Pittsburgh media is complicit in the cover-ups.
Just speculating here, but if one would genotype the herpes viruses from Ron Cook and Bob Smizik's lips, it would match the virus from the base of Paterno and Sandusky's genitals.

There’s always two sides to every story, but this side doesn’t shed a very good light on the AD and head coach of
the football program at the school to the east.
Here’s part of the other side of the story if anyone cares to read. It paints a far more reasonable picture of what probably happened.

Here’s part of the other side of the story if anyone cares to read. It paints a far more reasonable picture of what probably happened.

Let me guess. You also think Sandusky is innocent based off his defense attorney.

Let me guess. You also think Sandusky is innocent based off his defense attorney.
One of Sandusky’s defense attorneys ended up in jail himself for stealing money from his clients to feed his gambling addiction. And the lead attorney was some local schmuck. I don’t give two craps about Sandusky. I don’t come here to troll you guys. Check out my posting history if you don’t believe me.

But reading this, and knowing some other things, I believe this is a more reasonable version. Read the article - it’s not the defense attorney’s words, it’s the plaintiff’s words that are damning.

One of Sandusky’s defense attorneys ended up in jail himself for stealing money from his clients to feed his gambling addiction. And the lead attorney was some local schmuck. I don’t give two craps about Sandusky. I don’t come here to troll you guys. Check out my posting history if you don’t believe me.

But reading this, and knowing some other things, I believe this is a more reasonable version. Read the article - it’s not the defense attorney’s words, it’s the plaintiff’s words that are damning.

Frankin is a liar.

Reactions: pierre93

Frankin is a liar.
Cool. That article says the district attorney said Franklin did nothing wrong. But like I said, I’m not here to troll. This is your sandbox so I’ll stop posting in this thread unless someone has a legitimate question for me.

Cool. That article says the district attorney said Franklin did nothing wrong. But like I said, I’m not here to troll. This is your sandbox so I’ll stop posting in this thread unless someone has a legitimate question for me.
Why the flip are you even on a Pitt board? Beat it!

It must be hard work trying to constantly defend Franklin. He seems to wind up involved in a legal action once every offseason.

Thanks, I guess.

That was really nothing but a recap of Franklin's defense lawyer's cross examination from court; so in that case it certainly was the other side of the story.

Well here's what the jury thought:

Dr. Lynch awarded $5.25 million: $250K in compensatory damages and $5m in punitive damages.

Some more real 'success with honor' there.

Last edited:

Dr. Lynch awarded $5.25 million: $250K in compensatory damages and $5m in punitive damages.

The jury must not have been in the courtroom when the defense attorney laid out his "far more reasonable picture" of what happened.

Why was it ‘stunning’ ?. The amount?

5.2M ...... just add a $2 exit fee to all flunk & drop outs from their 87 branch campuses.....oh and the prestigious world campus as well to cover this cost

Where does all this money to fund Penn State football's follies come from??

I honestly don't care if this was Franklin or Duzz or anyone else. Coaches pushing for guys to get back on the field before they're cleared is the king of garbage that made me hate any trip to the trainer and risk getting held out of practice or a game. "Trainer said you were in to visit. That *body part* isn't going to keep you from missing any meetings for treatment, right?"

I’m a little surprised at the verdict and the judgment amount, but I’m even more surprised that Penn State let this thing get to trial. They probably should have settled this years ago.

Reactions: pittdan77
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT