ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Wright on Pitt

They're old and I wouldn't want to have to play them if they're an 8/9 against Purdue.

Nice to hear props from the best in the game
I know some think an 8/9 game isn't a big deal this season but I disagree. If Pitt keeps taking care of business they better not be anywhere close to an 8/9 seed. I don't think even now they should be on that line. I think right now they should be a solid 6.

Tennessee, 3rd in the NET, 3 seed in the reveal. St. Mary's, 7th in the NET, not in the top four seeds. UConn, 8th in the NET, not in the top four seeds. Xavier, 26th in the NET, a four seed. Miami, 30th in the NET, mentioned by the committee chair as one of the teams that just missed.

Hmmmmm. It's almost as if there is more to this than just the NET rankings.

Tennessee, 3rd in the NET, 3 seed in the reveal. St. Mary's, 7th in the NET, not in the top four seeds. UConn, 8th in the NET, not in the top four seeds. Xavier, 26th in the NET, a four seed. Miami, 30th in the NET, mentioned by the committee chair as one of the teams that just missed.

Hmmmmm. It's almost as if there is more to this than just the NET rankings.
Serious question do they still look at RPI?

Reactions: Millerton24
I know some think an 8/9 game isn't a big deal this season but I disagree. If Pitt keeps taking care of business they better not be anywhere close to an 8/9 seed. I don't think even now they should be on that line. I think right now they should be a solid 6.
Based on emotion. If they win today if will give them the needed Q1 win to continue to move up. All the teams above them have either more Q1/2 wins or less bad losses. Who is the other top 7 seed with a quad 3 and 4 loss right now? Iowa, but they are 11-7 against q1/2 and we are 7-8/5-6 depending on day. Maryland and Illinois same number of wins, but not the losses.

Reactions: PittPoker
Ahhh man I was hoping this wouldn't be another NET thread.

Well, if you wanna turn it into a quads thread instead, give me a "Hell yeah!'

stone-cold-steve-austin-run-over.gif

images

• Haha
Reactions: Drew1208
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT