ADVERTISEMENT

Kithcart and Manigault recruits getting Upgraded

steel_curtain

All Conference
Nov 9, 2014
-Kithcart averaging 26 points per game, 7 assists per game, and 5 rebound per game. Just got a 4th star by espn. A few outlets stating could end up be the best point guard in the entire class!

-Manigualt completely dominated the hoophall classic. 18 points and 15 rebounds game 1, 17 points and 16 rebounds game 2. I like reading words about Manigualt that associate with Force, Rock, Anchor, windex man, etc... that I keep reading.

-Both could easily finish Top 50 in Final Rankings. Awesome looking recruit class. And we really need point and center help. Congrats Dixon, we got a pair of winners here.

-Kithcart averaging 26 points per game, 7 assists per game, and 5 rebound per game. Just got a 4th star by espn. A few outlets stating could end up be the best point guard in the entire class!

-Manigualt completely dominated the hoophall classic. 18 points and 15 rebounds game 1, 17 points and 16 rebounds game 2. I like reading words about Manigualt that associate with Force, Rock, Anchor, windex man, etc... that I keep reading.

-Both could easily finish Top 50 in Final Rankings. Awesome looking recruit class. And we really need point and center help. Congrats Dixon, we got a pair of winners here.

Hope so, we'll need the help sooner rather than later. And I know what windex man means, but it's not an imposing descriptor.

Can they play tonight?

jamie may be the best recruiter I've ever seen.

Yeah that is what said D-bag. Why mush some posters inject snarky a-hole comments into every thread. Not every thread has to doom and gloom JD sucks rinse and repeat. God forbid there be any positivity.

Hopefully both are the real deal. It would be nice of Nix turns out to be good, too. Have there been any reports on how he's doing?

Cause we are longer seeing great improvement from the players on the team....which used to be "the pitt way"
Not exactly. We have certainly seen GLF's from Young, Artis and to an extent, Jeter. Luther has made progress to look like he can contribute when the 3 big forwards in front of him are gone. Likewise, Slim Johnson has shown some flashes but needs to get stronger and more consistent.

Where we've lost "the Pitt way" is consistency, old fashioned effort and mental toughess throughout the game. As mentioned in Matt's Twitter and esewhere, ths team used to have the pride and toughess to never get blown out. We almost never lost by double figures. We rarely or never got out rebounded. Those are real problems today. . It is frustrating to us and I'm sure it is even worse for Jamie. The 3 grad transfers play well some games and disappear for others. Robinson had perhaps his worst overall game last night. This team has come out flat early too often lately, They fell into a hole after missing something like 7 or 8 shots in a row, made a brief recovery but didn't sustain it. .

I don't have answers and I'm not sure they're going to come from anywhere but inside the players' psyche. There isn't Top 10 talent here, but there IS Top 25 talent, if the effort and concentration is applied. Guys need to look inside themselves and decide how they want to be viewed, as underachievers or as winners.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeffburgh
Again, we always hear about this next class. Always hear about upgrade in talent. And then they come here. And.......

Again, we always hear about this next class. Always hear about upgrade in talent. And then they come here. And.......

Not always true.
I think Damon Wilson is a talented dude. Young and Artis are talented.
Jeter is an athlete.
Luther and Slim were projects with upside to develop.
Smith, Maia and ANO were brought in to stop-gap roster holes.

It's not like people have been delusional- our over-all talent is down.

Me- I'm ready for a big staff shake up from Dixon. May be time for some new voices in practice and game prep.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT