ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Minchey coming back to Pitt?

The Irish also have a 4* QB commited for this years' class and another one for next year. Lots of competition.

I would guess the new OC would need to come first before any transfer QB considers coming. The thing that bothered me most about Minchey besides losing him was how late in the process he decommited. It only left Pitt about a month to scramble to land a QB in the class, but I understand with these guys that things change.

I'm sure if he approached Pitt about coming here he would be welcome. And he should be. He has talent.

Does he have to flame out somewhere else first or will this be strictly a bottom of the depth chart decision ala CV? Either way, yeah can't wait lol.

That Dude will be so far down the depth chart he should transfer anywhere. What will he be next year 4th in line? Never playing any meaningful time there. What the hell goes thru these kids heads? I mean shit I would rather go anywhere and play than ride pine for four years. Have fun playing scout QB for 3 years. He is wasting his time….

Last edited:
College sports now is just a cesspool of professional athletes posing as college students, which is a joke. Every year, there are hundreds of players selling themselves to the highest bidders and you never know from one year to the next who's on what team.

College sports now is just a cesspool of professional athletes posing as college students, which is a joke. Every year, there are hundreds of players selling themselves to the highest bidders and you never know from one year to the next who's on what team.
#1 Reason why you can go from Champs to Chumps in 2 years.
The fans are the ones who lose.
Even if your team buys a few players and wins, it is still cheapened .
College Football is not the same and will lose fans that have a brain.

#1 Reason why you can go from Champs to Chumps in 2 years.
The fans are the ones who lose.
Even if your team buys a few players and wins, it is still cheapened .
College Football is not the same and will lose fans that have a brain.

Team identities are gone completely. That's something I miss about college sports. But there will be those who say move on, it's the 21st century now and it's all different. Well, different isn't always better.

Yes, he's behind a redshirt freshman many Notre Dame fans don't seem to think too highly of. He has the arm talent, so I don't mean to suggest that is up for debate. But it's at least safe to say he isn't crushing it if he's not even on the two-deep (true freshman; I get it). His committable offer sheet wasn't exactly off the charts; he just impressed in shorts at the Elite 11 and then got a big bump after flipping to Notre Dame became imminent. Pretty sure he wasn't their first choice, though. I know they wanted to flip the dude at Purdue.

Let him rot on the bench.

He committed to Pitt then reneged and wanted to play for Notre Dame….

His only problem is, he ain’t playin’!

I don't love the perception Narduzzi is creating by accepting all these guys who scoffed Pitt back into the program. I mean it's one thing if we offered them and they didn't commit to Pitt. But when they were either committed to Pitt... or they were a local who lambasted Pitt for not offering early enough... or they were a local who reduced their list from like 12 programs to 10 programs just to exclude Pitt... I just don't like that. It has to have a negative influence on local recruiting.

I don't know. I guess you have to swallow as much pride as possible when you're in our situation.

Reactions: pittmeister
I don't love the perception Narduzzi is creating by accepting all these guys who scoffed Pitt back into the program. I mean it's one thing if we offered them and they didn't commit to Pitt. But when they were either committed to Pitt... or they were a local who lambasted Pitt for not offering early enough... or they were a local who reduced their list from like 12 programs to 10 programs just to exclude Pitt... I just don't like that. It has to have a negative influence on local recruiting.

I don't know. I guess you have to swallow as much pride as possible when you're in our situation.
Nardon'tzi can't be very picky. he has struggled to have enough warm bodies in his two deep the past couple of years.

But his recruiting has been "improving" the past few years per some on the board.

Minchey isn’t even in the portal, but the QB coach that was his Pitt connection is now at BC and FCJ, who was the OC recruiting him, has been canned.
Yeah. Even if he enters the portal, not sure why he would be looking at Pitt.

Who was his contact at Pitt besides FCJ?

FCJ must have had some contacts at the QB Academy in Nashville. He offered a number of their guys. He was the first to offer Cody Pagach & George McIntyre, in addition to going in early on Minchey. McIntyre's stock has skyrocketed. He can pretty much name his school. I'm not sure Pagach had a committable offer once Dugger committed.

Yes, he's behind a redshirt freshman many Notre Dame fans don't seem to think too highly of. He has the arm talent, so I don't mean to suggest that is up for debate. But it's at least safe to say he isn't crushing it if he's not even on the two-deep (true freshman; I get it). His committable offer sheet wasn't exactly off the charts; he just impressed in shorts at the Elite 11 and then got a big bump after flipping to Notre Dame became imminent. Pretty sure he wasn't their first choice, though. I know they wanted to flip the dude at Purdue.
CV has “arm” talent. People way over rate qbs physical tools when the difference between good qbs and stiffs is what’s between the ears Not saying that physical tools are irrelevant but you can have average physical tools and be a great qb if you have the intangibles between the ears (pocket presence, vision , reading defenses etc). Doesn’t matter how great the physical tools are if you don’t have the later

Yeah. Even if he enters the portal, not sure why he would be looking at Pitt.

Who was his contact at Pitt besides FCJ?

FCJ must have had some contacts at the QB Academy in Nashville. He offered a number of their guys. He was the first to offer Cody Pagach & George McIntyre, in addition to going in early on Minchey. McIntyre's stock has skyrocketed. He can pretty much name his school. I'm not sure Pagach had a committable offer once Dugger committed.
Jonathan Dibiaso. He was a GA but at one point he was referred to as Asst QB Coach. He was a GA under FCJ at BC. I think he was the Nashville connection from having also worked at Vandy. He sort of faded out of the picture last spring and after a gap, posted that he was at BC. Not sure if he wanted to get back home (Mass) or what.

Should add that when we talk about young coaches that recruit, he seemed to fit that part. He also had good report with the Florida QB that ended up committing to Ole Miss. I don’t know if his leaving was a cause or effect of that kid losing interest in Pitt. But he seemed to be getting a higher calibre of QB to consider the Panthers.

Last edited:
Reactions: TD_6082
CV has “arm” talent. People way over rate qbs physical tools when the difference between good qbs and stiffs is what’s between the ears Not saying that physical tools are irrelevant but you can have average physical tools and be a great qb if you have the intangibles between the ears (pocket presence, vision , reading defenses etc). Doesn’t matter how great the physical tools are if you don’t have the later
Excited 2018 Nfl GIF by New England Patriots

ND is rumored to be in a strong position for Riley Leonard.

Rumors are it is between ND and Auburn, not Texas A&M.

No ND related rumors regarding Cam Ward among ND recruiting guys.

CJ Carr (Lloyd Carr's grandson) will enroll in January. Deuce Knight is committed for 2025.

Besides Minchey, Steve Angeli is on the current roster. Sam Hartman's college career is finally over. :)

ND is rumored to be in a strong position for Riley Leonard.

Rumors are it is between ND and Auburn, not Texas A&M.

No ND related rumors regarding Cam Ward among ND recruiting guys.

CJ Carr (Lloyd Carr's grandson) will enroll in January. Deuce Knight is committed for 2025.

Besides Minchey, Steve Angeli is on the current roster. Sam Hartman's college career is finally over. :)
No team does less with more than the domers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT