ADVERTISEMENT

Knockout rounds thread

That pass by Messi was other worldly.

The best part was the replay that they showed were you could see that he never even looked at the guy who was making the run and yet still threaded an inch perfect pass through defenders.

If you are making a list of the best passes ever, that one is on the list.

Reactions: mike412
The best part was the replay that they showed were you could see that he never even looked at the guy who was making the run and yet still threaded an inch perfect pass through defenders.

If you are making a list of the best passes ever, that one is on the list.
No doubt. There wasn’t even a millisecond glance. And the placement was absolutely perfect.

Combo or Sam young fake pump/ pulling someone's shorts down while looking in the sky. I thought Argentina's players were absolute assholes.
I hate Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Mexico and pretty much every soccer country south of the US.

I think Croatia and Morocco are from
The same group. Crazy

France vs Argentina would be great with Lionel once again missing the championship trOphy

I just felt it. Teammates, Kane already scored one, he was going to out think himself.
Exactly. I think you’re right. He was going up against a guy he sees in practice every day. In his mind he was probably thinking that Lloris knows him better than anyone, and then compounded by the fact that he already made one and probably thought he needed to switch it up. His mind was probably all over the place.

Yeah it was.
Was it really though? I mean so often we fail to acknowledge the play made by the offensive guy and want to attribute to defensive breakdown. It was a great entry and a great finish and play on the ball. Aside from fouling and a penalty, not sure what McGuiire could have done any better.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Croatia has had a nice little run the past few world cups. Can Luca Modric come back at 41 yoa for 1 more go round...

I forget who it was, but didn’t someone here say 2 weeks ago that Argentina wasn’t very good in spite of their #3 FIFA ranking and 36 game unbeaten streak coming into the World Cup? I don’t feel like digging for the thread, nor do I want to out anyone. We all say silly things. But geez, other than that slip up vs SA, all they do is win.

I forget who it was, but didn’t someone here say 2 weeks ago that Argentina wasn’t very good in spite of their #3 FIFA ranking and 36 game unbeaten streak coming into the World Cup? I don’t feel like digging for the thread, nor do I want to out anyone. We all say silly things. But geez, other than that slip up vs SA, all they do is win.
I am very much a novice at soccer, and really appreciate the very informative comments that I see here. It seems like there is hostility directed toward Argentina on here, and although today is the only time I have seen them play, they totally dominated Croatia. I am curious about why the hostility.

I am very much a novice at soccer, and really appreciate the very informative comments that I see here. It seems like there is hostility directed toward Argentina on here, and although today is the only time I have seen them play, they totally dominated Croatia. I am curious about why the hostility.
A couple things I think.

1) it’s not a star studded team. They have the best player of a generation and he might be the best player of all time, but outside of him I’m not sure they’re very relatable to the average fan because they don’t have a roster overflowing with well known players. All they see are Futbol players named Martinez, Alvarez and Fernandez.

2) secondly, they didn’t come off very well the previous game vs Netherlands. There was plenty of poor sportsmanship. I’d argue Netherlands has a lot to do with that but plenty of people thought Argentina was plain nasty. This image will be one that soccer/football/Futbol fans will see for years and years.

FjoB5OcWIAArmkF

Julian Alvarez is almost single handedly beating Croatia.

He has had a little help from some little dude named Messi though. :)

I’m not a gamer so I hope I’m saying this right. It’s like Man City is playing in Madden mode and everyone else is the Washington Generals.

Reactions: mike412

I’m not a gamer so I hope I’m saying this right. It’s like Man City is playing in Madden mode and everyone else is the Washington Generals.

Alvarez didn't cost that much either. He had one big year for River Plate where he was the best player in the league and City went right after him.

I'm not sure of how he fits in with Haaland (maybe on a wing) but it'll be interesting to see.
River Plate had him and Enzo Fernandez as well.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT