ADVERTISEMENT

Jamie has a chance to finish above .500 in league for 1st time in 10 years

Has there ever been any hard evidence of him being aloof or is this a weird byproduct of the eye contact thing?

I know a few people who’ve met him. And they’re nobodies in terms of donors or with the program. Spoke glowingly of him and how engaging he was. Even remembered one buddy a year later even though their conversation was relatively brief.
Just what we heard about from recruits/parents.

As far as his personality, through my own experiences he’s awesome. I’ve sat down with him on a couple of occasions. Nothing major but during season ticket holder events, etc. he had a way of making me feel important even though I was a nobody. Brandin Knight was the same way when on staff. Loved those guys.

He is going to take TCU to the tournament for 3 straight times for the first time in their history in the toughest conference. After taking Pitt to their only 2 #1 seeds in 3 years in what was then the toughest conference. Making history twice at 2 schools that don't traditionally do well at basketball is not "mediocre". Also, you clearly haven't watched them play because they play the exact opposite ways of the boring Pitt teams he had.

Going to the tournament 3 straight years. 😂

Reactions: jctrack
Nothing like a good Jamie Dixon thread to get mud slinging.

Let's be honest. Jamie never had a knack for the ACC, and the last 4 years are incomparable because NIL has made it basically a different sport. It's not really surprising that Jeff has improved as payments have become legal.

Going 42% in the B12 and making the tournament 3 straight years while never finishing above .500 should tell anyone with a brain that there’s a problem with the system and someone has figured out how to game it.

The ACC better figure out how to game it. I think one of the reasons that the bubble is so strong this year is because everyone else has figured it out. Jamie is being Jamie. 2-10 vs Q1. Undefeated vs the Q2-4. Participation points for showing up is how you get in in the Big 12 and he knows that. He better not lose to UCF

Dixon currently pounding the hoopies. West Virginia quit playing defense the last couple of games and tonight they are doing the same.

Love seeing them tank.

He just put 93 points on the WVU squad of overpaid quitters. WVU stuck on 9 wins for the season with a final game at Cincinnati Saturday. It’s for the Bob Huggins crystal bourbon shot glass trophy

Reactions: pierre93
He just put 93 points on the WVU squad of overpaid quitters. WVU stuck on 9 wins for the season with a final game at Cincinnati Saturday. It’s for the Bob Huggins crystal bourbon shot glass trophy

WVU probably has a Top 20 payroll and they won 9 games. I cant believe that

1. The boosters decided to continue to pay Kriisa, Edwards, and Battle when it became apparent this year wasn't going to go how they thought. They thought they were buying a Final Four team before Huggy made his drunken drive.

2. That those 3 didnt look around and try to get similar money elsewhere after Huggy.

Just a weird scenario that you had 3 guys making so much money for such a bad team.

Before NIl the locker room, weight room, and amenities mattered big time. They were really the most important thing.

1. The boosters decided to continue to pay Kriisa, Edwards, and Battle when it became apparent this year wasn't going to go how they thought. They thought they were buying a Final Four team before Huggy made his drunken drive.

2. That those 3 didnt look around and try to get similar money elsewhere after Huggy.

Just a weird scenario that you had 3 guys making so much money for such a bad team.
I can't believe it either. Oh wait, I told you 100x before the season that would happen.

Insider KNOWS CBB

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer

Didn't you have them in the tourney when they got their guys back.

No. If I said that, I was joking as they lost far too many games already. If those 3 played the entire season, I think they go somewhere around .500 in the B12 and make the NCAAT. They didnt play together until January 27 and by then the season was over and it was too late to build any continuity.

• Wow

When they got the ruling that those guys could play in December, he absolutely said they could still make the tournament, that they were going to be that good. They had four games left in the non-conference schedule at the time.

Since then they are 5-16.

Close. So, so close.

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Geez I talked UCF into it, did not see that performance coming at all.

Geez I talked UCF into it, did not see that performance coming at all.
I don't TCU is worthy of an NCAA bid. At times very sloppy with ball.
Inconsistent game performances. Plus, lately players on other teams have
been having career games; WVU's big (from Syracuse) had 30+ points
(TCU couldn't stop him) and today a USF player had a career day. Not a good
look for Jamie. IMO Pitt better team right now.

Again failed to reach .500 in conference play. Been since 2014. He is a good coach but also lucky he gets NET credit for getting off the bus for Big 12 games. Got lucky yesterday that they picked up 2 Q1 wins from others moving up. They beat TT at home and they moved up to 30. They beat KSt on the road and they moved up to 71. Also, TCU's NET only dropped to 1 to 39. They are 4-10 in Q1 but only 3-1 in Q2 since every B12 game is a Q1. 7-11 in the 1st w Quads isnt good. They best not lose to Oklahoma on Wednesday because 7-12 in the 1st 2 quads plus TT and KSt falling back down to Q2 and I'm not sure they get in.

Again failed to reach .500 in conference play. Been since 2014. He is a good coach but also lucky he gets NET credit for getting off the bus for Big 12 games. Got lucky yesterday that they picked up 2 Q1 wins from others moving up. They beat TT at home and they moved up to 30. They beat KSt on the road and they moved up to 71. Also, TCU's NET only dropped to 1 to 39. They are 4-10 in Q1 but only 3-1 in Q2 since every B12 game is a Q1. 7-11 in the 1st w Quads isnt good. They best not lose to Oklahoma on Wednesday because 7-12 in the 1st 2 quads plus TT and KSt falling back down to Q2 and I'm not sure they get in.
Their true metrics and NET are almost identical to ours, down to a pathetically easy non-con and being propped up by conference play (B12 NET relative strength vs. our conference road wins).

They lost at home to UCF.

Where do they stand in their league?

I think they’re in even with a loss on Wednesday, but it would probably put them in Dayton.

I think they’re in even with a loss on Wednesday, but it would probably put them in Dayton.

Yea, I think if they lose and make it, its Dayton for sure. Pitt vs TCU in Dayton is good TV. But, Oklahoma State didnt make it last year with a 6-12 Q1 record. TCU would be 4-11, maybe 2-11 if TT and KSt drop back down. They better not lose or they'll be sweating. Nobody does the bubble like Jamie.

When they got the ruling that those guys could play in December, he absolutely said they could still make the tournament, that they were going to be that good. They had four games left in the non-conference schedule at the time.

Since then they are 5-16.

Close. So, so close.
And they lost to Cinncy yesterday by 36 points. Those 3 great transfers combined for 23 points and 9 rebounds.

Yea, I think if they lose and make it, its Dayton for sure. Pitt vs TCU in Dayton is good TV. But, Oklahoma State didnt make it last year with a 6-12 Q1 record. TCU would be 4-11, maybe 2-11 if TT and KSt drop back down. They better not lose or they'll be sweating. Nobody does the bubble like Jamie.
This is some unbelievable stuff. We all love Jamie but those who still wear their JIGer cards around their necks are even having a hard time defending this.

(My JIGer membership card is still in my underwear drawer under my socks. I reserve the right to bring in back out when he finishes top half of the B12 or beats a higher seeded team in the NCAA.)

This is some unbelievable stuff. We all love Jamie but those who still wear their JIGer cards around their necks are even having a hard time defending this.

(My JIGer membership card is still in my underwear drawer under my socks. I reserve the right to bring in back out when he finishes top half of the B12 or beats a higher seeded team in the NCAA.)

I like Jamie. I will be forever grateful for what he did. Dixon 2 = Capel 2 and I'm good with both. But he has proven to be a slightly above average coach and I dont want to hear all the "TCU never did anything before he got there." They spent $14 on basketball and were basically playing in D3, NAIA, or maybe it was that Christian school league. It wasnt the same.

I like Jamie. I will be forever grateful for what he did. Dixon 2 = Capel 2 and I'm good with both. But he has proven to be a slightly above average coach and I dont want to hear all the "TCU never did anything before he got there." They spent $14 on basketball and were basically playing in D3, NAIA, or maybe it was that Christian school league. It wasnt the same.
And for anyone who contends that he’s the same coach he was in the Dixon 1 era, and those guys exist…if he could do it then at penny pinching Pitt, then he should be doing it now at TCU with the resources they have. And he’s not even close.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
Are you calling them quitters, then? Hardly the makings of a final-four team. You can't have it both ways.

Yes. Season was over by the time they all got together. No time to gel. Nothing to play for. Lame duck coaching staff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT