ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle McCord in the portal…..

thebadby2

Athletic Director
Sep 21, 2003
And it sounds from Day’s comments like he nudged him into it. After an 11-1 season. 2 picks against Michigan was basically the backbreaker for him. They don’t mess around at OSU. It will be very interesting to see where he ends up.

Meanwhile over at Pitt we have a coach who for 5 games kept rolling out a right handed QB who looked like he was throwing with his left.

And it sounds from Day’s comments like he nudged him into it. After an 11-1 season. 2 picks against Michigan was basically the backbreaker for him. They don’t mess around at OSU. It will be very interesting to see where he ends up.

Meanwhile over at Pitt we have a coach who for 5 games kept rolling out a right handed QB who looked like he was throwing with his left.
OSU can buy any QB in the country so they will be just fine. McCord definitely didn’t seem to have the similar juice that Buckeye QBs have, though I’d take him at Pitt in a second.

OSU can buy any QB in the country so they will be just fine. McCord definitely didn’t seem to have the similar juice that Buckeye QBs have, though I’d take him at Pitt in a second.
McCord was great in a clean pocket but seemed to struggle when the pocket collapsed. My guess is he comes back east (Rutgers, Maryland, Syracuse, I guess Pitt is a possibility).

Reactions: HailToPitt725

Are there any other teams with top-5 talent that you would like to compare Pitt with in order continue your anti-Narduzzi agenda?

I understand your point but a lot of quarterbacks thrive when the pocket collapses.
Some may manage it better than others but none thrives when the pocket collapses

Even Mahomes and Jackson are totally neutralized when there is a jail break

Reactions: pbrad
though I’d take him at Pitt in a second... uh, in that he was not really that good when surrounded by 5-star talent, nope.

though I’d take him at Pitt in a second... uh, in that he was not really that good when surrounded by 5-star talent, nope.
He was 11-1 good following CJ Stroud at a top 5 program, winning the job from a room full of top QB talent. Top 20 in every meaningful statistical category for a QB.

Not good enough for Pitt though. Maybe we can pull another Slovis or Jurk from the portal.

No need for you to worry about him coming to Pitt, that much is a certainty.

Some funny stuff on this board.

McCord was great in a clean pocket but seemed to struggle when the pocket collapsed. My guess is he comes back east (Rutgers, Maryland, Syracuse, I guess Pitt is a possibility).
Rutgers, Maryland, Syracuse, I guess Pitt is a possibility

None of those will even get a glance. He will have his pick of transfer destinations and 7 figure NIL offers. Think LSU, USC, Oregon, those kinds of programs.

In a sport starving for good QB talent, he will be the prize catch of transfer QBs.

Are there any other teams with top-5 talent that you would like to compare Pitt with in order continue your anti-Narduzzi agenda?
Do you have some kind of logical explanation or defense for Jurk starting all 5 of those games? Not one of your typical nonsensical, Doozpologist, concocted attempts to excuse the inexcusable, but a real, viable, logic and evidence-based explanation?

Reactions: boseman7
Some may manage it better than others but none thrives when the pocket collapses

Even Mahomes and Jackson are totally neutralized when there is a jail break
I kind of look at it the other way.

Most NFL QBs thrive in a clean pocket with no pressure. Ones that don’t regardless of the system aren’t long for the NFL.

But what separates the men from the boys, the franchise QB from the game manager, the elite from the average, are the QBs that make something happen even when under pressure, and have a knack for doing it more than just occasionally.

Do you have some kind of logical explanation or defense for Jurk starting all 5 of those games? Not one of your typical nonsensical, Doozpologist, concocted attempts to excuse the inexcusable, but a real, viable, logic and evidence-based explanation?
I actually stuck up forNCPitt in one of his recent long drawn out debates. Now, I just laugh and wait for the patented response to show up….Clown World.

Rutgers, Maryland, Syracuse, I guess Pitt is a possibility

None of those will even get a glance. He will have his pick of transfer destinations and 7 figure NIL offers. Think LSU, USC, Oregon, those kinds of programs.

In a sport starving for good QB talent, he will be the prize catch of transfer QBs.
You could be right but guys in similar situations like Cade McNamara, DJU, Hudson Card, and Spencer Rattler didn’t end up at big schools.

You could be right but guys in similar situations like Cade McNamara, DJU, Hudson Card, and Spencer Rattler didn’t end up at big schools.
McNamara was the only one in a similar situation, having just taken his team to a 12-2 season and the CFP. But after getting wiped by UGA in the CFP, Harbaugh, much like Saban after he lost twice to Hugh Freeze, wanted to take his O up a notch with a more dymamic, athletic, playmaking QB in McCarthy. Rattler busted out of OU and got overtaken by a guy who would go on to win the Heisman, DJ couldn't get it done at Clemson and nearly got run out of town on a rail, and Card started all of 3 games the season before he transferred.

McCord will be in far greater demand than any of them were. He is plug and play at literally any major program that is losing a starter. Again, you never know, but I suspect he;s going to go somehere that can pay a ton of money for his serices. I see the likes of Oregon, USC or LSU as landing spots for him.

Don’t know if he knows anything but apparently Ryan Clark responded to a tweet and said Ward is going to tO$U. He’s since deleted it.

McNamara was the only one in a similar situation, having just taken his team to a 12-2 season and the CFP. But after getting wiped by UGA in the CFP, Harbaugh, much like Saban after he lost twice to Hugh Freeze, wanted to take his O up a notch with a more dymamic, athletic, playmaking QB in McCarthy. Rattler busted out of OU and got overtaken by a guy who would go on to win the Heisman, DJ couldn't get it done at Clemson and nearly got run out of town on a rail, and Card started all of 3 games the season before he transferred.

McCord will be in far greater demand than any of them were. He is plug and play at literally any major program that is losing a starter. Again, you never know, but I suspect he;s going to go somehere that can pay a ton of money for his serices. I see the likes of Oregon, USC or LSU as landing spots for him.
I think your point that “he (McCord) is plug and play” is where we disagree. McCord is slow to progress through his reads and he misses a lot of open wide receivers.

I think your point that “he (McCord) is plug and play” is where we disagree. McCord is slow to progress through his reads and he misses a lot of open wide receivers.
McCord is slow to progress through his reads and he misses a lot of open wide receivers.
uh-yeah-bill-lumbergh.gif

No, I do not. But I also don't compare Narduzzi's QB decisions to a coach with having "a room full of top QB talent*".

*Quote from thebadby2

Second reply.

The logical explanation is that practices showed that keeping him at QB gave the team the best chance to win.

I actually stuck up forNCPitt in one of his recent long drawn out debates. Now, I just laugh and wait for the patented response to show up….Clown World.
See above.

You stuck up for me when the facts made me provably right.

I think it would be Awsome if he transferred to meechigan and beat day and the buckeyes. He was clearly “fired” by Day whose seat is hot for losing to meechigan

I don't think McCord is the prize of this transfer cycle. Sounds like he was all but pushed out in favor of Ward, for instance. And even if they don't get Ward, the fact that they were confident enough to give McCord a nudge is telling. He's not horrible, but throwing to a generation talent helps.

Reactions: FireballZ
Second reply.

The logical explanation is that practices showed that keeping him at QB gave the team the best chance to win.
Generally I agree with this.

But when it takes 10 games of largely disastrous QB play to figure out that the guy you recruited into your program out of high school and who’s been on your roster the longest is best at moving your team down the field in games, that very much calls your ability to properly evaluate the QB position into question.

Generally I agree with this.

But when it takes 10 games of largely disastrous QB play to figure out that the guy you recruited into your program out of high school and who’s been on your roster the longest is best at moving your team down the field in games, that very much calls your ability to properly evaluate the QB position into question.
Aren't you one who repeatedly scorns Narduzzi on his lack of participation with the offense? Now you want to blame for offensive personnel selections. You can't have it both ways ... without an agenda.

Aren't you one who repeatedly scorns Narduzzi on his lack of participation with the offense? Now you want to blame for offensive personnel selections. You can't have it both ways ... without an agenda.
I forgot he’s just the co-defensive coordinator, not the head coach. He doesn’t make any personnel decisions or give any direction whatsoever to the offense at any time. He just stands by helplessly while the offense vomits all over itself on Saturdays. Because thats not his department. My bad.

Heather should probably find someone to fill that role for a lot less money. Nards is pretty pricey by for a co-DC.

I forgot he’s just the co-defensive coordinator, not the head coach. He doesn’t make any personnel decisions or give any direction whatsoever to the offense at any time. He just stands by helplessly while the offense vomits all over itself on Saturdays. Because thats not his department. My bad.

Heather should probably find someone to fill that role for a lot less money. Nards is pretty pricey by for a co-DC.
You can't have it both ways without an agenda. You admit an agenda so you try to have both ways.

McCord is fine.

He’s not a difference maker or a special talent. But if you can limit what you’re asking him to do, you can win some games.

247 has him ranked as a low 4* right now. But basically every QB is a low 4* in the portal that actually has a 4* rating. It’s like every portal position, a lot of “meh.”

He’s about as good of an option is there is in a world of not great options.

He was 11-1 good following CJ Stroud at a top 5 program, winning the job from a room full of top QB talent. Top 20 in every meaningful statistical category for a QB.

Not good enough for Pitt though. Maybe we can pull another Slovis or Jurk from the portal.

odd that Ohio State would want to dump such a stud, eh?...

yes, many on said board fail to recognize points being made. Top 20 at OSU, wow! Slovis Pac 12 freshman of the year all conference.....betcha he put up some "Top 20" meaningful numbers at USC and yet sucked when not surrounded by 4-5 stars at Pitt. McCord IS another Slovis.....yep, some funny stuff indeed...

Last edited:

What would OSU’s record be with a really bad QB?

There’s so much talent on that team, they are only going to lose so many games with that schedule.

But if you watched OSU, it’s obvious they called plays to limit McCord’s impact on the game.

They didn’t do that for CJ Stroud.

Reactions: Chrush15
At Ohio State football means playoffs and championships, anything less is a complete failure of a season. If next season ends with a loss to Michigan and playoff flame out. Ryan Day may lose his job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT