ADVERTISEMENT

Kaboly out at the Athletic

You guys sound like those political cucks (Ski, that's for you) who just parrot "everything about my team good, everything about the other team is bad."
Yeah tell me about.

Dorin is awesome! He’s the bestest ever (Pitt homers)

Dorin is pretty blah ( the rest of the world objectively. )

And yes that’s what we see in politics. That’s a bingo, Owt.

Yeah, this. I think Mark got a little cocky the last couple of years and I don't think the fat jokes really bother him but some of this is way over the top.
people were commenting on his mother who passed away years ago, i mean in every tweet. just sickening. could you imagine being so triggered by a sports opinion that you verbally attack a media member and their family with vile insults.

social media was truly a curse for all of us.

it's disgusting how alot of these media members are spoken too every day on twitter. listen, many are annoying, egotistical with zero leads, acting like they have all the inside sources. i get it. but man, you read some of these guys, no matter if its zeise, poni, this guy, pick a local guy and 2/3rd of the replies are like this.. i think Madden eventually turned off replies..

i just dont get it. argue, refute them, agree with them but just the hatred and insults spewed their way is insane. it's pathetic..
Hard to believe bombastic assholes trigger bombastic asshole responses ?’v

Yeah tell me about.

Dorin is awesome! He’s the bestest ever (Pitt homers)

Dorin is pretty blah ( the rest of the world objectively. )

And yes that’s what we see in politics. That’s a bingo, Owt.
And what I meant by that applies to both sides of the aisle, as it does sports fans. Someone (doesn't matter who) can get up there to give a speech and be Opie from Family guy, and one side will talk about how brilliant and wonderful the speech is. Same thing, flip the sides, someone can start quoting Joyce from Ulysses and the same side will blast them for being idiotic while the other side cheers. That's what most do and/or evaluate sports media on...."do they like my team?"

For reference,

National NFL corespondent for the McAfee show. He fell forward.

Apparently he’s valued more than message board guys.

Reactions: pittdan77
And what I meant by that applies to both sides of the aisle, as it does sports fans. Someone (doesn't matter who) can get up there to give a speech and be Opie from Family guy, and one side will talk about how brilliant and wonderful the speech is. Same thing, flip the sides, someone can start quoting Joyce from Ulysses and the same side will blast them for being idiotic while the other side cheers. That's what most do and/or evaluate sports media on...."do they like my team?"

For reference,

I feel the same way when people gush about Louis Riddick. I find him to be a very generic and boring commentator. He doesn't add unique insight. He's a more likable Mark Schlereth- both guys just spout clichés about toughness and buckling up your chinstrap.

Kaboly sucked……..like a few other Pittsburgh media types but with the Steelers being the end all be all there has to be 25 media members all just stepping in it to get some kind of a story first

Or just repeating something they heard because they don’t have any real story

Kaboly sucked……..like a few other Pittsburgh media types but with the Steelers being the end all be all there has to be 25 media members all just stepping in it to get some kind of a story first

Or just repeating something they heard because they don’t have any real story
The beat reporters rarely break any stories anymore. Kaboly thinks way too highly of himself, particularly on social media. He lost the essence of what it means to be a reporter and instead wanted to be more like those guys on ESPN as an entertainer. There are way too many good writers on smaller sites that break down film and provide outstanding content and actual reporters who stick to their roles.

But his persona worked out for him as he's working for McAfee now. For his sake I'm glad he got a job right away because it was lousy he got fired right at the start of the season. I think this new role is probably more in line with what he actually wants to do.

The beat reporters rarely break any stories anymore. Kaboly thinks way too highly of himself, particularly on social media. He lost the essence of what it means to be a reporter and instead wanted to be more like those guys on ESPN as an entertainer. There are way too many good writers on smaller sites that break down film and provide outstanding content and actual reporters who stick to their roles.

But his persona worked out for him as he's working for McAfee now. For his sake I'm glad he got a job right away because it was lousy he got fired right at the start of the season. I think this new role is probably more in line with what he actually wants to do.
You mean bloviate

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT