ADVERTISEMENT

Joe moorhead alert

38860995.png

His brother: Joe Rockhead

• Haha
Reactions: latz66
I know Akron isn't a great program, but taking the OC job at Pitt is still a step down from the HC position. I'd find it hard to believe he'd do that unless it was a substantial pay raise.

Reactions: cease10
Moorhead had one good season at PsU with 8 NFL players. He went to Mississippi St. with a good QB and couldn’t score points. Went to Oregon and put up average numbers. He has obviously sucked at Akron and his offenses have been atrocious.

If the guy wasn’t from Pittsburgh no one would want him. PASS!

Moorhead had one good season at PsU with 8 NFL players. He went to Mississippi St. with a good QB and couldn’t score points. Went to Oregon and put up average numbers. He has obviously sucked at Akron and his offenses have been atrocious.

This is a good litmus test for OC candidates. If there wasn't a previous connection with the city, team, or coach, would they be a candidate? I feel the same way with the Steelers every time I see Leftwich mentioned as a candidate.

I know Akron isn't a great program, but taking the OC job at Pitt is still a step down

This is true, but where is he going to
get another HC job after Akron. He
already dropped down from Miss. ST
to Akron. The next HC job for him
would more than likely be lower than
crummy Akron. Sooooo.....the Pitt OC
might be a good move for him at this
time. BTW, he did great as PSU's OC.
Maybe like Paul Chryst who was a
lousy HC here, and fired at his Alma
Mater (Wisconsin), Moorehead is
OC material and not OH material.

Not saying I want him, just giving a
different perspective on him.

I know Akron isn't a great program, but taking the OC job at Pitt is still a step down from the HC position. I'd find it hard to believe he'd do that unless it was a substantial pay raise.
I'm pretty certain it is a pay raise, although I'm not sure quite how much. It could be 30% or more.

Heard he was having drinks with Ron Cook and Tom Bradley and was spotted at Sheetz near Cranberry getting a full tank before heading g back to Akron.

I agree with this. He had all the tools at PSU during his good run there, and since then, meh. His offense is no longer new and innovative. Pass.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
I doubt it’s Moorhead but I’m willing to bet it will be some recycled older coach who will underwhelm the fan base. Duzz track record in hiring coordinators, especially OCs almost guarantees it

Reactions: latz66 and Dan1911
Then he i
Heard he was having drinks with Ron Cook and Tom Bradley and was spotted at Sheetz near Cranberry getting a full tank before heading g back to Akron.
Then he is a complete moron because gas is 30 cents per gallon cheaper in Ohio!
And they have Sheetz too!!

Reactions: Dan1911
He left the OC spot at Oregon to be the HC at Akron. If he already chose to be the HC at Akron over one of the top OC spots in the country, I just don't see how he leaves Akron to go anywhere to be a coordinator.

Last edited:
He left the OC spot at Oegon to be the HC at Akron. If he already chose to be the HC at Akron over one of the top OC spots in the country, I just don't see how he leaves Akron to go anywhere to be a coordinator.
Because he is close to losing his HC gig

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT