ADVERTISEMENT

Kade Bell Interview

Great interview. Clearly needs some seasoning about how to have a press conference but handled himself well. 12:02. Talks about having sex in the run game.

Success....he was nervous.

Yea, he said success but says it a little funny. I like the hire. I know its one press conference but I do think you can tell certain things from these situations. He reminded me of a "good Todd Graham" and I dont mean that to be negative. I mean he has some of the same offensive philosophies and comes across as an outsider with that thick southern accent but seems like an honest, genuine, great person. You can see that. He isnt a snake-oil salesman. You can see the emotion when he talked about making it. For him, this is making it. He worked to be here. And he also comes across as one of those young mad scientist coordinators. I think that's what we need. I know this is typical Pitt negative thinking but while watching, I felt he may not be here long....as in a southern OC job may come for him.

Yea, he said success but says it a little funny. I like the hire. I know its one press conference but I do think you can tell certain things from these situations. He reminded me of a "good Todd Graham" and I dont mean that to be negative. I mean he has some of the same offensive philosophies and comes across as an outsider with that thick southern accent but seems like an honest, genuine, great person. You can see that. He isnt a snake-oil salesman. You can see the emotion when he talked about making it. For him, this is making it. He worked to be here. And he also comes across as one of those young mad scientist coordinators. I think that's what we need. I know this is typical Pitt negative thinking but while watching, I felt he may not be here long....as in a southern OC job may come for him.
I agree. Maybe not the mad scientist bit, though. He didn't reinvent the wheel with his/his father's system.

Excellent interview...excellent man. Great hire. I hope everyone gives him a chance if we start off slow at the beginning of the season.

He spoke about molding the offence around the players he has. Well, we have had OCs before make this statement but it never happened. I hope that it does this time.

I liked what I heard. I imagine Bartholomew is excited. I believe he was underutilized last year.

If Bell is true to his word Bartholomew could have an outstanding year.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this new offense.

Incidentally, I view Bell as much more sincere than Todd Graham.

Also, I agree with Bell's philosophy about a 21-point lead. That's the time to step on their neck. The goal with a 21-point lead should never be to simply maintain that lead. The goal should be to get that lead to 28.

I liked what I heard. I imagine Bartholomew is excited. I believe he was underutilized last year.

If Bell is true to his word Bartholomew could have an outstanding year.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this new offense.

Incidentally, I view Bell as much more sincere than Todd Graham.

Also, I agree with Bell's philosophy about a 21-point lead. That's the time to step on their neck. The goal with a 21-point lead should never be to simply maintain that lead. The goal should be to get that lead to 28.
In theory I like keeping on the gas but just wait until the game we are up a few scores and have a few quick 3 and out and let the other team come back to win. It is a double edged sword

Best comment by Coach Bell — and to paraphrase — when you get a lead, you don’t sit on it, you step on your opponent’s neck…

Sounds like a new era of Pitt offense…

Go Pitt.
Mike Sullivan agrees. It only cost him two Cups in my opinion. I know he means conservative play call is not the way to go once you’re up, but there is a time to work the clock late in the game and he knows this. At least I think he does.

Success....he was nervous.
Yeah, you could tell he was nervous. He was the same way last night in front of all those people at the NLI event. Likely never had to deal with anything to this scale at the other schools he's coached at, and he's still young.

Coaching football will be much easier for him than talking to reporters and crowds.

In college ball you can be up by 21 and in a blink be down by 7, so we are going to score and not sit back protecting the lead… damn i liked that.
This is football ^^^

This is also the type of mindset the Steelers need to adopt.

If anything is "modern" football, it's getting a big lead and trying to make it bigger, instead of sitting on it out of FEAR, FEAR is actually what drives "old school" football.

In theory I like keeping on the gas but just wait until the game we are up a few scores and have a few quick 3 and out and let the other team come back to win. It is a double edged sword
The game at Iowa under Todd Graham was nauseating because of this. I think we were up 24 in the 4th Q. If you literally kneel the ball, waste every second of the play clock, and go 3-out on every possession - Iowa had no chance to win. Instead we threw incompletions all over the field and saw one of the more disgusting losses of my lifetime.

The high tempo for 4 quarter stuff has kind of settled down. It's the ability to play specific tempos most of the elite guys are seeking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT