ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Flaherty to the portal

I remember watching him on SCTV when I was in 4th grade. Funny guy.

Sorry to hear. His younger brother was a classmate of mine @ St. Philomena's grade school

Rest in peace, Count Floyd. "Very, very scarey"

fwiw: Joe Flahrety's character "Count Floyd" was based on an early WTAE local TV show, "Shock Theater". Sir Rodger was the quasi-werewolf host who seems to have been the template for Eddie in the Munsters.

Rest in peace, Count Floyd. "Very, very scarey"

fwiw: Joe Flahrety's character "Count Floyd" was based on an early WTAE local TV show, "Shock Theater". Sir Rodger was the quasi-werewolf host who seems to have been the template for Eddie in the Munsters.
I remember Rege Cordic . Not Sir Rodger .

Au Contraire!
"Shock Theatre" ran from 1958 through 1962.
Conversely, "Chiller Theatre" ran from 1963 through 1984. Terminal Stare?
When Flahrety did his Count Floyd on SCTV the show was titled "Monster Chiller Horror Theatre", a shout out to Bill Cardile.

Been rewatching "Freeks and Geeks" on Prime. He played the dad on there.

Also, Rush used to play a video of him as Count Floyd at the start of their concert..."Very Scary!"

Reactions: TD_6082
Been rewatching "Freeks and Geeks" on Prime. He played the dad on there.

Also, Rush used to play a video of him as Count Floyd at the start of their concert..."Very Scary!"
Loved that show. Can't believe it only lasted for one season. Most went on to a lot of bigger and better things.

Loved that show. Can't believe it only lasted for one season. Most went on to a lot of bigger and better things.
Agreed. And it was created by Judd Apatow who made a ton of great comedies starting with 40 Year Old Virgin.

Reactions: TD_6082
I remember when Flaherty guest starred on Married With Children as Al Bundy's dentist and he was hilarious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT