ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Dotson

Wow, you’re going way back. And both were major contributors for the Steelers. Brown was an All-Pro in ‘96 and left because the Steelers couldn’t afford him.
I think it was something about his wife liking sushi…

I think it was something about his wife liking sushi…
his wife said you cant get good sushi in pittsburgh and for some reason, it was a story..

Seahawks offered him huge money when he hit the FA market, i think they just went to a 3-4 defense too when everyone was mimicking the steelers zone blitzing scheme back in late 90s.

He started out inside and did well but moved to OLB and he had a great year, 96 i think. but he was a california guy as im sure his wife was and west coast types usually dont like our steel city.

Chad Brown left because there weren't any good sushi restaurants in Pittsburgh at the time. ;)
Talked directly to Chad Brown's wife at a CU homecoming game - who the sushi comment was attributed to - asked her directly about that and she was adamant that it was made up and she never said it.

Reactions: eastcoasthoops
his wife said you cant get good sushi in pittsburgh and for some reason, it was a story..

Seahawks offered him huge money when he hit the FA market, i think they just went to a 3-4 defense too when everyone was mimicking the steelers zone blitzing scheme back in late 90s.

He started out inside and did well but moved to OLB and he had a great year, 96 i think. but he was a california guy as im sure his wife was and west coast types usually dont like our steel city.
Seattle has great sushi.

Josh Dobbs?
This aged like milk.

Outside of a few examples like Brent Jones, Vrabel, Unitas and Len Dawson, most players mentioned weren’t deemed busts or cuts. They left because the Steelers couldn’t / wouldn’t pay them, or because the team had other options available at their position.

Reactions: Dan1911
yet another bad steeler player that left the team and excelled on another one. that list is long and distinguished..

sucks cause back in the day, it used to be the other way around
Happens to other teams too we just don’t follow or are aware of their mistakes like we follow the Steelers. You think 30 teams are getting killed for passing on JT WATT and Cam Heyward ?

Bringing up Board reminded me of another former Steeler who went on to be a Pro Bowler and favorite target of Joe Montana and an integral part of those great San Fran teams of the '80's, TE Brent Jones.
Two different styles of play. He fit the style the 49’s played way better than the Steelers

yet another bad steeler player that left the team and excelled on another one. that list is long and distinguished..

sucks cause back in the day, it used to be the other way around
When I read this, the first thing that popped into my head was when Bubby Brister had the "I believe in you. Yes you can!" banner put up in Three Rivers to try to inspire his garbage offensive line to play less like garbage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT