ADVERTISEMENT

Kingsby to LSU

It's amusing how the guy nobody seemed fussed about losing ends up with the best landing spot of our transfers/decommits.

Reactions: LeftCoastPanther
Fine. Good for him. But that's the last time I'll worry about him. He was never a Panther. HCJC has brought in several good players and those are the ones I'll be thinking about.
Agree but I also remember this post by hoopsuy72:

• If Luther stays healthy, he has a very solid final year at 'Zona. I think he averages close to a double-double there if his foot problems don't resurface.
  • Stewart has a very good career, with solid shooting and production for his remaining three years. Whether that's at a major or mid-major, who knows. I'm hearing that playing for his dad is still a strong possibility, but regardless of where he lands, I think he's a player to be reckoned with.
  • I like Carr's potential if he goes to the right program. I think if he lands at OSU or Michigan, he could wind up being an integral piece on a high-quality team. Minnesota or Marquette, who the heck knows. IMO, he's an idiot if he goes to MN or Marquette, as neither Pitino nor Wojo are particularly stable HCs and he could wind up in this same situation within a year or two (fired HC).
  • Golden is my sleeper. The kid has been rising up the rankings boards; he can shoot the ball, his older brother (who was not as highly ranked) is a stud at Richmond, and Bryce is the epitome of the 21st century 4. If he picks the right program, I think he's the kid of this bunch who could wind up being a star.
  • Kingsby, we hardly knew ya. Good luck at New Mexico A&M&T.

Just remembered this post by hoopsuy72:

• If Luther stays healthy, he has a very solid final year at 'Zona. I think he averages close to a double-double there if his foot problems don't resurface.
  • Stewart has a very good career, with solid shooting and production for his remaining three years. Whether that's at a major or mid-major, who knows. I'm hearing that playing for his dad is still a strong possibility, but regardless of where he lands, I think he's a player to be reckoned with.
  • I like Carr's potential if he goes to the right program. I think if he lands at OSU or Michigan, he could wind up being an integral piece on a high-quality team. Minnesota or Marquette, who the heck knows. IMO, he's an idiot if he goes to MN or Marquette, as neither Pitino nor Wojo are particularly stable HCs and he could wind up in this same situation within a year or two (fired HC).
  • Golden is my sleeper. The kid has been rising up the rankings boards; he can shoot the ball, his older brother (who was not as highly ranked) is a stud at Richmond, and Bryce is the epitome of the 21st century 4. If he picks the right program, I think he's the kid of this bunch who could wind up being a star.
  • Kingsby, we hardly knew ya. Good luck at New Mexico A&M&T.

I don't care about any of those guys anymore.

It's amusing how the guy nobody seemed fussed about losing ends up with the best landing spot of our transfers/decommits.

Very surprising but it often pays off to be the last guy left. Pretty smart by Kingsby I guess. We saw the same thing last year with leftovers Chukwuka and Davis who had little to no offers but we were desperate. Jamie also brought in guys like Graves, who had no offers in the summer. Milligan also. Kinda like being the last woman in the bar at 2AM.

Very surprising but it often pays off to be the last guy left. Pretty smart by Kingsby I guess. We saw the same thing last year with leftovers Chukwuka and Davis who had little to no offers but we were desperate. Jamie also brought in guys like Graves, who had no offers in the summer. Milligan also. Kinda like being the last woman in the bar at 2AM.

Wade already has an outrageous recruiting class coming in. Kingsby probably hit a sweet spot in terms of positional need/class balance and nobody is going to question his rating when you've already got a top 5 class. With that said, it's still funny when you've got people like hoopsguy hyping up everybody except for him. Classic case of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, but they do it authoritatively enough that some are fooled.

Wade already has an outrageous recruiting class coming in. Kingsby probably hit a sweet spot in terms of positional need/class balance and nobody is going to question his rating when you've already got a top 5 class. With that said, it's still funny when you've got people like hoopsguy hyping up everybody except for him. Classic case of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, but they do it authoritatively enough that some are fooled.

I think hoopsguy72 knows what he is talking about. In the thread in question, he was being criticized for over valuing Pitt's returning players and recruits. I think he was bowing to that criticism with the Kingsby remark.

I think he was right in his original evaluation. Luther, Stewart, Carr, Golden and Kingsby all appear to be players capable of landing at multiple desirable locations.

I think hoopsguy72 knows what he is talking about. In the thread in question, he was being criticized for over valuing Pitt's returning players and recruits. I think he was bowing to that criticism with the Kingsby remark.

I think he was right in his original evaluation. Luther, Stewart, Carr, Golden and Kingsby all appear to be players capable of landing at multiple desirable locations.

He just parrots information without having the knowledge to discern what is reasonable and what isn't. Carr was never a take at Michigan or OSU (or Villanova). Stewart will never be a "player to be reckoned with" unless he spends the rest of his career at Tennessee-Martin. Bryce Golden may have been rising up the boards, but he sure as hell isn't the "epitome of the 21st century 4". I don't care enough about him to speculate about whether he has an agenda, but if nothing else, he strikes me as an insecure dude who lacks insight. That's my take, at least, to each their own.

Yea, at this point, there's very little risk to taking Kingsby (besides character issues) if you have an open scholarship. It wasnt going to be used anyway so if he sucks, he only ties up a spot for 1 year. To the best of my knowledge, Wade and Stallings were his only major D1 offers. Minnesota was interested but they seemed to have backed off.

He just parrots information without having the knowledge to discern what is reasonable and what isn't. Carr was never a take at Michigan or OSU (or Villanova). Stewart will never be a "player to be reckoned with" unless he spends the rest of his career at Tennessee-Martin. Bryce Golden may have been rising up the boards, but he sure as hell isn't the "epitome of the 21st century 4". I don't care enough about him to speculate about whether he has an agenda, but if nothing else, he strikes me as an insecure dude who lacks insight. That's my take, at least, to each their own.

I'm only commenting because Gary tagged me in his post, and it brought me to this thread. I'll simply say that I've stopped posting here on the free board because of comments like yours. There's no reason at all to attack me personally because you disagree with my opinion.

95%+ of my posts are now on the paid board, where the conversations are more reasonable and the posters more reasonable. It's also where I've shared several pieces of info that weren't available anywhere on these boards, or anywhere else period, including Capel staff hires, players leaving (or staying), and other related info. Look at the number of posts I've made and the number of likes I've received. It speaks for itself, and it's not a result of insecurity or an agenda.

In the case of Gary's post, he pretty much nailed it. I liked every single one of the guys who left/didn't come to Pitt, including Kingsby. But if I'd praised Kingsby in that post, I'd have gotten killed. Should have been true to myself and my opinions. Lesson learned. Well, that and staying off the free board.

Reactions: gary2
I'm only commenting because Gary tagged me in his post, and it brought me to this thread. I'll simply say that I've stopped posting here on the free board because of comments like yours. There's no reason at all to attack me personally because you disagree with my opinion.

95%+ of my posts are now on the paid board, where the conversations are more reasonable and the posters more reasonable. It's also where I've shared several pieces of info that weren't available anywhere on these boards, or anywhere else period, including Capel staff hires, players leaving (or staying), and other related info. Look at the number of posts I've made and the number of likes I've received. It speaks for itself, and it's not a result of insecurity or an agenda.

In the case of Gary's post, he pretty much nailed it. I liked every single one of the guys who left/didn't come to Pitt, including Kingsby. But if I'd praised Kingsby in that post, I'd have gotten killed. Should have been true to myself and my opinions. Lesson learned. Well, that and staying off the free board.
Miss you on the free board. You always came across as knowledgeable and informed.

Reactions: FireballZ

Yep. Every Stallings player was great.

Reactions: levance2
I hope McGowens and Johnson out perform Carr and Stewart, but there is no guarantee
I think we’re going to see better athletes and better bb players at Pitt , just not everyone will meet expectations .

I understand that you spend an inordinate amount of time trawling through twitter, but that doesn't mean you have any insight. The fact that you're talking about the likes you've received only serves to highlight your insecurity, but I'm not here to psychoanalyze you and I don't want to stray too far from the topic at hand.

You'd have gotten killed? On an internet message board? Oh the horror. Yeah, you're totally not insecure. Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

You're an excellent poster. I also wish you wouldn't let the trolls and dopes like this guy dissuade you. Some of these clowns view any positivity towards non-JD players as a slight against him. They have mental disorders.

I hate tell you this not everyone of JC recruits will work out either .
No one said they would. However, hoopsguy72 defended every single Stallings recruit, Stallings, and Cage as if they were absolute gems and we were on the brink of being great if we just gave him more time. He knew this because one of hoopsguy72's former players was allowed to be a towel boy.

You're an excellent poster. I also wish you wouldn't let the trolls and dopes like this guy dissuade you. Some of these clowns view any positivity towards non-JD players as a slight against him. They have mental disorders.
Other then you, nobody mentioned Dixon.

No one said they would. However, hoopsguy72 defended every single Stallings recruit, Stallings, and Cage as if they were absolute gems and we were on the brink of being great if we just gave him more time. He knew this because one of hoopsguy72's former players was allowed to be a towel boy.
Even so at least he knew the towel boy who do you know !

While I thought Kingsby was a decent recruit for Stallings, there is not one player Capel has brought in that I would trade for him or Golden.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT