ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry West enters the portal...

I just posted this to see if there's any WVU hate :)

nobody responded because they wanted to hate but held back because the guy just died, but he was an all-time great college and pro player.

Always a Meadville favorite as he played with 6’11” Lloyd Sharr at WVU. The manager of the team was James hatheway a Meadville native who was our announcer at home games for over 30 years. I was fortunate enough to have him take me to Cleveland for a game and got to meet Mr. West.

Reactions: HOF Coach
If I knew how to do it, I’d paste a picture of me and Mr. West. Me in my Pitt shirt, he in his WV. Classic photo at the Greenbrier pro-am. I shot 79. Played with Trevor Immelman.

The Lakers played a preseason game once in Montana when I lived there. I was wearing Pitt gear and he saw me after the game. He came to me and said, “the best shooter he ever played against in college and pros was Don Hennon”. That made me proud to be a Pitt fan.

I'm old enough to remember him and Gail Goodrich, Wilt and the Lakers taking on Willis Reed, Earl the Pearl Monroe, Bill Bradley and the Knicks.....that got me interested in basketball

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT