ADVERTISEMENT

Jamie finally willing to change

cdmg

All Conference
Gold Member
Mar 22, 2006
I like that Jamie is letting his guys play basketball. Letting them push it up the floor and shoot if they come across an open shot. The offense has a lot more flow to it. Instead of the old walk it up, run a play to death, let the other team get set in your defense and press to get a shot off with the shot clock running down. The guys are playing more relaxed because they can take some shots without the fear of getting bitched at or yanked. And I think it has allowed the players to find a rhythm. Running and gunning so to speak, but still taking good shots not forcing shots. Turnovers have not that bad either with this new style of play. And defensively Pitt applying pressure full court under 2 min. with the lead so Syracuse can't get right into their perfect set offensively is awesome. Jamie would have never done that before. And even picking up your man full court which the guards did just slows them down a bit and forces them to work a little harder to get into their sets makes a big difference over the course of a game. And it doesn't have to be a hard trapping press, just disruptive pressure. Also Jamie is using multiple defenses not just using man to man. I like the changes. If we played yesterday the way we use to I think we lose that game and the ND game as well. Glad to see Jamie is changing with the times. If we continue to play with this type of style I think we could attract more recruits who want to run up and down the floor and have fun playing basketball. It is definitely more fun to watch as a fan and I think as a player, then the walk it up and run the shot clock down pace of play. The energy at the Pete yesterday was unbelievable !! Pitt just might sneak in the tourney if they keep playing this style and gaining more and more confidence with each game. i.e. Sheldon Jeter, the dude can play he just needs more minutes and the freedom to high energy basketball. He's got the body and the attitude to get after it this team had been lacking. He could be coming along at the perfect time for this team to make a run. Let's hope he gets his chance!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News